Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheShade1989

Quote from: closertothelung on Feb 23, 2013, 03:03 PM
Don't know if Sly or anyone mentioned this yet, but Romain got to talk to Stef today, and he said that they wouldn't be playing it because he "couldn't get the right tone". Which is fair enough. I'm just glad that a straight answer has been given, rather than more false hope.

I do hope they change up the set in some way tonight, and not just for his sake.

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Feb 23, 2013, 02:38 PM
They're not music-making machines, they have feelings and thoughts and opinions, they dont stay in the same place.

I think that's the point, though--they're acting like machines, in a sense. They're simply going through the motions, playing the same robotic set, their music and antics becoming more "formulaic" than ever, and so on. I know that I don't see any spontaneity, or even simply emotion in what they do anymore, and haven't seen that in a few years.

That's not what I meant by machines though. People want them to stay as they were a while back, all dark and fucked up on drugs to add to the awesome atmosphere, different setlists all the time, etc. Yeah, you'd want the setlists switched up and whatnot, but things have changed. I get what you mean saying it's like going through the motions, but I dont see it that way because they seem happy doing it. It's a case of accepting it and not getting pissed off that they've changed as humans and as musicians. It happens. It sucks, but that's life, and I think it's stupid to get so pissed off about it. Like...they've been playing repetitive setlists for a few yrs now, but Vesanic decided to spend his money and time to go see them, knowing that it'll most likely be the same 'lame' setlist, and then gets annoyed and gives up on them because the likely outcome is what's happened. Just seems stupid to me, things are the way they are. Noone has to like it, but no point getting mad at something you knew was gonna probably happen. Things have been this way for a good while now, it shouldnt be a surprise.

BillyNo.9

I guess all I can say is it sucks that I wasn't around during the peak of their career, been able to see them in the ATF - ST days when Chi was still screaming like a motherfucker.  Although I got into the band after Saturday night wrist was even released, I can see that it's a whole different version of deftones. Still my favourite band, but no thanks to the last 2 albums. I'm living in the past I was never apart of with this band.

sooniletugo

That setlist's awesome, thats the kind of thing we wanna see, shaking things up. And what's that, they didn't close with 7 Words? :D Hope Ves will look past this and come back soon. His words with the band has obviously had some effect here.

Danny Keyes

that's what happens when you play god... reality slaps you in the face.

pony_01

I have a solution for people that getting bored from the setlist.
STOP WATCHING DEFTONES LIVE ON YOUTUBE. you watch them every gig every night thats why you getting bored with them.
for god sake, a setlist was made because they want it to be that way, they want to played it, thats not your band, thats chino's stepehen's abe's delgado's chi's and sergio's band, they gonna played everything they WANT to play.

DONT YOU ALL GUYS JUST DANCE TO ANY DEFTONES SONG? damn

just sayin, a concert is not about to satisfied one biggest fan ever, but to satisfied every fan that attend to the concert. enjoy the fucking setlist, if you want to hear your favorite song, play the mp3s.

one more, just my opinion, maybe setlist was too monotone, they played same setlist everynight, just because they dont think that a fan who attend to their gig wont attend to the next one. why? because the band knows they already made them satisfied. thats just my opinion. AND playing the same setlist over and over again helping the band to perfecting their performance. I never heard deftones played live so clean before DE era, which is a good thing. just give this band a little room, they want to be better for us.

Northcal

Deftones please put the weed down. Start doin coke and crystal and play diff stuff and make a angry album.lol :-X

nineteen

I just don't understand the reason for quitting the board. Yeah it's a royal pain in the arse at times but it's only a forum.

Penicks

Quote from: Vesanic on Feb 23, 2013, 11:29 PM
Won't get any more beef going on. The worst Deftones fan ever is now leaving you all alone.

Thanks to all the people here I had a great time with. As for the others, be safe and have a good time here too. Y'all are Deftones fans and y'all deserve to be treated in a cool way as long as you respect the others' opinions, no matter how strongly you agree/disagree wth them. Remember that.

Much love.

okay so what if they play in belgium and chino comes up to you and says "yo v we'll play pink maggit dawg but only if you're still an active member in the deftones community"

then what, huh

you deleted your account man

game over man

game over

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

laurapalmer

Crazily childish response to not getting your way

TheShade1989

Quote from: pony_01 on Feb 24, 2013, 07:13 AM
I have a solution for people that getting bored from the setlist.
STOP WATCHING DEFTONES LIVE ON YOUTUBE. you watch them every gig every night thats why you getting bored with them.
for god sake, a setlist was made because they want it to be that way, they want to played it, thats not your band, thats chino's stepehen's abe's delgado's chi's and sergio's band, they gonna played everything they WANT to play.

DONT YOU ALL GUYS JUST DANCE TO ANY DEFTONES SONG? damn

just sayin, a concert is not about to satisfied one biggest fan ever, but to satisfied every fan that attend to the concert. enjoy the fucking setlist, if you want to hear your favorite song, play the mp3s.

one more, just my opinion, maybe setlist was too monotone, they played same setlist everynight, just because they dont think that a fan who attend to their gig wont attend to the next one. why? because the band knows they already made them satisfied. thats just my opinion. AND playing the same setlist over and over again helping the band to perfecting their performance. I never heard deftones played live so clean before DE era, which is a good thing. just give this band a little room, they want to be better for us.

