Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesus2Chino

Chino seemed in high spirits for the gig though, lots of smiles. I was right in front of Chino there in Luisch's picture on the gate; good fun and great crowd.

You can't blame them for sticking primarily to singles for the set really--they rarely come to NZ, had to appease an audience not entirely comprised of their fan base, and had a really limited time on stage. I was expecting a set of singles, and was happy to hear RX Queen and Poltergeist played. They should have had Major Lazer play on the Tui stage after Pearl Jam and given the Deftones a longer set. That stage was finished after Arcade Fire before 8--just poor timetable management I think. Anywho, had a good time.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

DeftonesNZ

I didn't end up going but I saw someone suggest something like that to the promoter but they said as part of the conditions of having it at Western Springs the main had to close after PJ probably due to noise of something and also the fact deftones wanted a night show limited their set time.

ANattyRat

I think expecting the same songs at a festival is understandable, because they're trying to introduce people to their band, for those that haven't heard them before, and possibly gain new fans. So they play the 'main' songs, songs they're more known for. Rx Queen is a nice addition though. As for 7 Words, well...I think humanity will be wiped out before we hear the end of that song.

BunsRaisinsPies

If they start incorporating RX Queen into their live set more often it'd be a needed breath of fresh air. It's actually one of the more easy listening songs in their catalog. Why Maverick didn't want this to be a single I'll never know.

sooniletugo

Definitely. Rx Queen was the first Deftones song I really got hooked on and still one of my faves. It should be played more regularly.

DeftonesNZ

Haha yeah I saw that compilation one earlier but didn't share it here because I didn't want to put you guys through that, that chick is horrible so tonedeaf, but the band sounded on form, here's a video I found of Rocket Skates without an annoying girl yelling.
http://youtu.be/EdWTFkeUamM

luisch

2014-01-19 - Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast, Australia

Setlist

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Tempest
RX Queen
Poltergeist
Rosemary
Swerve City
Change (In the House of Flies)
Engine No. 9
Root
7 Words
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

geraavl08

The whole band uses Orange Amps now

luisch

2014-01-24- Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne, Australia

Setlist

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Tempest
Swerve City
Poltergeist
Rosemary
RX Queen
Engine No. 9
Root
7 Words

luisch

2014-01-26 - Showgrounds, Sydney, Australia

Setlist

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Tempest
Swerve City
Poltergeist
Rosemary
RX Queen
Engine No. 9
7 Words

sooniletugo

Yawn, what's this "'#HEAR THE TRUTH" banner above the stage? I'm pretty sure that's the Diamond Eyes font, at least the styling of the 'A', so it must be Deftones related.

kurtone

luisch

2014-01-28 - UNSW Roundhouse, Sydney, Australia*

Setlist

My Own Summer (Shove It)
Lhabia
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Tempest
Swerve City
Poltergeist
Rosemary
Cherry Waves
---
Bloody Cape
---
Entombed
Root
Engine No. 9
7 Words

*First headlining show 2014

luisch

play

Right before they played cherry waves, Chino talked about about how they never like to play stuff from Saturday night wrist as it was a really fucked up time for them. Never heard him say that at a show before. Pretty cool

shoop

::)

endstand

I'm looking for Area 4 Festival DVD (2009-08-21), anyone?
hello memory lover, you are mine

slyartwork

Ask that in the Download + request thread
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

vool421

Deftones planning another U.S tour?

http://www.wolverinekills.com/2014/01/30/deftones-plotting-us-tour/

It's just a rumour but that guy is always 90% right when it comes to touring rumours.

tbh, i don't see it happening. That is unlikely for this band though.