Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitant

Quote from: nineteen on Feb 23, 2013, 03:48 PM
Also, don't forget; For many fans on this tour it will be the first time they are hearing these songs live.

They could put just one rare song in to shake things up a bit but not much we can do. I personally could listen to them play whatever.

Word.
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

pony_01

defeldrick

Regarding to Vesanics post:

I have very good experience with how Chino behaved to me.  Last week, the 18th February, I rode the train to Manchester to visit Deftones at The Manchester Academy 1. I bought a couple of T-shirts, beer of Carlsberg and stood in front of the fence engineers. I was watching the support band Three Trapped Tigers and suddenly rotate and look who stands about two feet from me, it was Abe! He was wearing a knitted cap to nobody would recognize him, but wishful thinking. I slowly reached down and pulled the camera from the bag. Slowly I came to Abe, greeted and politely asked if I could take a picture with him. Neither have time to say anything, took a picture with me, looking at me horrified and immediately disappeared.
After blissfully staring at the camera display that my shot was good I'm going back to my place and when I turn, I see it all the time behind me were standing Chino with Juan! At that moment I did not know if I feel good or see a ghost! ... Chino looks at me intently, about what I want. Avidly watched Three Trapped Tigers. I did not want to disturb him, but I had the chance to use it. I came to him, nicely greeted and asked him if I could take a picture with him. He said nothing, just as surprised and shook his head, no. Juan let me know that no. So I went back over there to where I was standing, I just dodged Chino's view. During that came to Chino two Britons whispered something to him and immediately dropped out when they asked if they can take a picture with him, he said only "later". After about 5 minutes of watching Three Trapped Tigers someone of two of them (probably Juan) tapped  me on the shoulder, that I can take a picture with him! I was so fucking nervous that my camera fell from my hands. I came to Chino and at that moment I was speechless, so the only thing in that moment it occurred to him to say was that this is one of the best moments in my life that I appreciate it. I asked him if he remembers the concert in Prague in 2010, and he said yes: "Yes, It was hot, man!". Then we shook hands, I thanked to Chino and then he disappeared with Juan. Nobody else didnt take a picture with him, at least, what I noticed at that moment.

jaypayton

I am still trying to figure out how the white pony album helped save Vesanics life and inspired him to get his shit together...considering the album was written while Chino was knee deep in cocaine and booze and Chino only got worse for the next 5 years...in other words, it didnt even inspire the artists who wrote the stuff to get their shit together.....

elite54

You spend a lot of time on a forum of a band you don't like. That's what I'm trying to figure out.

closertothelung

Music has different meaning to each individual, which I thought was common knowledge, but apparently not. It doesn't have to be lyrical content, it could just be an overall tone or atmosphere. It doesn't even have to be that a person sees at as such a positive messages that makes them want to turn their life around--it could be that entirely bleak outlook that sets things into perspective. He may not even know himself exactly why it had such an impact on him--it just did, and no one but he is in a position to judge that.

Smog

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 23, 2013, 10:49 AM
UH OHHH... Vesanic's story on facebook:

For the little story, I'm not going to explain how, but I got to talk to Chino in a "private" space for a couple. I had the chance to tell him about my everlasting love for Pink Maggit since White Pony came out. I told him about everything I did for the Deftones community. Not to brag about it, but just to let him know that for so long, I had been faithfully devoted to the band and the community. I gave him my truest self and told him about how the album saved my life, in a physical way. Those who read my winning story on the sharinglungs contest know. I shared with him a very sincere aspect of my life. Straight up to my face, he said they would play it. He did.

Eventually, the first Paris show was the most terrible Deftones show I've ever been to. The setlist was lame, Chino's voice was in dust and he skipped or changed many, many parts. The setlist was lame as shit, they skipped Nosebleed, and they didn't even include Rivière. Most people didn't even know Dai The Flu.

