Passenger
Change (In the House of Flies)
Headup
Bored
Engine No. 9
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

mono

E-Money

I get that they have the big screen behind them and I'm sure a lot of that goes along with the songs... Idk I haven't been to a show on this tour yet but seems like they could switch it up a bit.. Let's at least get bloody cape in there and cherry waves and Hole in the earth. Beware and Needles were dope first couple of shows.

And I wish we got Kimdracula every once in a while...

cvthedrv

they put those kind of setlist just because of the people who goes to see them, nothing else.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: cvthedrv on Aug 20, 2015, 05:48 PM
they put those kind of setlist just because of the people who goes to see them, nothing else.
Yeah it never made sense to me how people complain about repetitive setlists on tours, the people they really affect are the people who watch the shows on Youtube for free, I'm one of those people but I can understand the setlists are for the people in the audience that night not people like me who have seen every setlist for this tour online. Of course I would like to see b-sides and rarer tracks played but I think there's some good things that come out of this consistency, they can have a better produced stage show with complimentary lights and background video and the performances are tighter because the band is well rehearsed.

On a side note who here thinks Sergio might not even know how to play a lot of deftones songs yet? with the circumstances that he entered the band in and the focus on new material I think it's possible he doesn't know a lot of the material and just sort of learns some new songs in between albums.

ANattyRat

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Aug 21, 2015, 12:27 AM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Aug 20, 2015, 05:48 PM
Yeah it never made sense to me how people complain about repetitive setlists on tours, the people they really affect are the people who watch the shows on Youtube for free, I'm one of those people but I can understand the setlists are for the people in the audience that night not people like me who have seen every setlist for this tour online. Of course I would like to see b-sides and rarer tracks played but I think there's some good things that come out of this consistency, they can have a better produced stage show with complimentary lights and background video and the performances are tighter because the band is well rehearsed.

On a side note who here thinks Sergio might not even know how to play a lot of deftones songs yet? with the circumstances that he entered the band in and the focus on new material I think it's possible he doesn't know a lot of the material and just sort of learns some new songs in between albums.

I get what you're saying, but I disagree. I've seen them three times, and each time, only a handful of songs were different. There are people that have seen them five, ten, a dozen, more, times, and have heard mostly the same songs each and every time. Switching up the setlists at least every now and again is good for people that see them. Everyone has their favourite songs, and a lot of people love hearing the more popular ones, but any Deftones fan that is there to see Deftones is going to be happy to hear rarer or more uncommonly-played songs, even if they're not their absolute favourites. I was never a fan of Engine No. 9, but they played it the last time I saw them, and their energy was amazing, it actually made me love that song.

I just think they need to change it up now and again. Not every few shows, even just once or twice per tour or something, so people who see them more than once have different experiences of them playing different songs. Hey, if they play this setlist when I see them in London, it's not going to take away my enjoyment, but literally the only song they'd play that I haven't heard them play will be WGTB.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I get people wanting variation from tour to tour that's fair enough and Deftones haven't been great with that in the past but what makes no sense to me is people who complain about this tour repeating when the set lists are quite different to the last tour, the people who saw them last tour are getting something new this time around which I think is pretty cool but people are already complaining about the setlist repeating when in reality most people will only actually see one one of those shows live.

cvthedrv

anyways, it will always make me feel bad to see how the people who really have the chance to see deftones 3, 4 or even more times getting mad about the setlist or the fucking location, fuck them, always bitchin about dumb things while on the other side of the world, we can watch a deftones show one time every three fucking years or even more, i'd give everything to have that luck.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah sucks pretty hard being NZ it feels like everytime a band comes here it could be the last time as it pretty common for bands to only come here 2-3 over a 30 year career

deftoolsys07

never post anymore, but just got back from the dallas show...
nothing worth noting.. same setlist as the previous dates.. chino wore some girls glow in the dark glasses that she threw at him during passenger but that's it...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

luisch

2015-08-19 - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, The Woodlands, TX, USA

Setlist

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Lhabia
Sextape
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
When Girls Telephone Boys
Tempest
Swerve City
Passenger
Headup
Bored
Engine No. 9

luisch

2015-08-20 - Gexa Energy Pavillon, Dallas, TX, USA

Setlist

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
My Own Summer
Lhabia Sextap
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
Tempest
Swerve City
Passenger
Headup Engine No. 9

downtownpony

I concur with deftoolsys on the Dallas show not being noteworthy. Big outdoor events generally suck though... I'm going to stick with the diamond eyes release show at trees being the best I've seen.

Traffic was a bitch getting in there, but was smooth sailing on the way out due to my brother and I leaving early on into incubus' trash performance.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: downtownpony on Aug 21, 2015, 03:03 PM
I concur with deftoolsys on the Dallas show not being noteworthy. Big outdoor events generally suck though... I'm going to stick with the diamond eyes release show at trees being the best I've seen.

Traffic was a bitch getting in there, but was smooth sailing on the way out due to my brother and I leaving early on into incubus' trash performance.

Well it was still a good performance. I just mean to anyone checking here for anything different or want to know if any rarities were played, then no. Due to traffic, long restroom & beer lines, we didn't get to our seats until beginning of BQAD...

And I was always on the fence about Incubus headlining, but after I saw their set, I think it was billed correctly. Great performances from both bands. Incubus played Calgone, which they hadn't played since 2007, and apparently is the 2nd time they've played it since 2002, so that was a nice treat.

Two of my favorite bands on one bill. Great show.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

lungdamage

luisch

2015-08-23 - Starlight Theater, Kansas City, MO, USA

Setlist

Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Rocket Skates
Diamond Eyes
Sextape
Swerve City
You've Seen the Butcher
Tempest
Passenger
Headup
Engine No. 9

luisch

2015-08-24 - Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO, USA

Setlist

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
My Own Summer (Shove It)
You've Seen the Butcher
Sextape
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
Tempest
Swerve City
Passenger
Headup
Engine No. 9

Ansem

The Diamond Eyes / Rocket Skates combination is getting so boring. I wish they'd replace at least one of those or at least play them in a different order.  :P