Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones at Knotfest Pay per View?

Started by 976-EVIL, Jul 12, 2012, 12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

976-EVIL

Good day Ladies and Gentlemen, was not sure where to put this so please move if needed...

I was just over at blabbermouth.com and there was a brief article that Slipknot's Knotfest concert (Deftones perform before Slipknot) will be a pay per view event. I am wondering if this will include Deftones performance or not. Love to see a new song live.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176616

Anybody else hear about this or have details?
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

976-EVIL

$14.95 is the fee, but I call Bullshit if the Tones are absent from the broadcast.

defsteve

Don't know what V is on about as that video is a completely different event.  ???

The official blurb from Slipknot does not mention anything about other bands being broadcast on the PPV.

SLIPKNOT LIVE AT KNOTFEST PAY PER VIEW WORLD-WIDE EVENT OF THE SUMMER

* * * TRANSMISSION FROM THE CLOWN * * *

"Hey everybody this is the Clown and I just wanted to extend Slipknot's invitation to a special world-wide pay per view broadcast of one of our long time dreams that is finally coming into fruition on Saturday, August 18th.
Our goal was to create a festival that screamed our vision. It would mean everything to us for everyone to be there at once. But because some cannot be there in the flesh and blood, we have made it possible for you to be there in spirit so please join us at Knotfest on August 18th in Minneapolis, MN.
Thanks for everything and as always we love each and everyone of you.
-The Clown."
--------

You thought you were safe? ... Think again and there is no escaping.... All bets are off.

Sign up and tune in NOW for Slipknot Live from KNOTFEST early and get exclusive pre-show footage and more.

ROAD TO KNOTFEST
Each Saturday is an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the weeks leading up to KNOTFEST with interviews and live summer performance clips.

• Slipknot Saturday 1: July 14
• Slipknot Saturday 2: July 21
• Slipknot Saturday 3: July 28
• Slipknot Saturday 4: August 4
• Slipknot Saturday 5: August 11

Then on August 18th, you will be tuned in to SLIPKNOT LIVE AT KNOTFEST

SLIPKNOT is coming to you exclusively from backstage, on stage and EVERYWHERE in between, from any computer, anywhere in the world.

SLIPKNOT- live from KNOTFEST- will be their final live performance of 2012 !!

Guaranteed to make your blood pump and your ears bleed...Slipknot's sinister performance will be emanating from your screen in streaming bandwidth.

Watch an exclusive 15-minute post-show interview with members of Slipknot as they just finished massacring the KNOTFEST main stage...only available to you from Slipknot at KNOTFEST's live pay-per-view event...

The Pay Per View will include all the craziness of Knotfest as well as all the insanity that goes on backstage.

Pause it. Rewind it. Re watch it. World Wide.

http://www.eventviewlive.com/

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

snw9

Deftones should do something like this. It'll be a great way for us international fans to get a glimpse of their new song and set!
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

Quote from: defsteve on Jul 17, 2012, 11:03 PM
Don't know what V is on about as that video is a completely different event.  ???

Yeah, sorry.

Caín

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jul 18, 2012, 09:31 AM
Tones opening for slipknot. This is such a fucking disgrace. Too bad it was paul gray that died rather than corey taylor, maybe then they would've finally chosen to quit and shut the fuck up.

What a god damned asshole you are.

Vesanic

I agree, I pretty much hate Slipknot, for their music I mean, but you just don't say that.

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 19, 2012, 12:02 PM
I agree, I pretty much hate Slipknot, for their music I mean, but you just don't say that.

I like listening to Slipknot but I can't stand negative lyrics anymore. Now opening for Deftones, I think its time Deftones become headliners, I mean they just had a hit selling album and a much bigger fan base than before. What more do they need?
Code: [Select]

976-EVIL

I could care less about Slipknot and this was not the basis of this thread.

My interest is in finding out if Deftones will be a part of this pay per view event since they are the lead opener for the show.

Cant we all just get along? Sure we can,....get "along" stick and beat the hell out of each other!!!

Millennia

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jul 19, 2012, 06:44 PM
Quote from: Caín on Jul 19, 2012, 11:46 AM
Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jul 18, 2012, 09:31 AM
Tones opening for slipknot. This is such a fucking disgrace. Too bad it was paul gray that died rather than corey taylor, maybe then they would've finally chosen to quit and shut the fuck up.

