Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYRexall

Well, fuck.

Sorry everyone. I thought your good friends over at ETS were gonna come riding in on the hesperian death horse to save the day this time  :(

kurtone

According to the Hasitleaked comments there is a vinyl rip out there now, but it could be talking about homeboys rip.

Highdust

He's right though... most of the hardcore fans will buy the album. But there's an indefinite amount of trolls on here that want to save $10-15 and get it for free. I've paid for it already, but I can see his point for not wanting to feed them dirty trolls.

Sent from shitphone 2 hours ago...

RaptureWS

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 07:44 AM
So this thing is *still* out there unheard? Are you shitting me?!  ???
Year: 2016

Gore was sold to anyone with money at certain record stores today.

Boxes and boxes of the album are sitting in stores and warehouses across the country.

Album status: sealed

Mind: Blown
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Lurid Vega

SCUM

Quote from: Highdust on Apr 03, 2016, 07:48 AM
He's right though... most of the hardcore fans will buy the album. But there's an indefinite amount of trolls on here that want to save $10-15 and get it for free. I've paid for it already, but I can see his point for not wanting to feed them dirty trolls.

aren't they gonna get a high quality rip of it anyway next week? they'll DL it no matter when it comes out

Penicks

back to listing your favourite deftones albums and what you had for dinner and which body part is itching you guys!

NYRexall

I've never ever ever understood this though

People who don't want to pay for music are going to d/l and steal the album whether it's leaked a month early or whether its been out for three years. Just because something doesn't leak before the release date has no bearing on the matter. If the album leaks today or Wednesday night, it's still going to be bought by the ones who want to buy it and stolen buy the ones who don't want to pay for it.

An official album stream by the band is essentially the same thing because everyone still gets to hear it and decide whether to buy the actual music or not

Highdust

Quote from: SCUM on Apr 03, 2016, 07:51 AM

aren't they gonna get a high quality rip of it anyway next week? they'll DL it no matter when it comes out
They will, you're right, but why feed them early?

geraavl08

Quote from: Penicks on Apr 03, 2016, 07:51 AM
back to listing your favourite deftones albums and what you had for dinner and which body part is itching you guys!
Time to bust out the tacos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ANattyRat

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 03, 2016, 07:46 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 07:43 AM
But also, we weren't going to upload it to everyone and share it outside of the forum, people wanted to keep it between the people here. I don't think anyone here plans on screwing over the band, you know?

Dude, I wish, and with DE it was kinda made possible for a time. But I shit you not when I say, for the 100th time, the hype right here is some hot lava shit. This thread has grown like a hundred pages in a single fucking day. I understand the guy's move, I wasn't expecting it myself and I've been here for a bit.

I wasn't surprised at how crazy it was at all, everyone was asking for a leak, people signed up just to ask for a link, etc., just like the last few times. I understand him getting hesitant about it, but we're all on this forum impatiently waiting for a leak of a band we love enough to spend god knows how much of our time on a forum for, so not entirely out of character, haha.

Eh, it's not like Diamond Eyes where it leaked super early, they've done an amazing job keeping it from leaking for so long, and it's only a few days until the release date, AND we get to hear Hearts/Wires tonight, so it's like...it's not going to do so much damage if it leaks less than a week away, you know?

As for people not wanting to buy it, they'll download a high quality leak once the album has been released, so that's hardly even a factor. If they're not going to spend money, they're not going to spend it regardless of how and when the album leaks.

deftonesluvrbrazil

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 03, 2016, 07:48 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 07:44 AM
So this thing is *still* out there unheard? Are you shitting me?!  ???
Year: 2016

Gore was sold to anyone with money at certain record stores today.

Boxes and boxes of the album are sitting in stores and warehouses across the country.

Album status: sealed

Mind: Blown

That's right, i guess over a thousand ppl have the album already, no idea why it hasn't leaked yet.

Highdust

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 07:52 AM

I've never ever ever understood this though

People who don't want to pay for music are going to d/l and steal the album whether it's leaked a month early or whether its been out for three years. Just because something doesn't leak before the release date has no bearing on the matter. If the album leaks today or Wednesday night, it's still going to be bought by the ones who want to buy it and stolen buy the ones who don't want to pay for it.

An official album stream by the band is essentially the same thing because everyone still gets to hear it and decide whether to buy the actual music or not
I'm just reiterating one of his reasons that he probably didn't want to share?
Quote from: Highdust on Apr 03, 2016, 07:52 AM
Quote from: SCUM on Apr 03, 2016, 07:51 AM

They will, you're right, but why feed them early?

Highdust

I'm half drunk don't mind my babblings...

deftonesluvrbrazil

Now i ask, if YOU had the album, would you like to be the one who leaked? I wouldn't.

NYRexall

I blame the band for all this.

They told us it would be out in September or October, then November, and then made us wait all the way until fucking April for this album.

They knew as soon as they released that album tease two months ago that shit was going to ignite like wildfire. They're just being a bunch of dicks making us wait like this.

Fuck the Deftones and their awesome groundbreaking music. GODDAMN ASSPITS

Highdust

Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 03, 2016, 07:56 AM
Now i ask, if YOU had the album, would you like to be the one who leaked? I wouldn't.
Few more beers in you, would you?

SCUM

you're right. honestly i think it just stings because everyone thought they'd be listening to it by now

Highdust

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 07:58 AM
I blame the band for all this.

They told us it would be out in September or October, then November, and then made us wait all the way until fucking April for this album.

They knew as soon as they released that album tease two months ago that shit was going to ignite like wildfire. They're just being a bunch of dicks making us wait like this.

Fuck the Deftones and their awesome groundbreaking music. GODDAMN ASSPITS
Could be worse, fucking 10 years of yanking my dick for a new Tool album.

ANattyRat

No, but I also wouldn't say that I would. Anyway, didn't dude say he uploaded the album to a private forum, and they're the ones that shared the three songs or something? So he did leak it. Speaking of which, why the hell have they released three songs and not the whole thing? Who does that??? You've already leaked stuff, your conscience isn't clear, you might as well leak the whole thing, you know?