Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinojos

Quote from: snw9 on Apr 05, 2016, 12:23 AM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Apr 05, 2016, 12:22 AM
The chorus of Rubicon is the most beautiful thing to have ever graced my ears

If you had to compare it to another deftones' song, what comes closest? Still waiting for my copy to drop.

To be completely honest, I can't really compare it to another Deftones song at all. It's just so refreshing. I read about people comparing it to Damone, but I don't see it. I was thinking a faster paced The Boys Republic, but not even that. The only way I can describe it is by saying that it soars, which is exactly what other people have said too. Everyone is on point, but Chino shines in this one for me.

B_S_79

He said the girl at the register is a fan so she flagged down the manager immediately. Manager pulled all of them from the shelves. They are gone now he said.

UNBELIEVABLE.

I would've rather not seen it.

gwenudo

Quote from: B_S_79 on Apr 05, 2016, 12:37 AM
He said the girl at the register is a fan so she flagged down the manager immediately. Manager pulled all of them from the shelves. They are gone now he said.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Whatta cunt
Was it like it seemed?...

B_S_79

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 12:38 AM
Quote from: B_S_79 on Apr 05, 2016, 12:37 AM

UNBELIEVABLE.

Whatta cunt

He literally texted me the same exact thing. Lol

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: snw9 on Apr 05, 2016, 12:23 AM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Apr 05, 2016, 12:22 AM
The chorus of Rubicon is the most beautiful thing to have ever graced my ears

If you had to compare it to another deftones' song, what comes closest? Still waiting for my copy to drop.

There's nothing comparable, honestly. It's super melodic, but not in a slow, ballad-like way. Rather very dynamic with lead guitar notes played during the chorus, yet still has some heavy riffage throughout the song. You'll like it if you dig songs like Kimdracula, however this one's even more varied, heavy yet melodic.

B_S_79

He told her "it's on the shelf I should be able to purchase it."

She said "There's a warning on the register when I scan it to not sell until Friday."

So...that's that.

pinata89

Rubicon is probably the best Deftones album closer of all time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77years

According to my friend who is a Target manager they are in all Targets but the cd is "street dated" in the system and they can't ring it up, even with a manager override FUCK

shine down unshy

Yeah that's rough. They can't bypass that warning.  There's no way they can complete a transaction whenever that pops up.  I work there so I know firsthand.  Unless you found some poor lost soul working in the electronics and slipped him a $20, you weren't going to walk out of that store with a copy.

King Leer

This album is very very good. it sounds very sinister. i will say this... im super bummed out that i caved in this is so good that the shitty quality running around doesn't do it justice.

Wraith584

Quote from: Wraith584 on Apr 05, 2016, 12:02 AM
I was kindly given a PM with a link to the vinyl leak yesterday, but it turned out the link was to the fake

can someone please help me out here?

please :(

beaverwithfishyshoes

lets all chip in some $$ to bail out the one who's gonna steal it.

gwenudo

Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Apr 05, 2016, 12:54 AM
I still dont understand this logic lol if he steals it hes gonna get locked up, and im sure the store will claim their merchandise lol its a loose loose situation really

77years

my target manager friend said $10K fine

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Wraith584 on Apr 05, 2016, 12:52 AM
Quote from: Wraith584 on Apr 05, 2016, 12:02 AM
I was kindly given a PM with a link to the vinyl leak yesterday, but it turned out the link was to the fake

can someone please help me out here?

please :(

Www.google.com
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

77years

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 12:57 AM
I still dont understand this logic lol if he steals it hes gonna get locked up, and im sure the store will claim their merchandise lol its a loose loose situation really

Cameras everywhere in that place. They'd get him

beansandcornbread

My friend stole Ozzy's No More Tears, from Target in 1991 for me.  He was a fat bastard and still made it without a problem.  Good times.

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 12:57 AM

yeah he needs to rip and upload it before getting caught. or passed to someone ripping it, denying this person's existence and 'having lost' the album. still realistic scenarios i think.

gwenudo

Quote from: beansandcornbread on Apr 05, 2016, 01:02 AM
My friend stole Ozzy's No More Tears, from Target in 1991 for me.  He was a fat bastard and still made it without a problem.  Good times.
Id like to point out that that was 25 years ago......... Lol

77years