Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divided_Spirit

OK so I am seriously considering this scenario:

Go to Target, naively place record in buggy with other items and continue to shop, while doing so I open the CD to "check for a lyric book" since I'm going to pay for it when my wife is done shopping anyway, at this point I pull the CD out and put it in my laptop which is in the buggy and begin ripping it while I shop. When I get to the register I hand them the CD with the rest of my items only to be told "sorry we can't sell this yet"... to which I respond " oh that suckkkkks I already opened it", and I'm sure they'll still take it back, but I will have it floating in the digital ether already. ;)

beansandcornbread

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 01:03 AM
Quote from: beansandcornbread on Apr 05, 2016, 01:02 AM
My friend stole Ozzy's No More Tears, from Target in 1991 for me.  He was a fat bastard and still made it without a problem.  Good times.
Id like to point out that that was 25 years ago......... Lol

Very true.  I would like to think, if you ran out the door and dropped a couple of twentys they would let it slide. 

Probably not.  The dicks.

shine down unshy

Quote from: Divided_Spirit on Apr 05, 2016, 01:10 AM

Go to Target, naively place record in buggy with other items and continue to shop, while doing so I open the CD to "check for a lyric book" since I'm going to pay for it when my wife is done shopping anyway, at this point I pull the CD out and put it in my laptop which is in the buggy and begin ripping it while I shop. When I get to the register I hand them the CD with the rest of my items only to be told "sorry we can't sell this yet"... to which I respond " oh that suckkkkks I already opened it", and I'm sure they'll still take it back, but I will have it floating in the digital ether already. ;)

I wouldn't open it and then and tell them you opened it dude.  Come on.

That is kind of sneaky though..

SCUM

bro. if you pull that off you will be legend

colonelsausage

snozzberry 8) ::) :P

gwenudo

Back then i used to go to walmart and get a cd i wanted and take it to the toy section and id shove it behind toys and act as if im looking at the toys while unwrapping the plastic, once i was done id stick the disc in my pocket and sometimes the booklet and leave lol. Not anymore though, shits scary as hell and stupid really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

Freedomsoldier17

shoplifting is bad everyone

Divided_Spirit

Quote from: shine down unshy on Apr 05, 2016, 01:13 AM

I wouldn't open it and then and tell them you opened it dude.  Come on.

That is kind of sneaky though..

Why not? I had no idea I wouldn't be able to buy it in this scenario, and as long as i bring it to the register with intent to pay for it everything is legit. It's just like opening a drink to sip it before you pay for it.

Freedomsoldier17

also geometric headdress is fucking awesome

beaverwithfishyshoes

go for it.

NYRexall

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 04, 2016, 01:06 PM
what the fuck is crest

It's a song from the Gore sessions that from_musings has never heard, but probably still believes is better than 3/4 of the album

Just like Eros, which he also hasn't heard, but swears is one of the greatest things the band has ever done  ::)

glassJAw78

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 01:15 AM
Back then i used to go to walmart and get a cd i wanted and take it to the toy section and id shove it behind toys and act as if im looking at the toys while unwrapping the plastic, once i was done id stick the disc in my pocket and sometimes the booklet and leave lol. Not anymore though, shits scary as hell and stupid really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Used to do the same thing.

BallZDeeP

Quote from: SCUM on Apr 05, 2016, 01:14 AM

bro. if you pull that off you will be legend
Hahhaha!! Love this idea

77years

Will be hard to appreciate LMIRL from the confines of the county jail

77years

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Apr 05, 2016, 01:20 AM
also geometric headdress is fucking awesome

I want the lyrics to that so bad

cvthedrv

duddeeeeeeeee get fucking drunk and steal the damn cd, what a bunch of pussies (with love).

gwenudo

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 05, 2016, 01:25 AM
duddeeeeeeeee get fucking drunk and steal the damn cd, what a bunch of pussies (with love).
You do it then m8
Was it like it seemed?...

Divided_Spirit

The worst part of this is that I just called my local mom and pop store where they have broken Street date for me in the past plenty of times and the guy told me he didn't place the order until today because he hadn't had anyone ask for it so he didn't think he needed to have it early. He said if I'd asked him last week he could have had it for me tomorrow. : /

77years

Quote from: Divided_Spirit on Apr 05, 2016, 01:26 AM
The worst part of this is that I just called my local mom and pop store where they have broken Street date for me in the past plenty of times and the guy told me he didn't place the order until today because he hadn't had anyone ask for it so he didn't think he needed to have it early. He said if I'd asked him last week he could have had it for me tomorrow. : /

I'm checking my mom & pop tomorrow morning at 730 central.  I think I might get it. The guy owes me because I gave him a rare Dream Syndicate LP.

Inkblades

(L)MIJ - Let's Meet in Jail.