I know lol ppl are watching videos day after day and wen it's their turn to see them, surprise, there are no surprises. Then again, I think it's also a case of how many times ppl see them. If it's your first, second, third time seeing them, it's no big deal, you'll enjoy yourself no matter what they do or dont play. If it's your 10th or 20th time and only a few songs are different, you'll probably be pissed off and bored. But everyone here reads the setlists and everyone here KNOWS their setlists have stayed the same for a good while now, so you can hate it if you want, but dont go to a show knowing the setlist will suck to you, and then be pissed off about it. That just doesnt make sense.

arsenalfc

Wow this has been quite some leg of a tour so far for this Deftones community.

I remember meeting Vesanic the for the first time in Antwerp, 2010. We had a blast and the setlist was so different to any other show that we were just flabbergasted by nearly any tune they pulled off. Opening with Royal, playing Needles & Pins, Lotion, Headup, it was such a good show. Afterwards, I got to meet Chino and he asked me what songs I'd like to hear the day after in Tilburg, Netherlands.

Obviously I went for WGTB and after my friend suggested Dai the Flu I got to make another one. I mentioned Elite as I tend to like Chino on his top of his lungs. He 'promised' us to play those songs and the day after my friend and I were all day wondering whether Chino would keep his word. Eventually, he did.

Then the next show was Amsterdam, where Ves got to meet up with Chino and miraculously got to play them 2 songs they hadn't played like ever. Maybe they were a bit out of form (read: smoking?) but the show kicked ass and was again a night to remember. Chino even asked Ves during the show whether it was ok to play a song from White Pony (before Elite).

I met Ves a few times now and I know he's a cool kid. I just hope he'll take the happenings of the last few days lightly and will continue making his effort of providing the fans with the Deftones input they're looking for. He seems to be on top of things, having a good taste (imho) and a dude we want to keep in this community.

If not, I respect your choice and I thank you for all your previous efforts.

Cheers

wheresmysnare

I think it was cool for Ves to tell chino about his bootlegging and stuff... but ending the conversation by asking for a song (and an extremely rare song) kind of devalues the sincerity of the entire conversation.

Added to this, Chino and the deftones are not a 'fan mail' PR savvy band, Chino has a monstrous ego and doesn't like the opinions of sharing lungs members.

As for the crowd, well the crowd has grown up a lot, WP was over 10 years ago, most of the fan base has had their youthful craziness crushed by the weight of the world. Regardless it's always a great time at a Deftones gig, just drink more and concentrate on having fun with out an agenda or expectation.

Longstem

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Feb 24, 2013, 04:33 PM

As for the crowd, well the crowd has grown up a lot, WP was over 10 years ago, most of the fan base has had their youthful craziness crushed by the weight of the world. Regardless it's always a great time at a Deftones gig, just drink more and concentrate on having fun with out an agenda or expectation.

Thats exactly what Im gonna do in Berlin. Thanks for the advice

slyartwork

My god what a drama about Vesanic's decision. It's a shame to see him go though.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

from_musings

looks like vesanic caught some hubris after he won the vinyl box set with that pink maggit sob story. like "let's see what more things this brilliant piece of work can do for me in life.change artists set lists, why not?". probably have sent it as a screen play to different film studios too

Danny Keyes

i really respect ves for all he's done for the community but i gotta say im extremely disappointed by his very childish reaction, i mean come on man? do you really thought you had such "power" to make them change their playlist over night? even if it was one song it seemed a little far fetched in my opinion but yeah what's next? a you tube vid downgrading chino and his treatment of his "most loyal" fan even though he's been criticizing the man for the past 2 albums.. i understand your frustration but you didn't have to go all kindergarten on us just for that.

slyartwork

Okay.. PEOPLE STOP.

THIS IS THE DEFTONES LIVE GUIDE....

If you wanna go talk about Ves decision and your personal opions on it, go to the CHIT CHAT thread.....
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Diplo

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 24, 2013, 05:50 PM
My god what a drama about Vesanic's decision. It's a shame to see him go though.

Yes, it's very sad, I follow him for several years and it became an habit to regularly look at his the chanel and see a fucking deftones show thanks to him. I really don't understand why it stopped everything just as suddenly but he have his own reason, it's like the end of a big good thing, a tv series you know ?

I hope he comes back someday but I see him in Paris yesterday and I don't know if he is always like this but he looks like sad, only in front of show he looks like happy so why leave all ?

Back to the topic, the 23-02 show was truly amazing, I've seen the deftones we see in old video.
The performance is a must see, especially 7words with stagediving and the Chino's attack on the amplifier.
The four first songs destroy everything and surprise a lot compared to the "general setlist", I'm not sur but the "Feel sick god" part contains fucking good screams if I remember good.
Hope the next shows will be like this.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 24, 2013, 07:35 PM
Okay.. PEOPLE STOP.

THIS IS THE DEFTONES LIVE GUIDE....

If you wanna go talk about Ves decision and your personal opions on it, go to the CHIT CHAT thread.....

come on man nothing ever happens here, this is front page material