Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 09:29 AM
How are the vocal melodies on the album? Is it loaded to the gills with catchiness, or are the songs too weird and abstract to make them accessible on first listen?
Awesome, the instrumentals can be weird but Chino kind soars over top and doesn't get dragged in to the instruments alot better dynamics in terms of tone, he covers more somber moments reminiscent of smile and also has the uplifting moments people expect from KNY

BZA

How are the vocal melodies on the album? Is it loaded to the gills with catchiness, or are the songs too weird and abstract to make them accessible on first listen?

Extremely catchy vocals... Hats off to Chino, he's become a master at slipping his vocals in where they need to be and actually being an instrument... catchiest of any of the albums so far... These guys are seriously soaked in talent... I guess 20+ years in the game will do that... wow.

Substance Abuse

I'm thinking I'm going to buy the damn vinyl once I get the album from amazon next week.

WavesCollide

I've been lurking in this forum since the S/T days, been a fan since 2007. Would really appreciate if someone could help me out with a certain album.

I did purchase one of the bundles and I also jumped the gun and bought the Itunes version as well (got too excited)

EDIT: All good now, thank you!

deftonesluvrbrazil

U can hear that from the singles and songs that leaked, not catchy at all, linda weird, its nothng like Smile.

DFTNSHXGRM

sharinglungs

ornate headdress... my temptress...

love it..

holy shit..

Geometric Headdress... YES YES YES....

kameron632

Thanks Ves!

DFTNSHXGRM

I hate that its too late at night, and i've been drinking too much wine for me to take my ritual drive to listen to it. First album that I haven't done so. Oh well!

deftonesluvrbrazil

Quote from: BZA on Apr 03, 2016, 09:32 AM

Extremely catchy vocals... Hats off to Chino, he's become a master at slipping his vocals in where they need to be and actually being an instrument... catchiest of any of the albums so far... These guys are seriously soaked in talent... I guess 20+ years in the game will do that... wow.

Woah, I think the opposite.

CarloDefDonno

I am no noob. Please!

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk

elite54

What were the demos Chuck played? Didn't hear them on Phantom Bride, or am I nuts?

Vesanic

sharinglungs

Quote from: elite54 on Apr 03, 2016, 09:35 AM
What were the demos Chuck played? Didn't hear them on Phantom Bride, or am I nuts?

the chuck clips were never Phantom Bride, like i've been telling people all along lol

Substance Abuse

Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 03, 2016, 09:32 AM

U can hear that from the singles and songs that leaked, not catchy at all, linda weird, its nothng like Smile.

Chino is working with the music, not against it and the choruses aren't soaring like they were all over KNY. It's more appropriate on this record. I also see where Steph was coming from since this is such a diverse record. But man, he's got some heavy riffs on this. Doomed User and Gore are just walls of sound brutalizing you.

As as sentiment is concerned, this feels like a darker record, just not a heavy one. It isn't a plodding record by any means. The song sequencing is great too. The album flows well.

stu_101

Hearts/Wires is spectacular. Chino's vocals sounds so very vulnerable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharinglungs

Hearts/Wires.. here we go

BZA

The hi-hat one? Where they're sitting around the soundboard? That's Hearts/Wires when the drums kick in after the grumbly intro they played in concert...

Bergerac

No, it's the former. This album is very straightforward. You can tell Chino had the reigns. This is a somewhat softer album with an emphasis on sung parts. It's very melodic but I wouldn't say it was very left field.

You have some slow heaviness on Acid Hologram, Doomed User we've all heard, and Gore. Some alt timing on Geometric Headdress. Hearts/Wires and (L)MIRL are the slow burner long tracks in the vein of Tempest/Rosemary. Xenon is a likely single. Rubicon is the most upbeat and uptempo closer they've ever done.

elite54

Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 03, 2016, 09:36 AM

the chuck clips were never Phantom Bride, like i've been telling people all along lol

I wonder what they were. Certainly sounded like an 8 string.