Long story short, Chino lied to me, and it's not the first time. I would never ask an artist to listen to everything their fans tell him. But I'd have him telling me he doesn't want to play it rather than telling me he will just to get rid of an annoying fan.

Chino Moreno has changed as an artist. His onstage act is not the same anymore, the fans aren't the same anymore, everything's changed. Tonight will be my last Deftones show. If people disagree, see me as an annoying, unfaithful fan, I don't give a shit. Chino wasted one of his most devoted fans, and he doesn't even give a fuck.

I won't be as "extreme" as V. on this one but i'm a french fan from adrenaline (album and tour), i was at le trianon last night and i agree with V. on some facts: they skipped Engine !!!! Wtf !!!!
Just watch the bloody cape video (the one from Carson show in particular) and the one from Paris last night... Chino is not "the" Chino we knew in the late 90's until 2003 era, he lost his voice, and as a fan of the band, he has all my respect to still come and sing the best he can, and the band is still a huge and strong band!
Who are we to want something from a band? They give us their music: if you like it, ok, great. But if you don't anymore, just listen to something else or still listen to the same album you liked, but don't ask a band to be the same old band you liked 10 years ago.
Music is an art, it evolves, so do we, as human beings. I'm kind of frustrated because i didn't feel the energy of "the" deftones i was a fan of 10 years ago. But i can't blame them for that and again, they have all my respect to still be there!!! Long life to deftones, whatever they decide to do next!

play

I just dont like how he thinks they owe him something.
Chino would get so many people coming up to him telling him their stories and experiences with their music.
Im sure he was cool and respectful to ves when he told them his story.
But to expect them to definitley slip in a 7 minute song that they have not played for years, to a set that's been rehearsed, with organised changeovers, mix levels, lighting cues that have been thought out is ignorant.

And fuck the people that are saying, its so bad that he lied about saying they would play it.
He probably asked the band and they said they can't do it or he rightfully decided he didn't feel like playing it. And of course Chino isn't going to run around the venue looking for ves to tell him 'oh sorry man, we can't play it, i feel so bad :('.

HARDEN THE FUCK UP.

kurtone

Doesn't be talk a lot of shit about where the band (especially Chino) are at musically now? Wonder if he told them about how much trash he talks on the board. I'm not trying to attack ves in any way and I appreciate everything he'd done for sharing lungs, but just curious...

cesar421

closertothelung

Quote from: play on Feb 23, 2013, 10:06 PM
Chino would get so many people coming up to him telling him their stories and experiences with their music.
But to expect them to definitley slip in a 7 minute song that they have not played for years, to a set that's been rehearsed, with organised changeovers, mix levels, lighting cues that have been thought out is ignorant.

And fuck the people that are saying, its so bad that he lied about saying they would play it.
He probably asked the band and they said they can't do it or he rightfully decided he didn't feel like playing it. And of course Chino isn't going to run around the venue looking for ves to tell him 'oh sorry man, we can't play it, i feel so bad :('.

HARDEN THE FUCK UP.

You're kidding me, right?

Correct, the band owes him nothing, and he is entirely aware of this. Trust me, he did not expect them to "definitely" play this song. Remember Amsterdam, when he and others got them to play Combat and The Boy's Republic? On this day, they discussed many rarities, and Pink Maggit was one of these. On this day, Chino shot him down, which was fine. This time, Ves was given false hope. What was the point in Chino saying that they would definitely play the song to him if there was a doubt? That is the issue here.

As for suggesting that Ves has twisted their words, there would be no point in doing this. He has nothing to gain from it, except assholes such as yourself getting on his ass about being disappointed by a band that was his favourite for years. And that's hardly something anyone would intentionally wish to add to their roster of nuisances.

Now, I suggest you shut the fuck up, sweetheart.

closertothelung

Quote from: cesar421 on Feb 23, 2013, 10:18 PM
According to setlist.fm they played Rickets.

Shit, good on them for changing it up tonight. At last.

