Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Old Team Sleep review and interview

Started by Sugartolove, Jun 13, 2013, 11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugartolove

Found some old Team Sleep clippings. Apologies if they've been posted before. The review is ...less than favourable.  :)

Hank

Nice!

Thanks for posting . Never saw those myself. Sucks they got a bad show that night.

Sweet shirt Chino is rocking in the first pic.

and wow. Had to be awesome to attend that show at the Troubadour.

elite54

This is good shit. I never knew Steph joined in on guitar for a song, cool.

luisch

Quote from: elite54 on Jun 13, 2013, 11:43 PM
This is good shit. I never knew Steph joined in on guitar for a song, cool.

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Penicks

totally agree on the drums part in the review, god damned ruins the show

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Penicks on Jun 14, 2013, 09:14 AM
Yeah I love his drumming and on songs like Iceache he's really good but he does seem to go off on his own tangent and can ruin songs because it just becomes a big mess, his own stuff suffers from this a lot.

people are people

Like always, pretentious magazines, for pretentious people
that can not think outside the box, the typical faggot stereotype,
that think that they are humbles, but likes every nonsensical shit, the typical sheep.
Zach hill is a beast! Startling hand-foot combinations, endless stamina, and copious distortion
make his performance some of the most unnerving and refreshing in modern music.
Did you ever stop and think that "the idea of music has slipped through these individuals grasp" is the whole idea?
They're not playing to appease anyone. They're not playing to make something soulfull.
They're playing for the sake of saying "FUCK YOU" to all the pretentious music assholes (like you).

Just Kidding.

OnyxPanicProne

Quote from: Penicks on Jun 14, 2013, 09:14 AM
Yeah that's why I cant listen to any Team Sleep live stuff, his drumming pisses me off enough to where I cant stand to listen.

Penicks

Quote from: people are people on Jun 14, 2013, 06:40 PM
Like always, pretentious magazines, for pretentious people
that can not think outside the box, the typical faggot stereotype,
that think that they are humbles, but likes every nonsensical shit, the typical sheep.
Zach hill is a beast! Startling hand-foot combinations, endless stamina, and copious distortion
make his performance some of the most unnerving and refreshing in modern music.
Did you ever stop and think that "the idea of music has slipped through these individuals grasp" is the whole idea?
They're not playing to appease anyone. They're not playing to make something soulfull.
They're playing for the sake of saying "FUCK YOU" to all the pretentious music assholes (like you).

Just Kidding.

Gee

I'd really like to know what the Team Sleep guys are doing right now, especially Todd. He is really talented, his playing is rather simple but he really has a style of his own. And I can actually hear his influence on Chino's playing in the Deftones records post-Team Sleep's S/T.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Penicks

ignore the fashion

One thing I have personally liked about team sleep was zachs drumming style with how it sounds on CD vs. how it sounds live.