Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones’ Chi Cheng Diagnosed With Pneumonia, In ICU

Started by deftoolsys07, Jun 16, 2012, 01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoolsys07

from theprp.com:

Ailing Deftones bassist Chi Cheng's health has taken a turn for the worse. Following a fan-funded return home from New Jersey, Cheng—who has most recently been in a partially conscious state following a 2008 car accident—has been diagnosed with pneumonia.
Some postings by his family made today via Oneloveforchi.com have shed some insight on his condition, including:

"SHOUT OUT TO CHI'S WORLDWIDE FAMILY-PRAYER REQUEST-he just got back home last night from NJ and is in ER with SOMETHING serious going on. Pneumonia and don't know what else. Not good! Please send the word again to PRAY HARD. Thank you all! onelove..."
"chi is in ICU on 3 antibiotics for pneumonia. blood pressure and oxygen are both low. please send healing.
one love for chi,
gina"

P.O.D. frontman Sonny Sandoval has also checked in with an update on Cheng via Twitter:

Quote"Spoke with Chi's mom. He really needs our prayers. He's in ICU and still fighting. Gods will be done! @POD @thewhosoevers ?#prayhard"

I would have just posted in the Chi thread but this deserved to be seen by everyone I think...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Vesanic

I think it's not the first time he's diagnosed with pneumonia, but I could be wrong.

from_musings

gottsu

Vesanic

Docs are thinking the pneumonia has gone into sepsis.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 16, 2012, 08:23 AM
I think it's not the first time he's diagnosed with pneumonia, but I could be wrong.

You're right, but they hyped it up to be something serious now... He even said "pneumonia and something else serious" or whatever... Chi can pull through though!!
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

pony_01

Northcal

Vesanic

It's getting serious, dear One Love familia.. Just phoned Momma, and our bro is in serious and critical condition from his pneumonia that has gone septic, low heart rate and he was very low on oxygen. The oxygen is a bit better now but he is still critical. Among other things he is on life support and 3 different Antibiotics. He is gradually coming off the life support, if possible.   

Chi's mom has allowed to me to inform you on how he is really doing, because she thinks you all deserve to know due to your ongoing love and support. She wanted to thank you for getting him home. Home to his family and his loved ones. His sister Mae is there in ICU with him right now. The lady who runs the Awareness for Chi Cheng page is with Momma, and is a huge help and comfort for them. Plus she makes Momma laugh, which is also great. Momma also is very grateful for the love Chi receives on a daily basis. You guys have made so many fantastic things happen. Don't know where Chi would be without all of you. 

I want to thank the nurse, Monica, who discovered how bad Chi's condition was, and got him in to ICU. Momma said she might have saved his life. He is fighting so hard, guys. They found his old Ipod in a bag, with all his favourite music on it. He has this on in headphones, as we know how important music is to him. Everybody is pulling together for him to do everything they can. 

But it's not good, and he needs us. Momma spoke of how she felt a wave of prayers and love from you all. They need that now. 

We can pull together for him though. Power in numbers, guys. Power in prayers. 

COME ON CHI! You can BEAT this! You've come this far! We are all here for you and for all the wonderful Chengs we have come to love. You've GOT this Chi.. Beat this so we can all "kick your ass" like Momma said, for scaring us like this...   

Final thing guys... 

Please BUCKLE UP,,, It only takes seconds for your whole life to change. 

One love for all of you and one love for our bro

Chi with his sister Mae

Inkblades

normsteez

Sad to say, but this could be it. I sure hope not, he has battled so long and hard. Come on Chi, you must survive this!! Prayers are with you and your family.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

Northcal

Fuk come on chi pull through. Que dios te bendiga

TheShade1989

Sending positive thoughts to Chi. He's a strong guy and has come so far, he's strong enough to go much further.

luisch

Update From Momma J

hi Gina! let me send you a quick blog to our lovely onelove family,

Mae has been staying with Chi for most of the time since Chi went into ICU on Thursday. Today when Sal and I went
in to see him, he looked better than we had expected. He was quite aware of what was going on. He is still on life support and not enjoying the tube down his throat.

He did respond to us and they are going to try to ween him off the breathing machine tomorrow. When they tried today he did not do well but he has been on it before and gotten off without incident.

He is sedated part of the time but knows that he is near home and we are waiting to get him back to the house. He knows that we are there. Sal read him all of the comments that were sent to him and he knows that there are so many people sending
prayers and love.

Sal took a few pics for me to share with you. He is quite intensely listening to what I say and responds in different small but
deliberate ways. He knows that we are waiting for him.

Thank you all again for the prayers and support! He wanted so much to be home and you all brought him home to California and to his family. We are so grateful! Please keep him lifted in prayer. Blessings to you all family!
-Mom J and the Cheng gang

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Vesanic

That's a relief, but fuck, he looks so out of here...

TheShade1989

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 17, 2012, 09:58 AM
That's a relief, but fuck, he looks so out of here...

What do you expect after everything he's been through and is going through? It sounds like he's doing really well considering, so it's great news, hope he continues to get better.

Vesanic

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Jun 17, 2012, 11:24 AM
What do you expect after everything he's been through and is going through?

Sorry for observing.

Corleone

Vesanic

Chi has been weened of the tube and is totally breathing on his own! He is receiving visitors and has had family come see him. He is being very well looked after in this hospital and he is fighting. He is amazing. He still needs our prayers, guys. Pray that he gets strong enough to be able to go home soon. One love ♥