Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ldeaf2

Here's the deal everyone, I didn't realize how many people would ask for the album after I announced that I was working on a better rip. There were like 50 people in a matter of minutes who wanted this emailed to them. When I saw the amount of people who had asked for the album I decided to not share it here because I couldn't do that to the band.

If I'm in the wrong I apologize. I'm sorry to get everyone's hopes up. It is no ones fault but my own.

deftoolsys07

Goodnight, all!
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

kurtone

Quote from: ldeaf2 on Apr 03, 2016, 07:36 AM
Here's the deal everyone, I didn't realize how many people would ask for the album after I announced that I was working on a better rip. There were like 50 people in a matter of minutes who wanted this emailed to them. When I saw the amount of people who had asked for the album I decided to not share it here because I couldn't do that to the band.

If I'm in the wrong I apologize. I'm sorry to get everyone's hopes up. It is no ones fault but my own.

Not your fault. All you said was that you were working on it and people came out of the woodwork dropping their email addresses like it was all ready to go. Can't say I blame you. Especially with all the new people just joining this forum wanting the leak.

geraavl08

So is it safe to say it's over? I guess I'll go back to work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

NYRexall

I really don't think it matters, tbh

Everyone here is going to purchase the album next week or has had it preordered for months already. But I understand what you mean and appreciate your willingness to share this with the community

RaptureWS

Us Deftones fans are rabid man lol. A lot of us have been here day and night, 12 hours a day or more waiting for this. I understand your position. I don't agree with it, but I absolutely get it. Thanks for clarifying.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Vesanic

Lol. Am I seriously being accused right now?

Today I spent hours sharing three new tracks to a fair share of fans. I first said "Fuck you" but then edited this part of my message because it wasn't nice. You're not nice, guys.

ConcealingFate92

Okay mate, i understand. At least i can sleep now.

And my pre order is already done, so it's just the waiting game that's killing me.
Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

BallZDeeP

thanks

BallZDeeP

and your shitty rip was shitty..and i mean shitty..like..shhhhiiitttt

but hey..one love right?

jlaggot

Totally respect your move here and the fact that you are honoring the band's intentions, no hard feelings. That being said, how could you not see this coming? People have been posting non stop all day losing their minds over any potential leak even ones that were obviously fake. If you say you have the album and are willing to share it, everyone will want their piece of the pie. I don't mean this in a confrontational way or anything but its no surprise the attention this has gotten.

BZA

RaptureWS

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 03, 2016, 07:40 AM
Lol. Am I seriously being accused right now?

Today I spent hours sharing three new tracks to a fair share of fans. Fuck you, in a non-childish way.

If you mean my post then no, not at all :P I am in a great mood and just had a theory, because IF that is what happened (which obviously we know did NOT happen) then I would have done exactly the same thing. It was honestly in fun but I guess I should have kept it to myself. My bad.

Highdust

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 03, 2016, 07:41 AM
and your shitty rip was shitty..and i mean shitty..like..shhhhiiitttt

but hey..one love right?
Lol

Sent from shitphone 2 hours ago...

SCUM

think it's safe to say 99% of the freaks are gonna buy it but i understand your concern. thank you for the effort and honesty

ANattyRat

Well, we are a bunch of obsessed, hardcore fans, haha. But also, we weren't going to upload it to everyone and share it outside of the forum, people wanted to keep it between the people here. I don't think anyone here plans on screwing over the band, you know? Probably the vast majority of us pre-ordered the album within the first week it was announced.

*Sigh* it's been an exhausting emotional roller coaster, haha. It's not easy being an obsessed fan so close to a release date, I think we've all gone a bit...mad. Forgive us for scaring you.

NYRexall

So this thing is *still* out there unheard? Are you shitting me?!  ???

ANattyRat

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 07:44 AM
So this thing is *still* out there unheard? Are you shitting me?!  ???

Ha, yeah :\

Vesanic

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 07:43 AM
But also, we weren't going to upload it to everyone and share it outside of the forum, people wanted to keep it between the people here. I don't think anyone here plans on screwing over the band, you know?

Dude, I wish, and with DE it was kinda made possible for a time. But I shit you not when I say, for the 100th time, the hype right here is some hot lava shit. This thread has grown like a hundred pages in a single fucking day. I understand the guy's move, I wasn't expecting it myself and I've been here for a bit.

RaptureWS

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 07:43 AM

Well, we are a bunch of obsessed, hardcore fans, haha. But also, we weren't going to upload it to everyone and share it outside of the forum, people wanted to keep it between the people here. I don't think anyone here plans on screwing over the band, you know? Probably the vast majority of us pre-ordered the album within the first week it was announced.

*Sigh* it's been an exhausting emotional roller coaster, haha. It's not easy being an obsessed fan so close to a release date, I think we've all gone a bit...mad. Forgive us for scaring you.

What made it worse was that Hasitleaked reported it as leaked, TWICE! My day started around non when My Own Summer played on my phone, which was my custom notification for ONLY a leak. I woke up in excitement, heart racing only to find out it was false, then get ANOTHER notification an hour later. I figured ok NOW we got this! Been here ever since now....soooo...15 hours lol. Thank god it's the weekend!