Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

77years

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 01:37 PM
Acid Hologram has grown on me already. OK, it's just (L)MIRL I'm not sure about. Stef said he was hesitant to play on it because it made him think of serial killers and rape and stuff, and reviews said it sounded like the soundtrack to a psychological thriller. The intro and first verse, I can completely see that. It has a very dark and sinister feel to it. But then it just kind of sounds...happy, almost. Seems like a lot of hype was put on the darkness, but it doesn't last very long.

Great take on it, the second half is really ... soaring? But the beginning is the most sinister stuff in a while

Reichward

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 01:37 PM
Acid Hologram has grown on me already. OK, it's just (L)MIRL I'm not sure about. Stef said he was hesitant to play on it because it made him think of serial killers and rape and stuff, and reviews said it sounded like the soundtrack to a psychological thriller. The intro and first verse, I can completely see that. It has a very dark and sinister feel to it. But then it just kind of sounds...happy, almost. Seems like a lot of hype was put on the darkness, but it doesn't last very long.
Are you sure he didn't say that about Hearts/Wires?

Divided_Spirit

I just listened to the first 60 seconds of both the "vinyl rip" and the leaks4ever version of prayers/triangles and there is a DEFINITE improvement in quality jumping from the vinyl rip to the leaks4ever. Not to mention I can confirm it's nearly double the bitrate.

EDIT: As others have said I was BAMBOOZLED, it was just prayers/triangles and doomed user that were in 320. Boooooo.

77years

Quote from: Divided_Spirit on Apr 03, 2016, 01:40 PM
I just listened to the first 60 seconds of both the "vinyl rip" and the leaks4ever version of prayers/triangles and there is a DEFINITE improvement in quality jumping from the vinyl rip to the leaks4ever. Not to mention I can confirm it's nearly double the bitrate.

Yes but one of the vinyl rips that made it onto a site had P/T and DU from the digital versions replacing the vinyl rip versions. You have to skip to something besides PT or DU

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

underneaththecar

Best album since Self Titled for me for sure

moskwality

Quote from: Knucklestones on Jan 28, 2016, 07:49 PM
I don't know how to use Shazam, though. I can give you guys the mp3s. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8-_yk0wdmXFNHYzbUlaZDg5ajQ&usp=sharing

So which tracks do these clips belong to? I'm having trouble placing the 2nd and 3rd?

RaptureWS

Quote from: Capt Snow on Apr 03, 2016, 01:38 PM
Rubicon has such an awesome, sick melody.
Rubicon is my new favorite song I believe.

Of all time, that is. What a glorious fucking day.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Divided_Spirit

Quote from: 77years on Apr 03, 2016, 01:41 PM
Quote from: Divided_Spirit on Apr 03, 2016, 01:40 PM

Yes but one of the vinyl rips that made it onto a site had P/T and DU from the digital versions replacing the vinyl rip versions. You have to skip to something besides PT or DU

You're absolutely right. I edited my post. I is a dummy.  :-X

RaptureWS

Quote from: moskwality on Apr 03, 2016, 01:43 PM
Quote from: Knucklestones on Jan 28, 2016, 07:49 PM
I don't know how to use Shazam, though. I can give you guys the mp3s. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8-_yk0wdmXFNHYzbUlaZDg5ajQ&usp=sharing

So which tracks do these clips belong to? I'm having trouble placing the 2nd and 3rd?
I don't think anyone knows but I am dying to find out. Those absolutely sound like something Deftones would do. Even that first one is not the Cantrell solo on Phantom. This is something I am going to keep for awhile and Shazam periodically. I have to know what this was...

underneaththecar

good vibes all around...what a great day! :)

ghettovaquero

This is so good. Fuck!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

77years

The last 5 tracks are like a completely separate album

It's hard not to get into the last part of the album and get the urge to start over with Xenon

It's not a diss to the first 6 tracks, just... that is where things really fucking take the fuck off

underneaththecar

Quote from: 77years on Apr 03, 2016, 01:51 PM

It's hard not to get into the last part of the album and get the urge to start over with Xenon

It's not a diss to the first 6 tracks, just... that is where things really fucking take the fuck off

I dunno man acid hologram tho....

77years

Quote from: underneaththecar on Apr 03, 2016, 01:53 PM

I dunno man acid hologram tho....

Yeah that is perfectly placed. It also seems to contrast with PT perfectly

ghettovaquero

I cried when I listened to h/w

Mr Blonde

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 03, 2016, 01:44 PM
Quote from: Capt Snow on Apr 03, 2016, 01:38 PM
Rubicon has such an awesome, sick melody.
Rubicon is my new favorite song I believe.

Of all time, that is. What a glorious fucking day.

Chorus reminds me of Pink Maggit I'm a weird way.   One of the best closers they've done, maybe the best

77years

Quote from: ghettovaquero on Apr 03, 2016, 01:54 PM
I cried when I listened to h/w

You better save some tears

RaptureWS

I agree kind of...I think it takes off at Geometric. My 2nd fav track on the album. So good all around though. Even Prayers and Doomed sounds sooo much better in context of this album.

dp311

hearts/wires till the end is so damn good.