Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Team Sleep

luisch · 749 · 259802

Offline tarkil

• SL Stock Owner
  • Organ Donator
  • Screw you guys, I'm going home !
oh wow... Does anyone know why he needed that surgery ?

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Offline sharinglungs

• Ohms
oh wow... Does anyone know why he needed that surgery ?

from his instagram

I got an infection when they cut my umbilical cord right after I was born. The infection went into my blood and I almost died. They said that I might not walk because the infection affected the bone in my left leg. It also damaged my heart. Yesterday I had open heart surgery to repair my aortic valve and aorta. It was planned for a while. The doctors said that for basically my whole life my aortic valve has been leaking and the blood flow has been really inefficient. I think one of the doctors said that itís been pumping at about 70% of capacity. Itís hard to tell if this has been affecting me because I always think that if Iím tired or winded, I just need to try harder. Obviously Iím in pain and the recovery will be tough. They said that it will take 4-6 weeks before I can go back to work and about 3-5 months until I can be rigorously active, at which time I look forward to showing off my scar, surfing, and busting your ass at basketball if you step up.

Offline tarkil

• SL Stock Owner
  • Organ Donator
  • Screw you guys, I'm going home !
Wow... That sucks, poor guy...
Thanks for posting the details man

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Offline Vesanic

• DeftonesLive admin
  • Global Moderator
  • Ohms
  • Quick shout out to Christina Applegate
    • DeftonesLive YouTube channel

Offline I_Know_ok

• Error
He's doing better. Recovering. Send him some encouragement/ positive vibes on IG. He's on there quite frequently

@toddwilkinson

Offline Inkblades

• Ohms
  • I think you know the truth.
Glad to hear that. He seems to be home from the hospital.
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2020, 07:56 AM by Inkblades »

Offline I_Know_ok

• Error
Glad to hear that. He seems to be home from the hospital, so safe to say that he's recovering.

Yea, He even says he's walking and stuff. Really hard after any surgery, but I know it's a little more when it deals with the heart. Especially mentally I'd imagine. Dealt with some family members go through it.

Met him and Crook before a show in 2005. Cool dudes. Awesome show too.  Wish Todd a great recovery.

Offline Gamerjman19

• Error
  • Infamiliar, Unremorseful, That's The Way You Were.

Offline Inkblades

• Ohms
  • I think you know the truth.
Gamer, I was meaning to ask you, are you just a Team Sleep fan? Never see you over in the Deftones part of the board.