Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptureWS

Quote from: ghettovaquero on Apr 03, 2016, 01:54 PM
I cried when I listened to h/w

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rubicon made me do the laugh/cry thing. Real talk. Like he said, save some tears.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

RaptureWS

Quote from: dp311 on Apr 03, 2016, 01:58 PM
geometric headdress till the end is so damn good.

Fixed.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

underneaththecar

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 03, 2016, 01:57 PM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 03, 2016, 01:51 PM
The last 5 tracks are like a completely separate album

It's hard not to get into the last part of the album and get the urge to start over with Xenon

It's not a diss to the first 6 tracks, just... that is where things really fucking take the fuck off

I agree kind of...I think it takes off at Geometric. My 2nd fav track on the album. So good all around though. Even Prayers and Doomed sounds sooo much better in context of this album.

That's the awesome part everyone has their different favorites so far...but I think everyone agrees the album is a homerun overall.....I personally can't hear one song that isn't captivating in one way or another

77years

Yeah the entire last half is fucking emotionally draining as hell, scroll back at someone's take that Rubicon is Chino singing about Deftones... wild shit... just really hard to handle how intense as fuck this album is

illthrowROCKS@U

Acid Hologram sounds to me like if The Smiths went metal.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Hidalgo

woah, this album is freakin great. i need to listen to it a few more times, but i'm really impressed

deftjess

can i have someone pm me please

pinata89

Just woke up. How can i get this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77years

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 03, 2016, 02:00 PM
Acid Hologram sounds to me like if The Smiths went metal.

Totally... I think Chino's lifetime addiction to melting pop heaviness has peaked big time

ANattyRat

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 03, 2016, 01:39 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 01:37 PM
Acid Hologram has grown on me already. OK, it's just (L)MIRL I'm not sure about. Stef said he was hesitant to play on it because it made him think of serial killers and rape and stuff, and reviews said it sounded like the soundtrack to a psychological thriller. The intro and first verse, I can completely see that. It has a very dark and sinister feel to it. But then it just kind of sounds...happy, almost. Seems like a lot of hype was put on the darkness, but it doesn't last very long.
Are you sure he didn't say that about Hearts/Wires?

Nah, it was definitely (L)MIRL. I can't find the interview, I have no idea where he said it, but it was recent.

I love how overwhelmingly positive everyone is about this album. I hope it stays even when the hype has died down.

77years

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 02:02 PM
Acid Hologram has grown on me already. OK, it's just (L)MIRL I'm not sure about. Stef said he was hesitant to play on it because it made him think of serial killers and rape and stuff, and reviews said it sounded like the soundtrack to a psychological thriller. The intro and first verse, I can completely see that. It has a very dark and sinister feel to it. But then it just kind of sounds...happy, almost. Seems like a lot of hype was put on the darkness, but it doesn't last very long.

Nah, it was definitely (L)MIRL. I can't find the interview, I have no idea where he said it, but it was recent.

I love how overwhelmingly positive everyone is about this album. I hope it stays even when the hype has died down.

Was it the Rolling Stone thing?

guizz

So i just heard one song, Acid Hologram, and I could barely hear the drum, does it sound like that for the whole album? I'm not complaining at all, just wondering. I don't want to ruin the album with bad audio.

77years

Quote from: guizz on Apr 03, 2016, 02:03 PM
So i just heard one song, Acid Hologram, and I could barely hear the drum, does it sound like that for the whole album? I'm not complaining at all, just wondering. I don't want to ruin the album with bad audio.

It's a vinyl rip, it's all we have right now. Don't do an engineering assessment yet

Taurini82

Was on this forum all yesterday just woken up to over a 100 more pages can someone kindly link me up to the new album  ;) :D

ANattyRat

Quote from: 77years on Apr 03, 2016, 02:03 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 02:02 PM

Was it the Rolling Stone thing?

Yeah, he did say it about Hearts/Wires, my bad. I guess I blurred what he said with the 'psychological thriller soundtrack' comment, haha.

BlueBackpack

fell asleep at like 3 am yesterday, looks like some didnt even sleep lol

how can I get the album? thanks guys

guizz

Quote from: 77years on Apr 03, 2016, 02:04 PM
Quote from: guizz on Apr 03, 2016, 02:03 PM

It's a vinyl rip, it's all we have right now. Don't do an engineering assessment yet
cool. yeah, ill wait for a better quality! thanks!

deftjess

me too can i have link pm me please

daicula

PM?
Or would someone like to email again? 
Greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Jdubzor

Just woke up  :( , can I get a PM for the link to the album please?