Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

77years

Some of Pale Saints "In Ribbons" and Catherine Wheel "Chrome" (like the heavy bridge of Broken Head) are obvious & welcome comparisons for me... love those two albums... immense, fast, overwhelming, with complex drumming

RaptureWS

Quote from: NYRexall on Feb 05, 2016, 02:36 AM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Feb 04, 2016, 04:03 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Feb 04, 2016, 03:51 AM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Feb 03, 2016, 06:39 PM
One thing that surprises me is that the name of the song is Prayers/Triangles. The names of Deftones songs are very rarely a lyric too.

Bored
Around The Fur
Headup
Change
Passenger
Entombed
Lucky You
Hexagram
Beware
Hole In The Earth
Needles and Pins
Rapture
This Place Is Death

Oh yea man, very rarely

EDIT-Hexagram isn't in the lyrics. So, 15% of songs.

I guess there are a few more than I realized.  "Rarely" was a bad choice of words. Still only at 16% of album songs though ;)

Isn't 'hexagram' printed in the lyric booklet though? I thought it was just something Chino screamed at the end of the song with everything else he was screaming, lol

But yea, fair enough. I was just having some fun with you  ;D

I gotcha :) I wonder if Hearts/Wires will be similar. I also wonder if Xenon will be an epic, sprawling track like Xerces (similar name and also track 7). Ugh I can't wait!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Inkblades

I wonder if Doomed User will be building on that Team Sleep demo or if it will just be something new entirely. And :o if Gore is over an hour. That means we're in for some longer songs than usual.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Pre ordered and I met Stephen today! :D

What a nice day

Jesus2Chino

Quote from: LG95 on Feb 05, 2016, 12:03 AM
Quote from: Capt Snow on Feb 04, 2016, 11:48 PM
Spotify says the album is 1 hour, 3 mins and 38 secs.

Is this new info? If so Gore will be quite a bit longer than all the rest of the albums.
I think you've mixed up 'hour' with 'song' - if you go on P/T, it says '1 song, 3 mins and 38 secs'.

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 05, 2016, 05:43 AM
I wonder if Doomed User will be building on that Team Sleep demo or if it will just be something new entirely. And :o if Gore is over an hour. That means we're in for some longer songs than usual.

Have we discounted what this person suggested for any reason?? Is it stated anywhere that the album will actually be over an hour long?? I'd absolutely love it to be, but won't get my hopes up until I see it somewhere, haha.
Much respect,
-Matt

Cullision

Does anyone realize deftones uploaded the song prayers/triangles on their YouTube a bit ago?

NYRexall

I pre-ordered the 180gr "internet exclusive" vinyl album, like a sucker. I know a year from now, that shit will be available in mass quantities everywhere from American Eagle to Barnes & Noble

The hour-plus album length could be for a hidden track on the CD. Look at what they did with ATF and Damone

There's a guy in my BJJ class who looks just like Stephen, but with shoulder length hair

I'm not a fan at all of Deftones shirts that just have a big block of the album cover slapped on the front. If they'd have made a shirt with that sunrise over the ocean and the new band logo like on their splash page, I'd have bought two.

NYRexall

Also, that ocean sunrise band logo is officially the start of Deftones winding down to a mellower middle age. Kind of like Incubus did with Morning View back when they were still kids..

plagasx

I really hope the album has a deluxe edition with bonus tracks this time around. The covers for SNW and DE were fantastic.

NYRexall

So there's five extra Gore tracks still out there, plus the half-album of Eros stuff?

Just release everything as 'Sore' and be done with it..

Capt Snow

Lol I mixed that 1 hour thing up. Spotify actually said "1 song, 3 mins, 38 secs"

Sorry guys.

kitesvera

yeah no track lengths or album length in iTunes either. its all hidden, cuz its a secret

mono

Vesanic

Slacker

that shirt looks freaking awful. somebody needs to get fired.

mono

No bundles this time...fuck they're horrible!
Just go for the vinyls.

ANattyRat

I was going to buy a bundle, but nah. I've pre-ordered the album on the UK Amazon site so it gets here quicker, and I just bought a few shirts from the Deftones store. I like the one with the album cover on it actually, but not a fan of the black hoodie with the sunset thing on it, looks like someone just pasted some clip art onto it, haha. Ah well, it's basically the same as Koi No Yokan, album cover on the shirt.

Crazylegs

Quote from: play on Feb 04, 2016, 09:28 PM
Can a moderator please make this an official GORE sticky thread?
done

LG95

This song is getting better the more I listen to it. Wonderful stuff.
I could float here forever