Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Best Koi No Yokan Songs - Poll

Started by beaverwithfishyshoes, Nov 10, 2012, 12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Romantic Dreams, Graphic Nature and Rosemary.

but could've easily been Tempest or Goon Squad as well. had to narrow it down to 3 though.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

xLhabiax

Romantic Dreams, Gauze, Entombed
We are ok in a misguided Sadist way

bewareofrats

Quote from: whipsy77 on Nov 12, 2012, 03:13 AM
Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 12, 2012, 01:19 AM
What's up with all the no-love for Swerve City?

And Leathers??
Leathers is definitely one of the best songs on here.  It is a beast and it has one of the best choruses on here.  Much better chorus than Diamond Eyes (the song).  I was thinking of including it in the three best songs but it slightly missed the mark.  But I'm thinking it may have been a better choice.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

beaverwithfishyshoes

the difference... to me Leathers still has a mediocre chorus. cant really compare it to DE; which is a dreamy song despite the thick guitars.

Tempest is actually a pretty good song I feel now, but as a single..? not sure.

the only thing on Poltergeist is the "let you pretend, love you to death" part doesn't return after the bridge, but that shouldve been the first single I think.

bewareofrats

I think DE (the song) has a similar sound with the chorus but Leathers isn't as commercial and I'm quite into it.  I love the chorus in Poltergeist.

Tempest is a really odd choice as a single.  It is possibly the most interesting song on the album and I love the metal edge I get in some of the riffs, especially in the last half.  Reminds me of Pantera and I like it a lot.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

illthrowROCKS@U

Top 3-

Poltergeist
Graphic Nature
Gauze

Bottom 3-

Romantic Dreams
Leathers
Rosemary

As for my top 3, Goon Squad could have been in there too.. but I went with those.

The verse riff for Gauze is one of their best since Rapture in my opinion, and I love love love love it!

As for my bottom 3, Romantic Dreams and Leathers were pretty easy picks for me...
I love the intro to Romantic Dreams, but the "I wish this night would never end" part is just SO lame to me 0.o
And Leathers, chorus sounds pretty bad in my opinion..
Rosemary was harder to decide, it would have been What Happened to You, but that seems to be growing on me.  Could be Tempest, since it's long and takes a while to build up, but Rosemary is even LONGER and I dunno.. 

None of my "bottom 3" are bad songs by any means, just the weakest on the album to me.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Alxn

you're crazy. rosemary definetly is one of them best songs of all time. the EXPLOOOOOOOODE part is so fucking awesome, and the heavier part in the end drives me crazy before the beautiful outro... than comes the intro of goon squad and heeeeeeeeeere we go to heavyness again.. its brillant!!!

Gee

Quote from: Alxn on Nov 13, 2012, 12:08 PM
you're crazy. rosemary definetly is one of them best songs of all time. the EXPLOOOOOOOODE part is so fucking awesome, and the heavier part in the end drives me crazy before the beautiful outro... than comes the intro of goon squad and heeeeeeeeeere we go to heavyness again.. its brillant!!!

Word.

Goon Squad, Leathers and Tempest are some other highlights. I have to say I really didn't like Entombed at first -too cheesy it seemed-. But it's growing. It sounds like a better version of Sextape, touching and, well, less cheesy after all.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

N0S3BLEED976

"Gauze" is pretty much a skipper for me right now. The chorus is great and all, but Steph's riff combined with Frank's samples is a mess. I don't know why, but those two combined give me a headache so far. Maybe I get used to it...

Dath

Entombed, Rosemary and Goon Squad after the first listen. Only voting since I can change it, it'll be interesting for me to see where I'm at about it after more listens as opposed to now.

DJR

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Nov 12, 2012, 11:22 PM

but the "I wish this night would never end" part is just SO lame to me

Whatever drugs your on must not be very good shit :P

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: bewareofrats on Nov 12, 2012, 10:48 PM
I think DE (the song) has a similar sound with the chorus but Leathers isn't as commercial and I'm quite into it.  I love the chorus in Poltergeist.

Tempest is a really odd choice as a single.  It is possibly the most interesting song on the album and I love the metal edge I get in some of the riffs, especially in the last half.  Reminds me of Pantera and I like it a lot.

its sounds like the chorus in Poltergeist, not a prechorus, but it doesnt return after the bridge.. instead the two different post-choruses combined return. kind of weird since its what makes the song i think.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: DJR on Nov 13, 2012, 08:05 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Nov 12, 2012, 11:22 PM

but the "I wish this night would never end" part is just SO lame to me

Whatever drugs your on must not be very good shit :P
Just listen to it man... it's awful.  It hurts to listen to it, and it ruins what would have been a perfectly good song otherwise.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

illthrowROCKS@U

Rosemary isn't a bad song, but it's definitely bottom 3 for me.

The only songs I have issue with on this entire CD are Romantic Dreams and Leathers pretty much... Other than that, they're all decent.  Nothing really spectacular in my mind (except Gauze, WOW!), but all still pretty good.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

seasick

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Nov 14, 2012, 12:36 AM

Rosemary isn't a bad song, but it's definitely bottom 3 for me.

The only songs I have issue with on this entire CD are Romantic Dreams and Leathers pretty much... Other than that, they're all decent.  Nothing really spectacular in my mind (except Gauze, WOW!), but all still pretty good.

lol your opinion is an exact reversal of mine. I selected both Rosemary and Romantic Dreams on the favorites poll, and I think the entire album is spectacular except for Gauze: at first I thought it was a bit derivative and kinda' meh, but it's really been growing on me.

E-Money

WHTY
Rosemary
Graphic Nature

Loving KNY.

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Nov 10, 2012, 12:41 PM
Poltergeist, Romantic Dreams and Gauze. Entombed woulda come fourth, but I wasnt allowed to pick a fourth.

Exactly my 3 minus Entombed as a 4th.

chuckles

flashback (refused to call it whty)
gauze
entombed
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Gee

I had issues with Graphic Nature at first, but now I'm getting a Prince-like vibe, which was to me one of the best on DE and a typical Deftones song -the voice, the riffs- so I'm really starting to like it.

Romantic Dreams is definitely not working for me. Shame it comes straight after Swerve City.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Elijah

I voted Romantic Dreams, Entombed, and What Happened To You?. Leathers and Tempest are also great.