Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz

Quote from: jciraheta on Apr 03, 2016, 02:35 AM
right now out the 3 new songs , AH almost make me tears , PB sound very good that solo and the chino ends it so cool, and the same with  pb the end is brutal and dark  , amazing this will be maybe the best deftones album if the other song are at this level

Yeah imagine if all these songs are already this good how awesome the rest will be. I mean what if.. WHAT IF this will be the new classic to reunite old school and new fans like vesanic says? It would be a new era for sharing lungs. Still with lots of peniks, 2 more hours but also lots of love. Hell if even vesanic is excited it must mean we're at the dawn of a new era.

Btw at this point im kinda glad with the strait forwardness of P/T and Doomed. They are the link between the old deftones and this new beast.

E-Money

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 02:36 AM
After being virtually ignored in their day, bands like Hum and Failure are more popular than ever today and are finally getting the praise and the recognition they so rightfully deserve.

Deftones have been championing BOTH bands since day one. My ultimate hope is that Gore plays out like a missing link between the Hum and Failure sound, with the punishing aggressiveness and the incredible melodic highs and lows only Deftones are capable of.

Mark my words...this album is going to take what KNY started and launch it into the stratosphere. Get ready for a game-changer that sounds far ahead of anything else out there in hard rock today.

Deftones are always 20 years ahead of their time. And that's why we dig them!

N0S3BLEED976

I'm waiting for that clown who always hates on their new music to come out of his hole again to tell us how much it sucks. Forgot his name

Shadow46/2

Quote from: Slacker on Apr 03, 2016, 02:11 AM
cant really say i saw this one coming

Whaaaaaat?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

BlackDiamondSkye

Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 02:30 AM
Whaaaat a time to be a 'tones fan. These guys. Ok listen up for a moment. No matter what you think of DE and KNY. Theyve been delivering the goods for over 20 years. You know how much bands can say that? Almos no one. They start churning out cheap sound-a-likes after their classics. Deftones? After ATF, WP and ST rhy just kept renewing themselves. SNw was an experimental goldmine (with pacing issues imo). They reinvented themselves with DE and KNY, two sister records. Maybe not as experimental but superb produxtion and chino back on top of his game with killer croons and some nice screams as well. And Gore is like the WP of the new trilogy, veeery left field.

Sorry im drunk just got home from town but im getting emotional here. These guys. How is it possible for a 20 plus year old band to still sound THIS fresh and relevant. Of all the bands out there we chose deftones to love. What a choice that was.

I agree with this so much, most bands turn into a parody of themselves and just try to copy what made them popular or something. Deftones have always seemed uncompromising in their willingness to always make a "new sounding" record, and over 20+ years that is nearly unheard of.

I wish they got more shine for their accomplishments (with the uninformed masses), to me they are basically like a way more cool and metal Radiohead. In the way that they are both always changing, although I enjoy Deftones much more lol but they don't get the mainstream attention as much as they should.

Moz

Quote from: E-Money on Apr 03, 2016, 02:39 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 02:36 AM
After being virtually ignored in their day, bands like Hum and Failure are more popular than ever today and are finally getting the praise and the recognition they so rightfully deserve.

Deftones have been championing BOTH bands since day one. My ultimate hope is that Gore plays out like a missing link between the Hum and Failure sound, with the punishing aggressiveness and the incredible melodic highs and lows only Deftones are capable of.

Mark my words...this album is going to take what KNY started and launch it into the stratosphere. Get ready for a game-changer that sounds far ahead of anything else out there in hard rock today.

Deftones are always 20 years ahead of their time. And that's why we dig them!

I still listen to white pony multiple times a week. It still sounds like a brand new record. How insane is that, 16 years after release?

Chino and co if you reading this just know that you are the best artists out there. Ill be in the front row high as fuck enjoying the new and old songs when you are back in the netherlands.

Bergerac

PB to me is like the Kim Dracula of this album. Problematically, I don't dig either of them.

Moz

Quote from: BlackDiamondSkye on Apr 03, 2016, 02:41 AM
Whaaaat a time to be a 'tones fan. These guys. Ok listen up for a moment. No matter what you think of DE and KNY. Theyve been delivering the goods for over 20 years. You know how much bands can say that? Almos no one. They start churning out cheap sound-a-likes after their classics. Deftones? After ATF, WP and ST rhy just kept renewing themselves. SNw was an experimental goldmine (with pacing issues imo). They reinvented themselves with DE and KNY, two sister records. Maybe not as experimental but superb produxtion and chino back on top of his game with killer croons and some nice screams as well. And Gore is like the WP of the new trilogy, veeery left field.

