Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Best Koi No Yokan Songs - Poll

Started by beaverwithfishyshoes, Nov 10, 2012, 12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slacker

im not shure to hate or to love the fact that the 2 most popular songs on the album, were the first one's they showed.

poltergeist didnt had to grow on me, cause it was instantaneous

though rosemary had so growing to do, it i loved the process.

WithoutMyJade

Goon Squad, Romantic Dreams and What Happened To You
Oz... if you come within 25 miles of my house, I will back a car over your head 75 times.

x Rx King x

Romantic Dreams, Gauze, and Rosemary

Although i was very tempted to click on Poltergeist and Goon Squad. Picking only 3 is tough...

from_musings

i'm careful to not overplay this record, just about 1 time a day now. gauze is a song i have to get back to and work myself into, i have some problems with the chorus. franks effects are good, a little portishead feel to them, and the outro is pure ear candy

Defrichtones

I have overplayed it already but Goon Squad i like  cuz of the intro feels like a close encounter.

xToxin

I voted for Rosemary.

Who else did? Say I

theis

defTHE1s

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Nov 12, 2012, 10:00 AM
It could just be because I've given it so many more plays, but Tempest is still probably my favorite.  Also picked Poltergeist and Gauze.  I'm sure it'll change though.  I love all of the songs; also I totally agree that Swerve City should've been longer.  The longer-song format is definitely one of my favorite parts about the album.
kinda dissapointed with the running time of some songs, since the band told most (if not all) songs were 5 minutes or longer, so, 2:45 for Serwe City? It's a good song and it really doesn't feel to be a short song though.. i like it but I picked up Poltergeist (fucking love that guitar (live/studio)), Rosemary, beatiful tones and several timings along the end and one of the best Deftones songs, and the 3rd one is Goon Squad. The transition between Rosemary and this one is sublime.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

defTHE1s

Quote from: Gee on Nov 13, 2012, 02:05 PM
Quote from: Alxn on Nov 13, 2012, 12:08 PM
you're crazy. rosemary definetly is one of them best songs of all time. the EXPLOOOOOOOODE part is so fucking awesome, and the heavier part in the end drives me crazy before the beautiful outro... than comes the intro of goon squad and heeeeeeeeeere we go to heavyness again.. its brillant!!!

Word.

WORD

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

FxStryker

I voted Rosemary, Gauze, and Graphic Nature.

However my favorite song changes every time a different song come son. This album is that good.

durtysanch

I wish i could revote after about 20 listens Graphic Nature is complete ownage as is WHTY. And Gauze.

beautyschool_elite

Swerve City!
Entombed!!
Gauze!!!

...along with Leathers (ya, ya, it's a single, sue me lol), WHTY, Rosemary, Poltergeist.
.hopelessly.devoted.

epistaxis

Gauze, Goon Squad and Graphic Nature. Poltergeist would be fourth.

Slacker

in order of preference, as of today (poll):

poltergeist
rosemary
gauze
goon squad
entombed/romantic dreams
graphic nature
whty?
tempest
leathers/swerve city

...interesting

Corleone

interesting that the one song steph writes is everyone favourite

Kings

Quote from: Corleone on Nov 17, 2012, 10:38 PM
Nah Abe wrote Poltergeist.

Slacker

Quote from: Corleone on Nov 17, 2012, 10:38 PM

in fact, is the song that we've had for the longest...although we were few the ones who loved it from the get go through the youtube bootlegs....

sooniletugo

Surprised how little votes Swerve City has, it stood out as a favourite of mine on my first listen onwards.

Slacker

Quote from: sooniletugo on Nov 18, 2012, 01:49 AM
Surprised how little votes Swerve City has, it stood out as a favourite of mine on my first listen onwards.

Yeah, i love it too. People is crazy.

Knucklestones

Entombed is my favorite right now. Either that or the intro to Goon Squad.