I wonder what that unknown was? If it was anything, I mean.

DeftonesNZ

I hate how Chino is being vilified here he took the time out of his busy schedule to listen to V he had every right to tell him to fuck right off like alot of other famous singers would maybe he felt like he couldn't say no after hearing his story or maybe he actually did intend to play it but couldn't either way he still doesn't to be shit talked like this, V has done alot for the community but I bet everyone who meets Chino says they're the biggest fan, I personally would just be stoked to have a private chat with the guys I wouldn't ask anything more of them.

Vesanic

Bullshit.

2013-02-23 - Le Trianon, Paris, France

Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
Lotion
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Lhabia
Minerva
Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
You've Seen The Butcher
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Tempest
Poltergeist
Entombed
Swerve City
Rivière
Change (In the House of Flies)
Engine No. 9
7 Words [Initially Nosebleed]

Encore

Nosebleed
Root [Initially 7 Words]

Stef also played the riff of Bored and Lifter during the encore, don't really know why.

Oh, and he told me the only reason they weren't playing Pink Maggit is he "can't get the tone right".

luisch

Quote from: Smog on Feb 23, 2013, 09:54 PM
Long life to deftones, whatever they decide to do next!

Amen!

According to setlist.fm they played Minerva, You've Seen the Butcher, Leathers and Digital Bath..
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Vesanic

HARDEN THE FUCK UP.

Never said the band owed me anything, neither do I think so. I just wanted Chino to be true. If he didn't want to play it and had said right to my face "Man, I don't wanna play it", it would have been just fine.

Just wanna say the second Paris show was off the hook. Loved it.

nineteen

Quote from: Vesanic on Feb 23, 2013, 10:50 PM

Bullshit.

Lotion
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Lhabia
Minerva
Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
You've Seen The Butcher
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Tempest
Poltergeist
Entombed
Swerve City
Rivière
Engine No. 9

Encore

Nosebleed
Root [Initially 7 Words]

Stef also played the riff of Bored and Lifter during the encore, don't really know why.

Oh, and he told me the only reason they weren't playing Pink Maggit is he "can't get the tone right".

That's actually a good setlist. Good to see Minerva and Lhabia in there.

play

Quote from: closertothelung on Feb 23, 2013, 10:27 PM

HARDEN THE FUCK UP.

You're kidding me, right?

Correct, the band owes him nothing, and he is entirely aware of this. Trust me, he did not expect them to "definitely" play this song. Remember Amsterdam, when he and others got them to play Combat and The Boy's Republic? On this day, they discussed many rarities, and Pink Maggit was one of these. On this day, Chino shot him down, which was fine. This time, Ves was given false hope. What was the point in Chino saying that they would definitely play the song to him if there was a doubt? That is the issue here.

As for suggesting that Ves has twisted their words, there would be no point in doing this. He has nothing to gain from it, except assholes such as yourself getting on his ass about being disappointed by a band that was his favourite for years. And that's hardly something anyone would intentionally wish to add to their roster of nuisances.

Now, I suggest you shut the fuck up, sweetheart.
Your right. How dare Chino give Ves false hope. It's not acceptable at all. He should of told V the truth. I can't believe it.

nicklav

Quote from: Vesanic on Feb 23, 2013, 10:50 PM

Bullshit.

Lotion
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Lhabia
Minerva
Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
You've Seen The Butcher
Feiticeira
Digital Bath
Tempest
Poltergeist
Entombed
Swerve City
Rivière
Engine No. 9

Encore

Nosebleed
Root [Initially 7 Words]

You spoke with them again? What happened?

Vesanic

Won't get any more beef going on. The worst Deftones fan ever is now leaving you all alone.

Thanks to all the people here I had a great time with. As for the others, be safe and have a good time here too. Y'all are Deftones fans and y'all deserve to be treated in a cool way as long as you respect the others' opinions, no matter how strongly you agree/disagree wth them. Remember that.

Much love.