Entomb (Dazzle)
Graphic Nature
Tempest
Gauze
Rosemary
Goon Squad
What Happened To You? (Flashback)

sing blue silver

Dazzle. Oh my. Entomb is a cool title and then they tack dazzle on there? Makes me think of a my little pony locked in a sarcophagus. Actually that's kinda badass. Still hate the dazzle part though. Tracklists always sound stupid until you hear them though. Shit needs context.

Hit:
Poltergeist (Roller Derby) though I prefer just Roller Derby
Leathers
Entomb (minus the Dazzle part)
Tempest
Gauze
Rosemary
Goon Squad
Flashback (minus the What Happened to You part)

Miss:
Romantic Dreams
Swerve City
(Dazzle)
Graphic Nature
What Happened to You?

I'm sure I'll change my mind as soon as I hear the album.

Balthazard

am really glad i didn't listen to any live tracks so far , because already knowing 4 songs off an album before it comes out , would take a lot of excitement out for me..but anyway leathers next tuesday :)

Rxx

"Many songs are over five minutes" - Yes Yes Yes!

closertothelung

Weak, weak song titles all around. But I'm rather excited at the prospect of hearing a studio track next week! I have pretty low expectations of them for this one, so maybe, just maybe I'll be somewhat satisfied. Impressed, even.

I really hope Tempest isn't Trempest--or even a reworked version of it.

deftjess

Quote from: closertothelung on Sep 13, 2012, 11:24 PM

cause you heard tempest before?

fuzzylogics

Seems like the same type of structure as DE, heavier songs out front, lighter soundscapes bringing up the rear.

fuzzylogics

Quote from: deftjess on Sep 13, 2012, 11:26 PM
Quote from: closertothelung on Sep 13, 2012, 11:24 PM

cause you heard tempest before?

Yeah not sure where you're going with this. YSTB was a rehashed title as well.

closertothelung

No, clearly. I just think that the Eros material should be left alone. It was recorded when they were at a different place in their lives; on top of that, Chino sounds different with every record. Take, for example, live performances of Adrenaline material. Chino can't pull off such vocals anymore, and the songs have, in my opinion, lost their intensity as he's unable to truly connect with them as he could when he wrote them.

I'm not saying that, if it were to be put on this album, I'd hate it just because I've expressed such an opinion before hearing. I highly doubt it will be Trempest anyway, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see (and hope that an interviewer asks about it, if they're educated enough).

And yes, I know it's just a title. All I'm doing is commenting on the speculation of others.

lostpilot

in my eyes Romantic Dreams could be something like WGTB.
Raw unleashed energy while the gives a different context.

I am actually kind of stimulated to hear this album fully.
And I do hope to find something as dark and tech-y as Lucky You. But no Pink Cellphone, obviously

x Rx King x

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 13, 2012, 11:17 PM
Quote from: luisch on Sep 13, 2012, 10:47 PM
official tracklist

Poltergeist (Roller Derby)
Romantic Dreams
Leathers
Swerve City
Entomb (Dazzle)
Graphic Nature
Tempest
Gauze
Rosemary
Goon Squad

Problem? Ok, I'll admit, some of the titles are a little out there compared to previous work (What Happened To You, Dazzle...) BUT this does not hinder my excitement for this album. In all honesty, I'm expecting this to surpass at LEAST SNW and DE, especially after reading the article. Boo ya!

laurapalmer

from theprp.com

"the bands camp is stating the tracklisting is not entirely correct"

fuzzylogics

Quote from: laurapalmer on Sep 13, 2012, 11:47 PM
from theprp.com

"the bands camp is stating the tracklisting is not entirely correct"

Kind of happy to hear that..

Inkblades

White Wrist

Goon squad - horrible

what happened to you? - it´s not a deftones track name.

poltergeist, gauze and graphic nature are cool.

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 13, 2012, 11:17 PM
Quote from: luisch on Sep 13, 2012, 10:47 PM
official tracklist

Poltergeist (Roller Derby)
Romantic Dreams
Leathers
Swerve City
Entomb (Dazzle)
Graphic Nature
Tempest
Gauze
Rosemary
Goon Squad

lmao

TheShade1989

"What Happened To You?"? That sounds like the title of an RnB song. You know, where the title is the most uncreative shit in existence. Anyways, rest of it sounds kwl. To be honest, I never have expectations with Deftones' song titles because...well, you should all know why. Often very random and odd. I'm so glad many of them are over five minutes though, that seems to add support to the theory that they've headed in a more experimental direction. Oh, and also, two new songs coming up soon. Yessss. My excitement is now off the scale. I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY. Seriously though, it's fun to kinda guess what the song will be like, lyrically or musically, wen you only have the song title to go on. You can never quite predict it.

shoop

The Offspring's What Happened To You? is a decent track I think. And dammmmit, I was hoping for Rosemary.