What a god damned asshole you are.

Yeah because paul gray was such a gift to the world of music. If you like this shitty band then fine, that's your opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion that they are one of the worst things to ever happen to music so why would I give a shit what happens to any of them. And this board is full of assholes. It's not a place to talk about the band. It's a place for the clique of people who started posting here many years ago to validate themselves and alienate newer members. I now understand why some people post such annoying shit. Otherwise you can't even get a reply from anyone, specifically those in the aforementioned clique. This includes mods. But whatever, I will not say anything else negative about your precious slipknot. This is apparently a Deftones board so we shouldn't even be talking about this band in this section, but apparently there's more slipknot love than I thought. Go comment on blabbermouth if you want to talk about shitty bands like them.

shut the fuck up dude. Talking about the death of someone is completely different to having an opinion on someones music. You sir are an asshole. Why are you so angry about another bands music? are you forced to listen to them? no. Grow the fuck up. You piece of shit

Northcal

Quote from: snw9 on Jul 19, 2012, 12:40 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 19, 2012, 12:02 PM

I like listening to Slipknot but I can't stand negative lyrics anymore. Now opening for Deftones, I think its time Deftones become headliners, I mean they just had a hit selling album and a much bigger fan base than before. What more do they need?
slipknot was my favorite band from 2000-2004 because Their  Negative Music was a drug to me in my I hate the world yrs.now im jus kick back and mellow listening to deftones and rolling fat blunts .yeeeee

Vesanic

iceache

Jeez JBMP. We're you jumped and raped by the members of slipknot? If not. Dude. Shut the fuck up. There are a lot of bands/musicians whose music I don't like. But never would I wish death upon any of them. Sounds like you need to take some anger management classes and step away from the Internet for a while.

sing blue silver

Get the sand out of your collective vaginas.

Bza々

slipknot fucking sucks, that is all.

sing blue silver

I loved slipknot back in school, hated them for the past 7 years but got back into them recently. Who gives a shit, like what you like and listen to it because you enjoy it. I don't give a fuck, I'm Matt, I'm 24 and I love slipknot. If you hate it that's cool too but don't shit on people for liking something. Wishing death on anyone for making music you personally don't enjoy is fucking ridiculous.

Northcal

IOWA was tha shit.I remember taking shrooms wit my homies then getting into my friends suv that had a sic audio system and jus tripping the fuk out.after that I started thinking I needed to go to church.lol fuck dude I felt like those muthafuckas were playing behind  My seat :'( ahh good times

jbmp1390

I don't mean to be cliche, but I understand how you all feel about my comments. However I feel about slipknot, you are right, it's not okay to talk about someone's death like it's nothing.  I don't like the band, in a deep way, but my comments were uncalled for. I recently had a terrible thing happen in my state that I'm sure you've all heard about at this point. I'm not trying to undo what I said. I just want you all to know, that in my heart, I wish happiness and peace to you, your friends, your families and everyone connected to you.  Death is a terrible thing, not to be joked about, unfortunately I guess I needed a reminder of that. This event in my BELOVED state of Colorado has saddened me and many others to the core. I truly just hope that EVERYONE on this board is happy, has family and friends, and has not been affected by this terrible event. I just hope you're all doing well as well as your loved ones, and I'm sorry for what I said. I love this forum, and I wish nothing but the best for all of you. Even you musings, haha. I'm sorry guys, this shooting shit has just got me thinking deep. Love, respect, and peace to each and every one of you. BTW I removed my other posts from this thread not out of self embarrassment but out of respect. I don't want to bring anymore hate here. There's already enough of that.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

mothraw

Why cant we all just get along and skip the shit that dont belongs?why cant all we all just get away from fucking us up every single day?

Northcal

Quote from: mothraw on Jul 22, 2012, 04:15 PM
Why cant we all just get along and skip the shit that dont belongs?why cant all we all just get away from fucking us up every single day?
cause without conflict we all be pretty  bored wouldn't we?lol we need deftones to drop that new album already before we start to kill each other.lol :-X