Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The +/- thread!

Started by raynor, Jun 22, 2004, 10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black coffee

^ out of curiosity, what exactly is good about having a weapon?

In my country people were shocked when that Trayvon Martin kid got shot for no reason and the guy who did it said he was threatened and had to defend himself ( though he was the one with the gun )...
had this happened where I live, the guy would get 25 years in jail, followed by preventive detention so he can never do that again in this life.

For me its absurd to have a gun at home so I can welcome a housebreaker with a nice shot in the face... and I feel sorry for anyone who feels like this, cause that is just sick.

Penicks

devilinside

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 23, 2012, 11:19 AM

In my country people were shocked when that Trayvon Martin kid got shot for no reason and the guy who did it said he was threatened and had to defend himself ( though he was the one with the gun )...
had this happened where I live, the guy would get 25 years in jail, followed by preventive detention so he can never do that again in this life.

For me its absurd to have a gun at home so I can welcome a housebreaker with a nice shot in the face... and I feel sorry for anyone who feels like this, cause that is just sick.

You obviously don't have children,do you? As a mother I will do whatever I feel necessary to protect my children,and if some idiot thinks it's a good idea to break into my house and hurt/rape me or my 8 year old daughter then they are in for a rude awakening. You make the stupid choice to enter a residence that is not yours,then the chances of your life ending increase. Use your brain,dont come into my house uninvited,and no harm will be done. point blank. People breaking into someone's house don't have the best intentions,and I'll be damned if I sit by and let it happen. Should I just allow someone to come into my house and harm my children and myself? Should I rely on the police to catch the person (often times the suspect gets away only to return to finish the job)that's done harm to us,only to waste tax payer money on a trial and prison time,and for them to get out a few months/years later only to turn around and do the same thing? Fuck no. You are more than welcome to your opinion,but I choose to posses a gun.

And as for the Tryavon case,that whole thing annoys the shit out of me. Zimmerman was on neighborhood watch,obviously they had a problem or they wouldn't have needed neighborhood watch. This person was creeping around in a neighborhood that he didn't reside in,and when called out,chose to act violently,and resulting in him getting killed. I'm sorry,but if someone came at me,in my mind you have to consider everyone armed,weather it be a gun,knife...whatever,so how do I not know this person is not trying to kill me? Am I gonna just let them bash my brains in? I'm sorry,I'm all for peace but I do not believe someone should just sit there with the possibility of being murdered. I don't give a shit about race or age,if you try to hurt me,I can guarantee I will hurt you right back. I agree it's absurd we have to go to such lengths to protect ourselves,but it's easy to say you wouldn't do something until you are put in the situation.  :)

bright lights, big city

If we don't have our guns, the King of England could walk right in here and start pushing you around. Do you want that?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

LOL....smart ass!!!

Penicks

okay so devilinside

what if there's a burglar in your house

he's unarmed

he's poor

he needs money deperately

he doesn't harm you in any way

he steals your television

will you shoot him

bright lights, big city

what if he's armed, bro
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

Again,being a mother my children are my number one priority. Breaking into my house will evoke fear,and I know survival instincts will take over. That is tough though because I do have a heart. On one hand if they were just taking a television or something that could be replaced,and showed no signs of wanting to harm us,then that might be different. But then again,if they are soo desperate for money,enough to enter a home that doesn't belong to them,who's to say they wouldn't do what they had to to steal those things? I am one who will alway's be on the defensive side. I'm a woman,and I'm a mother. I would gladly give someone money if they needed it,but entering my house uninvited is a risk they are taking. And even if they are unarmed,like I said before,If you're coming into my house invading my territory,I will consider you armed and react accordingly. When you have children,everything about you changes. You're sole purpose in life now is to raise them well and keep them safe. You hear all the time parents say they would rather die than their children,and I think until you have children you can't really say how you would react because you do a complete 180 when that child comes into the world.

black coffee

This "as a parent you would understand me" argument is not fair at all, cause you assume that I would most likely react the same way as you do if I had children, and I don't think so.

