Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANattyRat

Quote from: neirda on Apr 02, 2016, 07:10 AM
The forum has just inscreased By 2 pages for the last 3 hours, depressing. Koi no Yokan's thread was much more active 6 days prior to its release...

My album ranking:
around the fur (was rotating non stop while playing Half Life, incredible)
white pony (digital bath, this song alone makes the album)
koi (like the mood, How it flow)
s/t (dark, depressing, took me ten years to appreciate it)
DE (brighter, punchy, a reel rebirth)
adrenaline
SNW: good songs (beware, cherry waves, combat), But the mix, the lack of coherence, and chino's exaggerated mellow voice ruins it a bit... (and rats is the ugliest song in the world)

I can't wait anymore guys.

Dude, when I first came online after being away for a while, it'd increased 20+ pages, and it was apparently all talk about tacos. That isn't exciting. When there's news, clips, etc., that's when we get active with exciting stuff, but obviously eventually it dies down and then goes into the slow, bored chatter until the next time.

3004pd

can someone upload those clips please?

neirda

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 02, 2016, 07:42 AM
Quote from: neirda on Apr 02, 2016, 07:10 AM
The forum has just inscreased By 2 pages for the last 3 hours, depressing. Koi no Yokan's thread was much more active 6 days prior to its release...

My album ranking:
around the fur (was rotating non stop while playing Half Life, incredible)
white pony (digital bath, this song alone makes the album)
koi (like the mood, How it flow)
s/t (dark, depressing, took me ten years to appreciate it)
DE (brighter, punchy, a reel rebirth)
adrenaline
SNW: good songs (beware, cherry waves, combat), But the mix, the lack of coherence, and chino's exaggerated mellow voice ruins it a bit... (and rats is the ugliest song in the world)

I can't wait anymore guys.

Dude, when I first came online after being away for a while, it'd increased 20+ pages, and it was apparently all talk about tacos. That isn't exciting. When there's news, clips, etc., that's when we get active with exciting stuff, but obviously eventually it dies down and then goes into the slow, bored chatter until the next time.

True that, I just meant that 3 pages shows it hasn't leaked. And talking about pizza instead of tacos for 20 pages would make it a turn on eventually. :P

sooniletugo

My mama surprised me with a Dominos when I finished work last night. Veggie supreme. What a wild way to kick off the weekend. Gonna eat the leftovers for breakfast.

I've been playing Mastodon - Once More Round the Sun, awesome album, especially the song Halloween.

CarloDefDonno

I'm trying to distract myself by listening to:
Depeche Mode
Boards of Canada
Burzum
Converge
Ghostpoet
Deftones (obviously)

Moz

Jesus it still hasn't leaked? I had hoped I could listen to it till infinity this weekend.

Pleaaaase leak before wednesday I want it on my trip so bad :)

ConcealingFate92

Waiting is killing me.

I'm listening Chevelle, Periphery, TesseracT, Skyharbor and Massive Attack (mostly The Mezzanine álbum).

Album Ranking:

White Pony
Deftones
Around The Fur
SNW
Adrenaline
Diamond Eyes
Koi No Yokan
Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

77years

Been listening to:

Failure
Derrick May from Metamorphose Spring Festival, Makuhari Messe, Tokyo-May 12, 2012 (very recommended)
Zomes
Moss Icon live 1991

I don't really want to play any Deftones music yet because I'm going to drown in the new thing

Reichward

Been reading Beyond good and evil.

77years

Ranking (subject to change)

Snw cause this was the album that made me a believer something really incredible & interesting & different was going on than anybody else. Flawed genius, a beautiful trainwreck, emotional rollercoaster, I love it and all its chaos and problems and weaknesses, just like a beautiful woman you find out has her own flaws and quirks, it's like a woman you learn to love
S/t because fuuuuuuck
Atf because if you remember then, what that time was like, what was going on, what that did to you, it feels nostalgic really. A time & place that will never happen again
Kny cause it was the rapid crystallizing of the new sound, just thudding overbearing power then it lets you get up just to hit you again
Wp cause it always seemed like a transitional new idea, like a serving of fresh new ideas that hadn't yet been hashed out yet, intriguing but intensely focused, like a fist that won't untighten
De is a hard album for me to listen to, I think it's phenomenally sad, that tray picture of the band sitting against that wall literally made me cry. Half the songs are just extremely emotionally draining. 976&tpid are almost unlistenably sad to me
Adrenaline is the source I dont listen to as much anymore, I should give it another listen

Papa Prune

While waitin to hear gore:

-just spent 78 euros to see them in paris on June 10th.
- thinking that Warner bros is a stupid company since I bought the deluxe pack on Deftones' website (Cd+vinyle+useless things) and Warner doesn't include a digital download of the record with it.
- Atf is my favourite record from them.
-Koi no yokan is the most cohesive effort. I can listen to it without skipping a song. Every song seems to be at the right place at the right time.
-Saturday reminds me of my son's birth so its a special record for me.
- From the two songs i've heard and from what reviewers are writing, i think i will like Gore although it took time before P/T grew on me.

LG95

https://twitter.com/Radio1RockShow/status/716237035481264129
Quote*EXCLUSIVE* First play of Hearts/Wires by @deftones on Sunday's show @BBCR1!
#RockestRecord http://bbc.in/1MJjvZd 

I don't think I'll listen if the album hasn't leaked by then. All I want now is the full record.
I could float here forever

underneaththecar

I have a feeling this is gonna leak as soon as I leave for work today  >:(

sharinglungs

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 02, 2016, 12:20 PM
https://twitter.com/Radio1RockShow/status/716237035481264129
Quote*EXCLUSIVE* First play of Hearts/Wires by @deftones on Sunday's show @BBCR1!
#RockestRecord http://bbc.in/1MJjvZd 

I don't think I'll listen if the album hasn't leaked by then. All I want now is the full record.

Yep, figured this would be the song. Someone found the song listed on MySpace, just like doomed user..

whitefur

Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 02, 2016, 05:43 AM
While we're all anxiously awaiting "Gore", what's everyone got in rotation that's not from Deftones

Mobb Deep
A Tribe Called Quest
Nas
Wu Tang

whitefur

ATF
White Pony
Deftones
Adrenaline
Diamond Eyes
KNY
SNW

LG95

Quote from: BlackDiamondSkye on Apr 02, 2016, 06:18 AM
I've been listening to all of the other (real) albums during all this waiting and decided to rank them.

Around The Fur
Koi No Yokan
Deftones
White Pony
Diamond Eyes
Saturday Night Wrist
Adrenaline

Just my preferences, I'm curious how you peeps would list them.

White Pony
Around The Fur
Deftones
Diamond Eyes/Adrenaline/Koi No Yokan (I can't separate them, it depends what mood I'm in as to which one I prefer)
Saturday Night Wrist
I could float here forever

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Wow I miss the anticipation of a Deftones record.....G.     O.     R.     E.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

sharinglungs

We may hear Hearts/Wires tonight..

https://twitter.com/TXFMDublin/status/716241318926635010
QuoteBrand new @deftones, a classic @Metallica cover, @Godsmack_Music, Strapping Young Lad + more

It's #MetalMarch tonight 10pm  w/ @DaveTodayFM

Berserker_Armor

Had a good night's sleep. Rdy for another day of people posting pictures of their album and us not being able to listen to it.  :'(