Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Best Koi No Yokan Songs - Poll

Started by beaverwithfishyshoes, Nov 10, 2012, 12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jciraheta

i vote rosemary, romantic drean and graphic nature , ...but leather and enombed and potegeist are amazing too

pony_01

i voted for poltergest, gauze, and goon squad

quietcolor

today it's entombed, goon squad + rosemary.

graphic nature is fast becoming a favorite.
it's so simple to look at every little thing i do wrong. it's so simple to overlook every little thing i do right.

wheresmysnare

ominousnimbus

1. Rosemary
2. Poltergeist
3. Entombed

most overrated so far: Gauze

gui

Quote from: ominousnimbus on Nov 11, 2012, 07:15 PM
most overrated so far: Gauze
Who asked you? not the topic

I voted Gauze Rosemary, What happened to you?

TheyCallMeP

Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Nov 11, 2012, 04:03 PM
Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Nov 11, 2012, 03:43 PM
Kinda already said this on my last post on a different thread but:

Poltergeist, Rosemary, Romantic Dreams

Least: Swerve City

funny, Swerve City is prolly my favorite next to Poltergeist. The imagery in the lyrics, "floating through space" kind of verses and bridge. the song's very cinematic to me.

is it because it sounds like Mein a bit? the "Ohh's" in the chorus? The otherwise lame numetal riff it starts with is actually quite effective in this song i feel.

I was one of the few who didn't mind Mein. Swerve City had a cool sounding bridge and I liked the "she breaks her horses line" but the song ends before it begins for me. It just seems like there should be more. Chino's ohh's play a small role also but I like Romantic Dreams. I may just need to give the new style more time. Not a bad song, just stood out less than the others to me.

mothraw

romantic dreams
tempest
goon squad

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Nov 11, 2012, 07:48 PM
Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Nov 11, 2012, 04:03 PM
Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Nov 11, 2012, 03:43 PM
Kinda already said this on my last post on a different thread but:

Poltergeist, Rosemary, Romantic Dreams

Least: Swerve City

funny, Swerve City is prolly my favorite next to Poltergeist. The imagery in the lyrics, "floating through space" kind of verses and bridge. the song's very cinematic to me.

is it because it sounds like Mein a bit? the "Ohh's" in the chorus? The otherwise lame numetal riff it starts with is actually quite effective in this song i feel.

I was one of the few who didn't mind Mein. Swerve City had a cool sounding bridge and I liked the "she breaks her horses line" but the song ends before it begins for me. It just seems like there should be more. Chino's ohh's play a small role also but I like Romantic Dreams. I may just need to give the new style more time. Not a bad song, just stood out less than the others to me.

It's ok, just wanted someones opinion on it as it doesn't get much votes. I also never understood the hate towards Mein but thats another topic lol.

beaverwithfishyshoes

because i didnt put mine yet:

1. Poltergeist
2. Swerve City
3. Entombed

4th would be Gauze

bewareofrats

I went with Tempest, Rosemary and Romantic Dreams.  This will almost certainly change a lot though.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

DAFTPUNK87

What's up with all the no-love for Swerve City?

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

whipsy77

sooniletugo

I think it's down to the fact Leathers was the first song released and everyone played it out. The response to the song was mostly positive here, if I remember right, so I bet things would be different if it wasn't already out there months ago.

Anyway, my favourites are Swerve City, Rosemary and... i'll go with Poltergeist. All three songs are mindblowingly heavy in their own ways.

ominousnimbus

It's funny to note that, according to fans, neither choice for the first single (Leathers/Tempest) was a very strong song, relatively speaking. I'm sure listener fatigue is a factor, but then most of us also heard Rosemary a few weeks early and it's winning the poll, so that can't be the whole reason. Honestly, I agree that both are among the weakest cuts on KNY. Not sure how much it really affects sales for a band like Deftones that don't get much radio play (in this day and age), though.

durtysanch

The poll isnt displaying correctly for me and is jumbled so maybe someone can tell me what the top 3 are right now?

My vote goes to Poltergeist hands down as the best song. It's classic deftones kickassedness with heavy powerful riff much like MOS.
Rosemary is 2nd on my list and will go down in my opinion as one of the best all time songs among deftones fans.

3rd place on this album is goon squad for me but i do like entombed and WHTY.

Flowb

I'm going with the trio of 1. Gauze 2. Rosemary 3. Goon Squad
That's a damn strong bottom half of the album. Love the whole album.

thenoiboi

Quote from: NicholasHume on Nov 10, 2012, 06:23 PMIf Leathers wasn't released ahead of time, do you think that everyone would like it more? Personally I think it's a great track

i'm starting to think this. especally given that i loved the hell out of it when it first released and didn't even give it consideration when voting.

it'll be fun to come back to this in about 2 months.
we could be two straight lines in a crooked world.

alvarezbassist17

It could just be because I've given it so many more plays, but Tempest is still probably my favorite.  Also picked Poltergeist and Gauze.  I'm sure it'll change though.  I love all of the songs; also I totally agree that Swerve City should've been longer.  The longer-song format is definitely one of my favorite parts about the album.

White Wrist

Leathers, Tempest and Poltergeist.