Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2MoreHours

Quote from: Divided_Spirit on Apr 05, 2016, 01:10 AM
OK so I am seriously considering this scenario:

Go to Target, naively place record in buggy with other items and continue to shop, while doing so I open the CD to "check for a lyric book" since I'm going to pay for it when my wife is done shopping anyway, at this point I pull the CD out and put it in my laptop which is in the buggy and begin ripping it while I shop. When I get to the register I hand them the CD with the rest of my items only to be told "sorry we can't sell this yet"... to which I respond " oh that suckkkkks I already opened it", and I'm sure they'll still take it back, but I will have it floating in the digital ether already. ;)

Brilliant!  Someone give this man a blowjob.

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 05, 2016, 01:25 AM
duddeeeeeeeee get fucking drunk and steal the damn cd, what a bunch of pussies (with love).

if they catch you make it a GOREY scene

cvthedrv

DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

NYRexall

Quote from: punkflop01 on Apr 04, 2016, 02:40 PM
http://www.spin.com/2016/04/spin-interview-deftones-gore-new-album/

I read this earlier today. Lots of interesting tidbits to glean from it..

Not the least of which Chino claiming that the Eros stuff was a meandering, uninspired jam session that was still half a year (at least) from completion at the time Chi had his accident. In other words, it was a continuation of what many feel the SNW sessions were, except the band were on friendly terms again and actually all in the same room this time. It wasn't until the writing and recording of DE when he claims they got their groove back

Can't say I'm surprised to hear this. Eros never struck me as anything more than a half-completed album session/recovery phase the band were struggling with at the time the accident occurred.

cvthedrv

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 01:26 AM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 05, 2016, 01:25 AM
duddeeeeeeeee get fucking drunk and steal the damn cd, what a bunch of pussies (with love).
You do it then m8

Im a 3rd world person, i'd do it if i could :(, here is going to arrive only in small markets.

Freedomsoldier17

(L)MIRL makes me think of a galaxy

Inkblades

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 01:31 AM
Quote from: punkflop01 on Apr 04, 2016, 02:40 PM
http://www.spin.com/2016/04/spin-interview-deftones-gore-new-album/

I read this earlier today. Lots of interesting tidbits to glean from it..

Not the least of which Chino claiming that the Eros stuff was a meandering, uninspired jam session that was still half a year (at least) from completion at the time Chi had his accident. In other words, it was a continuation of what many feel the SNW sessions were, except the band were on friendly terms again and actually all in the same room this time. It wasn't until the writing and recording of DE when he claims they got their groove back

Can't say I'm surprised to hear this. Eros never struck me as anything more than a half-completed album session/recovery phase the band were struggling with at the time the accident occurred.

Maybe, but I've loved pretty much all the stuff I've heard from it (Melanie, Smile, that Youtube jam). Also, Abe, Frank and, most importantly, Chi are all on record saying there's really great material on Eros.

SCUM

i once had reliable mom/pop stores that would often break street date but they have all closed since. fucking sucks. i'd have to trek to the city to find the album

2MoreHours

To borrow from the earlier Target plan...Someone could take an old Deftones CD with them, open the new album and put the old disk in the package.  Put the new CD in their pocket.  Go to the register to pay and say "Opps I already opened it." They pull the disk out and it says Deftones (Self Titled would work).  They tell you you can't buy it and you leave.  Play Gore the way home.

NYRexall

All this talk about this album being weird, experimental, unlike anything the band has ever done...would any of you safely assert that this album, years from now, will be looked back on as a blueprint for a new sound in modern-day hard rock? Kind of like the way people look at albums like SDRE's Diary, STT's Pony Express Record or MBV's Isn't Anything and say "Yep, there's definitely elements of the sound Deftones pioneered on their album Gore"

Or is it more a case of "It's a Deftones record, just a different-sounding kind of Deftones record"?

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 01:43 AM
All this talk about this album being weird, experimental, unlike anything the band has ever done...would any of you safely assert that this album, years from now, will be looked back on as a blueprint for a new sound in modern-day hard rock? Kind of like the way people look at albums like SDRE's Diary, STT's Pony Express Record or MBV's Isn't Anything and say "Yep, there's definitely elements of the sound Deftones pioneered on their album Gore"

Or is it more a case of "It's a Deftones record, just a different-sounding kind of Deftones record"?

it's hard to say -- stuff like that is difficult to predict. it's an awesome thought though...we'll be all older and stuff reminiscing to our kids, saying...hey i remember we were so desperate to hear that thing...downloading these toss up links that could have been computer destroying viruses just to get a piece

Inkblades

No, IMHO. I really like it, but it's not going to influence other bands the way White Pony did.

77years

Geometric Headdress = Afternoon With the Axolotls on speed

kly617

I'm thinking the latter

Inkblades

Well, then again, who the hell am I to say? Maybe it will influence bands in the future. I think I'm just hesitant to say it will pioneer anything because it has such a 90's alternative sound to me.

SCUM

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 05, 2016, 01:50 AM
Well, then again, who the hell am I to say? Maybe it will influence bands in the future. I think I'm just hesitant to say it will pioneer anything because it has such a 90's alternative sound to me.

you may be surprised. alot of these kids never heard of hum, failure and even fuckin faith no more (which i still hear signs of FNM in the deftones to this very day). deftones is bringing that sound to the forefront but once again as always in their own way. i feel this album has gotten the proper hype but maybe not the best press.  i can see bitchfork giving a back handed compliment to the album because they even won't be able to deny this album called "Gore" is some powerful shit. it will turn heads

NYRexall

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Apr 05, 2016, 01:47 AM
downloading these toss up links that could have been computer destroying viruses just to get a piece

i.e. pretty much every Deftones album since WP  ;D

NYRexall

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 05, 2016, 01:40 AM
Maybe, but I've loved pretty much all the stuff I've heard from it (Melanie, Smile, that Youtube jam). Also, Abe, Frank and, most importantly, Chi are all on record saying there's really great material on Eros.

Chino obviously thinks its mediocre and Steph's probably like "it'd be fine of it had more heavy guitar on it..."

NYRexall

Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 01:48 AM

I thought everyone was saying GH was a weird experimental "WTF is this" track?

So it's a sonic rager, or...?

pinata89

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 01:59 AM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 01:48 AM

I thought everyone was saying GH was a weird experimental "WTF is this" track?

So it's a sonic rager, or...?
I'd call it more of a WTF is this track lol