Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonesluvrbrazil

I think there's nothing catchy about the vocals of the songs that leaked.  ??? Bye guys, going to bed.

sharinglungs

wow... at first I was thinking Hearts/Wires was going to be this slow trudge.. then it hits!

GR1X7S

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 03, 2016, 09:27 AM
OMG guys I am so sorry to tease but Rubicon........I am literally holding back tears. What a song. What a fucking song........

Spoiler Alert!!! In Rubicon Chino sings, not screams, what definitely sounds like "And the crowd goes wild......h" in the most beautiful way, multiple times.

Final thoughts after one full listen.......PT/DU/AH are easily my three least favorite tracks. From Geometric to the very end, it's a fucking wild ride that I believe fans are gonna LOVE. Maybe I listened to them too much today, but I think Gore and Phantom are my least favorite of the last seven songs. What I am TRYING TO SAY is the six you haven't heard are six of the best Deftones I have personally ever heard. If this album is this good on first listen and people say "it's a grower" then this motherfucker is a black hole that is going to suck up the universe with it's beauty and brutality. Maybe I am overreacting, but I have not felt this way about any music since I first heard ATF when I was 14 years old.

I just got chills reading this. I'm on the verge of tears with anticipation. Could someone bless me with a PM? I'm not on this site just for this, I've been lurking on here for years i just never made an account because I'm not really a socal online person but I fucking love Deftones. They're my absolute favorite thing in the world besides my lil boy.. I'll share the love on here as well if I get the rip.  You guys are awesome though. It's so cool to see so many people from all over who feel the same way about Deftones and their music.

elite54

Quote from: BZA on Apr 03, 2016, 09:37 AM
Quote from: elite54 on Apr 03, 2016, 09:35 AM
What were the demos Chuck played? Didn't hear them on Phantom Bride, or am I nuts?

The hi-hat one? Where they're sitting around the soundboard? That's Hearts/Wires when the drums kick in after the grumbly intro they played in concert...

No, there was a heavier one, he played several clips of. Safe to say it wasn't on Gore. Maybe the song that ended up being cut.

kingforaday

Would really appreciate a copy, guys  :'( raznotashow@gmail.com

DefJamz

Please some1 send me album orjanray@gmail.com

phil for real

Quote from: Bergerac on Apr 03, 2016, 09:38 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 09:29 AM
How are the vocal melodies on the album? Is it loaded to the gills with catchiness, or are the songs too weird and abstract to make them accessible on first listen?

No, it's the former. This album is very straightforward. You can tell Chino had the reigns. This is a somewhat softer album with an emphasis on sung parts. It's very melodic but I wouldn't say it was very left field.

You have some slow heaviness on Acid Hologram, Doomed User we've all heard, and Gore. Some alt timing on Geometric Headdress. Hearts/Wires and (L)MIRL are the slow burner long tracks in the vein of Tempest/Rosemary. Xenon is a likely single. Rubicon is the most upbeat and uptempo closer they've ever done.

Lol straightforward?  Bro.....no

stu_101

Surprised quite a few of the track titles are referenced in the lyrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bergerac

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 03, 2016, 09:41 AM
Quote from: Bergerac on Apr 03, 2016, 09:38 AM
How are the vocal melodies on the album? Is it loaded to the gills with catchiness, or are the songs too weird and abstract to make them accessible on first listen?

No, it's the former. This album is very straightforward. You can tell Chino had the reigns. This is a somewhat softer album with an emphasis on sung parts. It's very melodic but I wouldn't say it was very left field.

You have some slow heaviness on Acid Hologram, Doomed User we've all heard, and Gore. Some alt timing on Geometric Headdress. Hearts/Wires and (L)MIRL are the slow burner long tracks in the vein of Tempest/Rosemary. Xenon is a likely single. Rubicon is the most upbeat and uptempo closer they've ever done.

Lol straightforward?  Bro.....no

Context. In terms of his vocal melodies it is.

bangbang240

Oops, inbox cleared. Anyone want to hook a brother up?

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: stu_101 on Apr 03, 2016, 09:42 AM

Yeah, same here. I was noticing that too

phil for real

So much going on on this album.  So many layers.  Excellent work.  This honestly might be the best album they've written and I fully mean that.

MuffBiscuits

phil for real

Hearts/Wires is a fucking masterpiece. 

stemin84

I've pre ordered the mega bundle. If anyone could PM or email stemin84@gmail.com... I'd love you forever

ANattyRat

Both, really. Some very interesting vocal melodies that do take more than a few listens, but in a good way. It never feels jarring or like he's going against the music, it all just works.

Quote from: Deft_ones on Apr 03, 2016, 09:04 AM
Hearts/Wires live up to the hype?

Dude, yes. Oh my god yes.

sharinglungs

not sure how I feel about Pittura

phil for real

The part on LMIRL where Chino does the "hey" is so fucking amazing.

geraavl08

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 03, 2016, 09:44 AM
Quote from: stu_101 on Apr 03, 2016, 09:42 AM

Yeah, same here. I was noticing that too
Haven't heard the full album yet, but do you remember what songs are referenced?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

stu_101

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 03, 2016, 09:46 AM
The part on LMIRL where Chino does the "hey" is so fucking amazing.
100% yes! I fucking love this record.