Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurtone

Is this their big summer tour? If so I didn't realize it started already, I was thinking it was in August. Maybe the set is shorter due to them playing amphitheaters? Playing bigger places seems to be a more casual crowd, but I'm not going to hold my breath that even on a proper headline they play a lot of new stuff. Seriously, if you go to these summer shows and you're close enough to the band to hear you, fucking heckle them about the setlist.

E-Money

It's pathetic to go out on a headlining gig and only play 2 tracks from your new record. Diamond Eyes and Rocket skates arent that good. They really don't ever need to be played again.. 😑

sooniletugo

I love DE and Rocket Skates haha. But I would replace Rosemary with H/W, and ditch Swerve City, Prince and Butcher in favour of new songs.

vinsanity

The setlist in Setlist.FM it says they played What Happened to You?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2016/minglewood-hall-memphis-tn-3f16d73.html

Not sure if serious or just mistaking for another song...
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

ANattyRat

I'm not going to believe that until I hear it. It'd make up for the lack of Gore for them to play a song they've never played before, and MX, but...a never-before-played song from KNY rather than their new album??? That'd be stupid.

darkomilicic

They used to love their fans but not anymore, playing 3 really rarely played songs on the 1st night of the headlining tour?? When I see them in August I'm gonna give a piece of my mind 🤘🏼🤘🏼

jaypayton

funny how Gore songs already have dropped off the set...guess they realized the album has been getting negative reactions from most fans....

ANattyRat

Quote from: jaypayton on May 11, 2016, 05:56 PM
funny how Gore songs already have dropped off the set...guess they realized the album has been getting negative reactions from most fans....

Doubt it. They barely played KNY either, and most casual fans love that album. You just like to insult literally everything.

LG95

Maybe they just did it to wind you up. Which, now that I think about it, I'm fully in favour of.
I could float here forever

nicklav

Quote from: LG95 on May 11, 2016, 06:07 PM
Maybe they just did it to wind you up. Which, now that I think about it, I'm fully in favour of.

^^^

sooniletugo

Amoeba and Kimmel gave me hope, seemed like a great beginning to the album tour. But now they actually play less new songs at their own concerts, and half assing them based on comparing the last two performances of P/T with how intense it was at Amoeba and Kimmel.

ANattyRat

Apparently they did play WHTY, I asked someone on Instagram who was there and they said they did. No videos though, that sucks for us. Still awesome. Less awesome that they're debuting a new song from an old album rather than the one they're touring on.

N0S3BLEED976

I doubt it. Haven't found anything yet. I did find a snippet from Prince, though, which they played in Carolina

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFOoCxKhc7h/?r=493025106

sooniletugo

Surprise surprise, chino didn't do any vocals on the screamed part lol.

They're only playing Prince cause he died and it's named for him.

Vesanic

Here's the YouTube page of the Memphis show. As usual, will add as footage pops up. I'm definitely keeping this thumbnail.

Minglewood Hall, Memphis, TN - May 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd8gRFEamc_qgnUP7dTl_t1szbxpJd7pa

77years

Very frustrating

I don't like to bash set lists, esp because I think (my theory) it's a Chino/Steph creative compromise, but for chrissakes Butcher and Diamond Eyes?

Is it really that hard to work in (to pick the obvious easy ones) LMIRL or Phantom Bride or even Gore?

Man... I wanted to hear some new shit, great record nearly everyone likes... I'll try & stay positive but I've defended their live set lists for a while and endured some shitty set choices (i.e. Incubus tour) since Gore was in the pipeline hoping for a newer approach... oh well

I'll still go

Inkblades

I know they have a deep back catalog, but only TWO songs from Gore? WTF?

You know what? Fuck this tour. Just cancel it so Chino can go work on Team Sleep. *shrugs*

Jorge

Deftones live at Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN, USA  (May 11, 2016)

Setlist

Intro (Hearts/Wires)
Rocket Skates
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
MX
Swerve City
Rosemary
Diamond Eyes
You've Seen the Butcher
Prince
Prayers/Triangles
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
Change (In the House of Flies)
What Happened to You?
Around the Fur
Rickets
Rubicon

Encore
Root
Engine No. 9

Not sure if this is accurate but not much different from the previous night.

ANattyRat

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFSvcO7yJne/?tagged=deftones

Towards the end of the clip you can see Chino, no guitar, and look, he did the screaming parts!

You know, I'm disappointed in the people going. They play WHTY for the first time ever and not even a clip??? They play MX, which they rarely play these days, and no-one's recorded the full song??? When they played Riviere, there were dozens of recordings. What happened to "It's 2016, everyone is recording everything and not enjoying the show!"? I want those people back. It's insane that we haven't even gotten any decent recordings.

Man, there's hardly any point in seeing this band anymore, I've basically lost faith. It'll be my fourth time seeing them and the setlist will have changed by probably five or so songs, which is stupid because there's an extra 11 songs that have been released since I last saw them. That's ridiculous.

Vesanic

It's not surprising to me WHTY wasn't taped yet. It's the last song of their previous record, which they didn't take the time to promote properly, and they never even played that song. Who would care and tape except this board's fans and people who've been personally enjoying the song?

It's almost like they did this on purpose so that almost no one would feel like taping. I'm very happy they included it, even though I don't like the song. It's unexpected. It's true.