Sorry im drunk just got home from town but im getting emotional here. These guys. How is it possible for a 20 plus year old band to still sound THIS fresh and relevant. Of all the bands out there we chose deftones to love. What a choice that was.

I agree with this so much, most bands turn into a parody of themselves and just try to copy what made them popular or something. Deftones have always seemed uncompromising in their willingness to always make a "new sounding" record, and over 20+ years that is nearly unheard of.

I wish they got more shine for their accomplishments (with the uninformed masses), to me they are basically like a way more cool and metal Radiohead. In the way that they are both always changing, although I enjoy Deftones much more lol but they don't get the mainstream attention as much as they should.

The metal radiohead. Right on. My man. Im sure most other muscisians view deftones that way. Well next to those dope smoking boys with the singer who used to get fucking drunk on stage and threatened to shoot you in the foot if you badmouthed him.

ghettovaquero

Acid hologram makes me want to cry

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

pelican fly

Quote from: ghettovaquero on Apr 03, 2016, 02:47 AM

word

love is lost

Moz

Quote from: ghettovaquero on Apr 03, 2016, 02:47 AM

Smile

NYRexall

Is AH some kind of sinister, emotional ballad or something?

Jimmy_McNulty

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 03, 2016, 02:16 AM
Quote from: Jimmy_McNulty on Apr 03, 2016, 01:39 AM
Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 03, 2016, 01:09 AM
Nah bruh - loving every minute of it. don't troll

I try not to offend, but that's not very intelligent on your part. 5 songs are too much, almost half album. I listened Prayers/Triangles and Doomer User twice and I want to listen Gore in one shot. My opinion, don't get angry!

Sooo your opinion is just "your opinion," but his makes him "not very intelligent?!" Maybe we dont care about hearing it within context. Maybe we just want to enjoy the songs separately.

Just do what you do and let us do what we do. No need to rain on everyone's parade. People like you annoy me.

English isn't my mother tongue, maybe I didn't express myself correctly. I'm sorry if I have offended you, that was not my intention.

E-Money

Phantom bride is exactly what I wanted it to be. Man what a track. Love the sound of chinos guitar. And love the almost 80's vibe to it. Just perfect 💯👌🏻🎶

BlackDiamondSkye

Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 02:43 AM
Quote from: BlackDiamondSkye on Apr 03, 2016, 02:41 AM

The metal radiohead. Right on. My man. Im sure most other muscisians view deftones that way. Well next to those dope smoking boys with the singer who used to get fucking drunk on stage and threatened to shoot you in the foot if you badmouthed him.

Lmao yeah exactly they are badass to boot, that's why I'm so shocked when I tell someone that Deftones is my favorite band and they reply "who?". For a band this consistently awesome, they are criminally unknown around me (Canada).

BallZDeeP

Quote from: Jimmy_McNulty on Apr 03, 2016, 02:54 AM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 03, 2016, 02:16 AM
Quote from: Jimmy_McNulty on Apr 03, 2016, 01:39 AM
Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 03, 2016, 01:09 AM
Nah bruh - loving every minute of it. don't troll

I try not to offend, but that's not very intelligent on your part. 5 songs are too much, almost half album. I listened Prayers/Triangles and Doomer User twice and I want to listen Gore in one shot. My opinion, don't get angry!

Sooo your opinion is just "your opinion," but his makes him "not very intelligent?!" Maybe we dont care about hearing it within context. Maybe we just want to enjoy the songs separately.

Just do what you do and let us do what we do. No need to rain on everyone's parade. People like you annoy me.

English isn't my mother tongue, maybe I didn't express myself correctly. I'm sorry if I have offended you, that was not my intention.

your mothers tongue doesnt expr

anyone have anything else? today has been such a tease and yet so fulfilling..anyone?

Moz

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 02:53 AM

Yea you could say that. Its very melancholia. A slow Good Morning Beautiful. A metal waltz. A romantic summer evening with a bloodlust slut.

neirda

Is there a better quality of those songs than the VK link I have? They're all amazing but the quality ruins the experience.

glassdomino

i don't know who said it first, but it really does remind me of mascara in way.

jciraheta

i dont know english very well but was the first of the 3 songs and only can tell you is very very sad ...