Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OnyxPanicProne

I think its cause he's getting older. Its sucks but its true, I hope that his voice bounces back but it don't seem that way right now.

E-Money

Doesnt matter.... Teenager was still sick.  When the beat first dropped I was almost in shock.  Its one of my favorite deftones songs and I never thought I'd get to see it live.  Awesome show, and an awesome night. 

DeftonesNZ

It's just the touring that kills his voice especially the style of it, I saw an interview with Maynard James Keenan and he said touring fucks up your voice so much more than working in the studio, he said it's not screaming for a whole show or singing softly for a whole show it's the switching between both so often that really does the damage and that's what Chino does every show just takes a bit of rest and it comes right again, he seems to not have an issue in the off season when they aren't doing loads of shows.

Hank

Quote from: Dath on Nov 02, 2013, 11:13 PM

I don't recall ever hearing an Entombed performance where he didn't mess up on the chorus. If there's a good one hiding somewhere I'd love to see it, that song is amazing.

Deftones - Entombed (Paris - Le Trianon , Night 1 - 22.02.2013)

Not perfect but still the closest I think we will hear .

TheRealist

It's not only because he's getting older. Years of partying instead of resting and the throat problem he got on 2001 killed the power of his voice. Since then it's been a downhill until he bounce back a little since DE. Still he can stiil pull great performances on songs that don't request high notes, look at the recent RX Queen video, he sounded spotless.

SwerveCityUSA

his voice is better now. its more sultry and refined. teenager was always the most delicate song in the history of the deftones catalog. he might as well change the vocal arrangement to fit his voice now, it would be way better.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

lftpp

@theprp
QuoteEx-Fear Factory bassist Christian Olde Wolbers hit the stage with the Deftones in Los Angeles, CA this past weekend. Wolbers joined the band onstage during their performance of "Engine No. 9" with both stage-shot and fan-filmed footage posted below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6-26ujjuYk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMW0AZqgWbg

travwsmith

Quote from: luisch on Nov 02, 2013, 04:05 AM
2013-11-01 - The Greek, Los Angeles, California

They were soooo fucking good. Only time he really sounded a bit off was entombed and teenager rest of the night he kept getting better and  better.  So what is this I will follow song?

Corleone

Sweet setlist, lhabia is one of my favourites.

ANattyRat

Excellent setlist, would've been better if all the songs were included. So Goon Squad wasn't played?

sooniletugo

SwerveCityUSA

I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

lithium

💩

pony_01

luisch

2014-01-17 - Western Springs Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand

Setlist

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Be Quite and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Tempest
Swerve City
Poltergeist
RX Queen
Change (In the house of flies)
Rosemary
Engine No. 9
7 Words
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

vinsanity

Apart from RxQueen, same boring festival setlist, can they ditch Diamond Eyes and Rocket Skates as openers already?
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

sooniletugo

Nice to see Rx Queen being played, I love that song. I haven't seen them do Poltergeist at many festivals either. Wonder if we'll ever start to see more songs from KNY debuted?

mrtast

Here's the correct setlist

1. Diamond Eyes
2. Rocket Skates
3. Be Quite and Drive
4. My Own Summer
5. Tempest
6. Swerve City
7. Poltergeist
8. RX Queen
9. Change
10. Rosemary
11. Engine No. 9
12. Seven Words

mrtast

They had a full hour slot but they finished after 50mins which pissed off a few people, also, something must've been wrong with Chinos mic at the start because he threw at the ground and looked real pissed off with the tech.