Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HooiserBowhunter

Man I want to Pre-order the album off iTunes, but if there is going to be a deluxe edition with extra tracks I will be pissed haaha. I guess I could always snag a cd copy later too. I would hate to buy twice though.

LG95

Quote from: Capt Snow on Feb 04, 2016, 11:48 PM
Spotify says the album is 1 hour, 3 mins and 38 secs.

Is this new info? If so Gore will be quite a bit longer than all the rest of the albums.
I think you've mixed up 'hour' with 'song' - if you go on P/T, it says '1 song, 3 mins and 38 secs'.
I could float here forever

mono

Quote from: Capt Snow on Feb 04, 2016, 11:48 PM
Spotify says the album is 1 hour, 3 mins and 38 secs.

Is this new info? If so Gore will be quite a bit longer than all the rest of the albums.

One of the longest, right?

ANattyRat

Quote from: Alectwin on Feb 04, 2016, 10:48 PM
I enjoyed KNY a lot...it was so crappy for you all?

Nah, I love Koi No Yokan. Felt like a similar tone to Diamond Eyes but they added more to it, expanded upon it. But after hearing two happy-sounding, beautiful albums in a row...I really miss the darker, raw, gritty kind of music they used to make. Someone mentioned wishing the vocals sounded more like they did on the self-titled album, and I agree. I wasn't expecting it to sound like it, but I do miss it. Don't get me wrong, I don't want self-titled 2.0 (or any 2.0 album for that matter), but everyone has their preferences.

When Chino said this album is a lot darker, I was so freaking excited, and learning that it's titled Gore only increased that excitement. But I think despite the feel of the album perhaps being darker, they're sticking with this quite clean, polished sound that they've had for the past few albums.

Hell, I remember when the Deftones site had those tiny, tiny, short clips of them playing a new song (titled Dwarf Dicks on YouTube, right?), and that was ages ago, and even back then people were saying, "I bet this album will be dark." Very cool stuff.

So when do we think we'll get a pre-order announcement for the site? I hope they do bundle packages and whatever like last time.

sing blue silver

Can't find lyrics. Guess I'll take a crack at it.

There's a new strange
Godless demon awake inside me
There's a force divine
Terrorizing the angels I keep
While we dream

Prayers, laid on the line
You will never be free
You will never be free

I'm a true slave
to the fire and the air around you
While this cursed divide
Is slowly rotting away inside me
While we dream

You will never be free
You will never be free
Triangles, placed (blazed?) in your mind
You will never be free
You will never be free

I Beware
Beware (x3)

I will never walk this street again
The only time I feel I'm not alone
I pull my heart I wave it in the air

You will never be free
You will never be free
Triangles, placed in your mind
You will never be free
You will never be free

Prayers, Triangles
You will never be free

I will never walk this street again
The only time I feel I'm not alone
I pull my heart I wave it in the air
I pull my heart, I beware

Closest I've got. Can't decipher a few words and am not 100% on what I did get.

luisch

prayers / triangles

there's a new strange...
godless demon awake, inside me

theres a force divine
terrorizing the angels i keep

while we dream...

prayers (prayers)
layed on the line (layed on the line)

you will never be free
you will never be free

i'm a true slave
to the fire and the air... around you

while this curse divine
it slowly rotting away inside me
while we dream

prayers (prayers)
layed on the line (layed on the line)

you will never be free
you will never be free

triangles (triangles)
placed in your mind (placed in your mind)

you will never be free
you will never be free

beware x4

i will never walk this street again!
the only time i feel im not alone!
i pull my heart out, i waved it in the air!

prayers (prayers)
layed on the line

you will never be free
you will never be free

triangles (triangles)
placed in your mind (placed in your mind)

you will never be free
you will never be free

prayers! (prayers)
triangles! (triangles)
prayers!

you will never be free
you will never be free

i will never walk this street again!
the only time i feel im not alone!
i pull my heart out, waved it in the air!
i pull my heart out... beware!

All the credits to Slacker. Crack!
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

sooniletugo

So what do you all think the song is about?

shoop

Vesanic

shoop

Vesanic

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I'm outside waiting for the guitar center guys let us in.
A shitload of ppl came

77years

The faint intro (and esp the instrumental clip we heard last week), I immediately thought of the arpeggiated/delayed riff from the outro of Tears for Fears "Mothers Talk" for some reason... totally an 80s vibe... definitely plays into Chino's supposed love for ear-candy 80s pop stuff... the exploding wall of sound is fairly novel to me, not sure what may have inspired it but it's unusual and doesn't remind me of anything they've done which is good...

I absolutely LOVE the chorus and especially the repeating layered vocals... this is a technique to drive home the abstract lyric... I dig it... listening on headphones it is almost too much to take... just a melodic wash thrillcore insaneness... and it's catchy as supreme fuck

The moment of the bridge at the very end right before it transitions back into the chorus (roughly 2:15 to roughly 2:25) is like the moment the roller coaster reaches the top and you have to brace your ass... it's already my favorite moment of the song... listened to with extreme volume it's reallllly heavy...

I'm saddened to hear some neg reviews/reactions but I really dig the song and am very excited about Gore... give this track a few live incarnations and it will TAKE OFF... I'm already imagining how insane it's gonna be when Abe starts that beat live... where he alternates toms just before the chorus immenses upon you, it's gonna be SICK

I wonder if peoples' distaste for the chorus is somehow connected to the title of the song, if the friggin thing was called "Moron Dachsund Bell-Pepper Orchestra" or something I doubt people would be as unimpressed... maybe the title was some sort of compromise

Been lurking since DE and been a fan since early... yeah

cvthedrv

Slacker

NYRexall

Quote from: RaptureWS on Feb 04, 2016, 04:03 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Feb 04, 2016, 03:51 AM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Feb 03, 2016, 06:39 PM
One thing that surprises me is that the name of the song is Prayers/Triangles. The names of Deftones songs are very rarely a lyric too.

Bored
Around The Fur
Headup
Change
Passenger
Entombed
Lucky You
Hexagram
Beware
Hole In The Earth
Needles and Pins
Rapture
This Place Is Death

Oh yea man, very rarely

EDIT-Hexagram isn't in the lyrics. So, 15% of songs.

I guess there are a few more than I realized.  "Rarely" was a bad choice of words. Still only at 16% of album songs though ;)

Isn't 'hexagram' printed in the lyric booklet though? I thought it was just something Chino screamed at the end of the song with everything else he was screaming, lol

But yea, fair enough. I was just having some fun with you  ;D