Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bojosoto

Quote from: ZackND on Oct 14, 2012, 09:54 PM
Quote from: deftoner664 on Oct 14, 2012, 09:13 PM
It would be dope if they would play Teething as the Encore instead of 7 words.. I thought they hate playing 7 words anyhow.

Teething would be sweet. It'd be nice if they played any other song instead of 7 words. The Chauffeur would be cool to close with. I'm pretty sure all five of their concerts i went to they closed with 7 words.
I was quite surprised the first time I saw them. I had been following their setlists for their whole tour and they closed with 7 Words every time, and then at my show they closed with Nosebleed.

rufas

Quote from: bojosoto on Oct 15, 2012, 03:45 AM
It would be dope if they would play Teething as the Encore instead of 7 words.. I thought they hate playing 7 words anyhow.

Teething would be sweet. It'd be nice if they played any other song instead of 7 words. The Chauffeur would be cool to close with. I'm pretty sure all five of their concerts i went to they closed with 7 words.
I was quite surprised the first time I saw them. I had been following their setlists for their whole tour and they closed with 7 Words every time, and then at my show they closed with Nosebleed.

Really? Was that a festival or something?

I'd love to see swords with say it ain't so, old school style. Loved that .

sing blue silver

My friend is going to the show tonight and will be texting me the setlist. Unfortunately I have to get up for work in 6 hours and with a 4 hour time difference between us I'll be fast asleep during the show. If it's not up by the time I get up I'll post it.

EDIT: Nevermind. She lost her phone charger and won't be taking it to the show because it's dead. Womp womp.

gwenudo

anybody reading this i need help ... how the hell do i get a chance to meet deftones in person? like a full on conversation and stuff .. prefferably on november 14 at the dallas show?... please and thankyou!
Was it like it seemed?...

cesar421

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Oct 15, 2012, 04:38 AM
anybody reading this i need help ... how the hell do i get a chance to meet deftones in person? like a full on conversation and stuff .. prefferably on november 14 at the dallas show?... please and thankyou!
You can try to meet them after the show.

Forgot to said, i saw two setlists at the Ventura show. the first one had Riviere, Dai and Hole on it. The other setlist was the setlist they played and Riviere wasn't there. Maybe they will play Dai the flu on the upcoming shows.

gwenudo

Quote from: cesar421 on Oct 15, 2012, 05:05 AM

Forgot to said, i saw two setlists at the Ventura show. the first one had Riviere, Dai and Hole on it. The other setlist was the setlist they played and Riviere wasn't there. Maybe they will play Dai the flu on the upcoming shows.

How could i tho? Do i just go around the building? O.o .. and oh that reminds me! How could i get my hands on a setlist for that night? ;D

Bza々

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Oct 15, 2012, 05:12 AM

How could i tho? Do i just go around the building? O.o .. and oh that reminds me! How could i get my hands on a setlist for that night? ;D

I don't know how it works, but look into the meet and great thing. I think it costs money but you get to meet the band, converse with em and get your picture taken.

gwenudo

Quote from: Bza々 on Oct 15, 2012, 05:17 AM
Quote from: gwenudo666 on Oct 15, 2012, 05:12 AM

I don't know how it works, but look into the meet and great thing. I think it costs money but you get to meet the band, converse with em and get your picture taken.

Where could i find the whole meet and greet thing?

kurtone

They're not doing a meet and greet for this tour. Best bet is to just hang out after the show by the buses

deftoolsys07

Quote from: kurtone on Oct 15, 2012, 05:38 AM
They're not doing a meet and greet for this tour. Best bet is to just hang out after the show by the buses

That's your best bet..
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

cesar421

Anyone knows which is the smallest venue on this tour? As far as i know the HOB in San Diego is the smallest. Venue has 1,000 capacity and i'll be at that show.

Fuck yes!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Royal Oak  Mi is small too cant remember how small but I seen Method Man there 10 yrs ago and it was surreal feeling like he was in my parents basement!! lol
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

shoop

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Oct 15, 2012, 08:44 AM
Royal Oak  Mi is small too cant remember how small but I seen Method Man there 10 yrs ago and it was surreal feeling like he was in my parents basement!! lol
1,700 ;)

Jesus2Chino

It's not hard to meet them. Chino was just chilling in a seat right next to the entrance at the Warfield in San Francisco before the show. I ran into Abe once just walking around the venue by the merchandise booths in San Jose during the Taste of Chaos tour, lol. You'll see them just doing their thing at some point during the night, it's just a matter of whether or not you want to be the person to bother them. They're all very cool and down to earth though, so don't be intimidated. The first time I met them was at the CD release after party for S/T. I just asked someone walking out for their pass, and in I went. Good luck and have fun!

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

gwenudo

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Oct 15, 2012, 09:33 AM
It's not hard to meet them. Chino was just chilling in a seat right next to the entrance at the Warfield in San Francisco before the show. I ran into Abe once just walking around the venue by the merchandise booths in San Jose during the Taste of Chaos tour, lol. You'll see them just doing their thing at some point during the night, it's just a matter of whether or not you want to be the person to bother them. They're all very cool and down to earth though, so don't be intimidated. The first time I met them was at the CD release after party for S/T. I just asked someone walking out for their pass, and in I went. Good luck and have fun!

Much respect,
-Matt

Hey thanks matt! I really hope i get to see em in person that would just complete me! But at the same time i dont want to be a disturbance or anything like that so hopefully theyre not having a bad day or anything >.> .. im wishing we get to chill tho i just cant fucking wait really! Thanks for your help tho matt very much appreciated!

Vesanic

2012-10-14 - Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Setlist:

Feiticeira
Passenger
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Poltergeist
Rosemary
Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
You've Seen the Butcher
Digital Bath
Knife Party
Tempest
Fireal [First part only]
Engine No. 9
Rivière
Change (In the House of Flies)
Bloody Cape

Encore

Bored
Root
7 Words

Videos:

Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfdC9dcWcLw

My Own Summer (Shove It)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYDSxnp_Qlg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9JSjC1uaKI

Digital Bath
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDPrC4Ht8vE

Fireal + Engine No. 9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5_Z9QD_bHg

Bored
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgXeSq3T3mk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1oMrbOAtI

cesar421

is that set  from someone who was at the show? because i saw two setlists at Ventura and one setlist had Dai,Hole and Riviere on it and the other was the original setlist but Riviere wasn't on the list of songs.

Vesanic

Well, it was posted on twitter. Tried to update setlist.fm with that one but a guy said it "definitely was not the setlist".

bojosoto

Quote from: rufas on Oct 15, 2012, 04:07 AM
Quote from: bojosoto on Oct 15, 2012, 03:45 AM

Really? Was that a festival or something?

I'd love to see swords with say it ain't so, old school style. Loved that .
Yeh man it was at the Melbourne BDO in 2011. Saw them two days in a row. Seriously best experience of my life.

Vesanic

Not sure if I've already said this, but I've noticed Rivière was played very differently from the studio version.

Deftones - Riviere

They skip the part between 1:07 and 1:46, the breakdown part is played four times instead of three and Chino doesn't play/sing the outro.