Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicklav

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 14, 2012, 05:20 PM
wat ur jus a t2ol if dey wan chang producer let dem do not ur bizness bsides DE better dan any odur recurd fuk u

lol

RollerDerby

Quote from: iceache on Sep 14, 2012, 05:51 PM
Quote from: deftoner664 on Sep 14, 2012, 05:45 PM
ALSO! what is the deal with the leaked tracklist having only 11 songs?! I thought we were suppose to be getting 13 original songs. So I guess the cover songs they are going to do will account for the 13 tracks... Kinda cheap... Hate to bitch, because I'm very excited for new material but I was looking forward to a lengthy album.

2 b-sides + covers.

Three covers were recorded. Not sure about those b-sides. Do you have a source?
"Carve your niche."

RollerDerby

KOI NO YOKAN TRACK LISTING

1. TUNA PHISHING
2. FRENCH FRIED P.O. TATERS
3. SOUNDS LIKE (INSERT PREVIOUSLY RECORDED SONG TITLE)
4. WHEN GIRLS TELEPHONE ABORTIONISTS
5. COTTAGE CHI'S
6. STEPHS GOT HIS GROOVE BACK
7. CRACKER JACK
8. MAYONNAISE SALAD
9. DICKLESS CHAPS
10. AROUND THE DERRR
11. BEST IN TEXAS
12. WIFE BEATER
13. PICKLES AND THEIR USE IN THE BEDROOM (LOVE AFFAIR)
"Carve your niche."

Shadow46/2

Quote from: Teknoman on Sep 14, 2012, 05:46 PM
Quote from: rock_n_frost on Sep 14, 2012, 04:52 PM
how does it effect?
i mean, cant a 8-string guitar  do what 6-string does?

Well, yes and no, in theory you can play any 6 strings guitar song on a 8-strings guitar but in the practice is not entirely true.

Stef used drop tunings for white pony and when you play with the lower string dropped you can play "5th chords" (or power chords) with your index finger alone and you can use the rest of your fingers to play higher strings and add more "depth" to the chord, Change, Digital Bath and Knife Party are good examples of this. Its almost impossible to play those songs on a guitar with standard tuning... unless you have abnormally long fingers.

And yet he continues to play those old songs just as well in concert on his 8-string.. I don't see how it makes a difference, it really just depends on tone.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

nicklav

Writing on 8-strings as opposed to 6 is what I was getting at. It changes your mentality and how you approach songs. That's why I said they've left that particular sound behind after White Pony.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Teknoman on Sep 14, 2012, 05:46 PM
Quote from: rock_n_frost on Sep 14, 2012, 04:52 PM
how does it effect?
i mean, cant a 8-string guitar  do what 6-string does?

Well, yes and no, in theory you can play any 6 strings guitar song on a 8-strings guitar but in the practice is not entirely true.

Stef used drop tunings for white pony and when you play with the lower string dropped you can play "5th chords" (or power chords) with your index finger alone and you can use the rest of your fingers to play higher strings and add more "depth" to the chord, Change, Digital Bath and Knife Party are good examples of this. Its almost impossible to play those songs on a guitar with standard tuning... unless you have abnormally long fingers.
Now i see the point.
Thanks for the info
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

ZackND

I wouldn't mind if Tempest is from Eros. It would be cool to have insight into the album's sound. Imagine writing Eros , then having shelf it. There's probably a lot of material they're stoked about and can't to share.

RollerDerby

Aaron Harris posted on his website that he and Chino are in the studio this week recording vocals for the debut Palms album, so I would think it is safe to assume the rumors of a single next week are true.
"Carve your niche."

TheyCallMeP

The big news on the 21st should be the official tracklisting for KNY, a free release song, and that KNY is going to be a double album. The second disc being Eros... That way, the KNY rework of Eros theory would be badass to hear, sort of like a before and after.

RollerDerby

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Sep 14, 2012, 09:33 PM
The big news on the 21st should be the official tracklisting for KNY, a free release song, and that KNY is going to be a double album. The second disc being Eros... That way, the KNY rework of Eros theory would be badass to hear, sort of like a before and after.

Do opium dens still exist?
"Carve your niche."

mothraw

i really don`t think we get eros any time soon.not sure about that tempest stuff though.

but i hope this time they won`t  release just digital singles

TheyCallMeP

Ok, i was joking on the last post. But the way KNY is being described, the song title (Tempest/Trempest), and KNY/Eros album title themes its hard to think that some Eros material didn't make its way onto this album. And they recorded another album over a short period of time? What? Haha, they modified some of Eros and you know it.

RollerDerby

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Sep 14, 2012, 09:46 PM
Ok, i was joking on the last post. But the way KNY is being described, the song title (Tempest/Trempest), and album title themes its hard to think that some Eros material didn't leak its way onto this album. And they recorded another fast album? What? Haha, the modified some of Eros and you know it.

I don't know that. The titles are still tentative. Nothing is official as of yet except everyone's speculation. I am not ruling out the possibility of it being Eros material, just saying that unless you hear it from the men themselves, don't buy into it.
"Carve your niche."

RollerDerby

Eros is shelved for a reason, people just keep forgetting that reason. Just because the fans are dying to hear it, I don't believe they would do that to Chi.
"Carve your niche."

mothraw

Quote from: RollerDerby on Sep 14, 2012, 09:52 PM
Eros is shelved for a reason, people just keep forgetting that reason. Just because the fans are dying to hear it, I don't believe they would do that to Chi.

dto.

RollerDerby

I personally hope it's not Eros material (tempest) simply because when Eros does get released I expect it to be all new material (even if it's several years old).
"Carve your niche."

cvthedrv

Anyone thinks in what song of Elvis and Earth Wind & Fire could be covered by deftones?

BillyNo.9

mothraw

yo billy!ya frikking me aut!i like the pudelass but the shitcherry on top makes me wanna drink!cheers

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone