Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RollerDerby

Quote from: sir madrid on Sep 14, 2012, 03:44 AM
It doesn't matter what the names of the songs are, There going to marinate in your head anyways.

Exactly. We'll be happy with whatever we get. Personally wouldn't mind getting Roller Derby as the first single. But then again, it would be pretty awesome if we got something completely different.
"Carve your niche."

cesar421

I feel like Flashback is gonna have a pink maggit vibe or it could be one of their most experimental songs to date.

laurapalmer

Its nice for me to have no real expectations about what it might sound like besides hearing rough recordings of Rosemary (which I loved) and Roller Derby (which I was indifferent about).

Millennia

Quote from: laurapalmer on Sep 14, 2012, 04:36 AM
Its nice for me to have no real expectations about what it might sound like besides hearing rough recordings of Rosemary (which I loved) and Roller Derby (which I was indifferent about).
im happy for you :)

Bza々

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Sep 14, 2012, 03:37 AM

Also, Gauze is such an odd name for a song that it's intrigued the hell outta me.

Not really. If you know what a gauze is and you look at it from a metaphorical perspective it's pretty fucking brilliant.

laurapalmer

Quote from: Millennia on Sep 14, 2012, 04:38 AM
Quote from: laurapalmer on Sep 14, 2012, 04:36 AM
im happy for you :)

Thanks. You should be

Millennia

Quote from: Bza々 on Sep 14, 2012, 04:41 AM
Quote from: TheShade1989 on Sep 14, 2012, 03:37 AM

Also, Gauze is such an odd name for a song that it's intrigued the hell outta me.

Not really. If you know what a gauze is and you look at it from a metaphorical perspective it's pretty fucking brilliant.
chino also listens to the electronic band muslimgauze

ImAroundTheFur

did anyone happen to save the antiquiet article before they took it down? i'd like to read it.

Inkblades

No, but here's the article in a nutshell: The album is fantastic, most of the songs are over five minutes long and feature tempo changes, Romantic Dreams is a "monster", Leathers will be released Tuesday and Tempest will be released October 9th.

nineteen

If they are the track titles, I'm not sure how they fit in with Koi No Yokan.

Roller Derby would be a great snappy album opener.

I like most of the track titles however. Something different for Deftones.

ImAroundTheFur

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 14, 2012, 05:58 AM
No, but here's the article in a nutshell: The album is fantastic, most of the songs are over five minutes long and feature tempo changes, Romantic Dreams is a "monster", Leathers will be released Tuesday and Tempest will be released October 9th.

well alrighty then... thanks!

bewareofrats

I love Leathers as a title.  It's that much better because it's not Leather, but Leathers.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

rock_n_frost

Quote from: shine down unshy on Sep 14, 2012, 12:50 AM
Everyone needs to shut the fuck up about Eros.  It's not going to be released -- ever.  Accept it and move on with your life.
Yeah, just like ''A film about Deftones''
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

BillyNo.9

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Sep 14, 2012, 03:43 AM
Quote from: luisch on Sep 14, 2012, 03:37 AM

Abe looks goofy as shit here and not even like himself lol. Like a pirate or Captain Hook or something.

I hope they tour with Animals as Leaders.

dictatesofreason

id rather have eros than this shit, these tracks sound totally un-deftonic...

Vesanic

M1GHTY M4VS

Far away

Caín

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Sep 14, 2012, 11:06 AM
id rather have eros than this shit, these tracks sound totally un-deftonic...

Oh my.