But I guess its a mentality thing ... I wouldn't feel comfortable if I had a weapon at my place ( besides the fact that it would be illegal where I live)
You on the other hand would probably feel unsafe if you didn't have a weapon and since its legal in your country to have one, obviously a lot of people got a gun at home. So I see where you're coming from.

And your view on the Trayvon Martin murder is proof enough to me why that guy who killed him is on the loose. If the majority of people think about it the way you do, there is absolutely no reason why he should be punished for what he did, I understand that now.

bright lights, big city

He was arrested, and this could be a whole thread of its own. In the U.S. it will be the next Casey Anthony trial, unless Drew Peterson ever goes to trial first here in Illinois (now that will be an interesting fucking trial).

But this ordeal is showing why the gun issue if huge over here. Just like everything else, it seems split. Who knows what Zimmerman was thinking when he shot him, though? He claimed Martin acted violently toward him. With what? Skittles? Yet the police take Zimmerman in, and he's clean as a whistle. "Oh shit there's a black kid walking back from a 7-11 with a hoodie on, seems suspicious, let me tail him because I wanna live like I'm on The Wire".
DERP

devilinside

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 23, 2012, 04:34 PM
He was arrested, and this could be a whole thread of its own. In the U.S. it will be the next Casey Anthony trial, unless Drew Peterson ever goes to trial first here in Illinois (now that will be an interesting fucking trial).

But this ordeal is showing why the gun issue if huge over here. Just like everything else, it seems split. Who knows what Zimmerman was thinking when he shot him, though? He claimed Martin acted violently toward him. With what? Skittles? Yet the police take Zimmerman in, and he's clean as a whistle. "Oh shit there's a black kid walking back from a 7-11 with a hoodie on, seems suspicious, let me tail him because I wanna live like I'm on The Wire".

BUT,there was the picture of the back of his head,taken 3 minutes after he shot him,geotagged and time confirmed,that shows blood rolling down the back of his head. Nobody knows how the boy approached the man,only what was said by the girlfriend on the phone. Now,is it pathetic that a grown man couldn't force a teenager off him...yes. But if someone is bashing your head in the ground and saying they're gonna kill you,are you gonna let them do it? How are you to know they're not armed? This is what sucks is that with all the violence that goes on in America,we expect the worst from everyone,and when we don't,we end up trusting the wrong person and getting killed.

theis

I'm from Europe, but I can easily see the point that Kelly is making.

Burglars in the US know that people may have firearms in their house. They're breaking and entering at own risk with that knowledge.

Vesanic

"I Ban People", fuck yeah Theis, haha!

Penicks

so how come we europeans don't live in utter fear because we don't have a double barreled shotgun hanging above our open fire place?

rock_n_frost

- Sarkozy
+ European people
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

devilinside

Quote from: Penicks on Apr 23, 2012, 07:00 PM
so how come we europeans don't live in utter fear because we don't have a double barreled shotgun hanging above our open fire place?

Could it be because guns are illegal there so you don't have to worry about someone coming into your house and shooting you? I don't know,and can't really answer that for you. But I don't live in "utter fear",if that were the case I'd have bars on my windows,alarms and booby traps in my yard. lol I'm just more or less prepared in the event that some idiot tries to pillage my village.

theis

one weak

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 23, 2012, 11:19 AM

thank you.

roflestiltskin

I support people having guns.  I have no kids(that I know of) and I'm 100% behind devilinside.  If anyone fucks with family especially in your own house, fuck em.

Edit to stay on topic:
-  buddy of mine jumped in front of a tractor trailer last night and killed himself

BillyNo.9

Quote from: roflestiltskin on Apr 24, 2012, 04:16 AM
I support people having guns.  I have no kids(that I know of) and I'm 100% behind devilinside.  If anyone fucks with family especially in your own house, fuck em.

Edit to stay on topic:
-  buddy of mine jumped in front of a tractor trailer last night and killed himself

Sorry to hear about that man. What the hell was even trying to do? :S

-/+ Just spent half an hour looking at people_are_fake's posts for lulz.