Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 01:59 AM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 01:48 AM
Geometric Headdress = Afternoon With the Axolotls on speed

I thought everyone was saying GH was a weird experimental "WTF is this" track?

So it's a sonic rager, or...?
Geo is basically 3 songs in one. Its fast, weird, and melodic.
Was it like it seemed?...

pinata89

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 02:00 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 01:59 AM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 01:48 AM
Geometric Headdress = Afternoon With the Axolotls on speed

I thought everyone was saying GH was a weird experimental "WTF is this" track?

So it's a sonic rager, or...?
Good way to describe it

NYRexall

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 05, 2016, 01:50 AM
I think I'm just hesitant to say it will pioneer anything because it has such a 90's alternative sound to me.

Hmmm

You're definitely not the first to mention Gore having a 90s alternative sound, which I'm very keen to hear

So it's basically a case of if Deftones had made a record conglomerating all their 90s alternative influences? Some are saying 80s metal, others are saying 90s alternative, but those are two very different sounds and genres..

All this pondering just = holy fuck I can't wait to hear this thing in a few days  :D

pinata89

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 02:02 AM
I think I'm just hesitant to say it will pioneer anything because it has such a 90's alternative sound to me.

Hmmm

You're definitely not the first to mention Gore having a 90s alternative sound, which I'm very keen to hear

So it's basically a case of if Deftones had made a record conglomerating all their 90s alternative influences? Some are saying 80s metal, others are saying 90s alternative, but those are two very different sounds and genres..

All this pondering just = holy fuck I can't wait to hear this thing in a few days  :D
I can't wait for you to hear it. It's fantastic.

Inkblades

Quote from: SCUM on Apr 05, 2016, 01:54 AM
Well, then again, who the hell am I to say? Maybe it will influence bands in the future. I think I'm just hesitant to say it will pioneer anything because it has such a 90's alternative sound to me.

you may be surprised. alot of these kids never heard of hum, failure and even fuckin faith no more (which i still hear signs of FNM in the deftones to this very day). deftones is bringing that sound to the forefront but once again as always in their own way. i feel this album has gotten the proper hype but maybe not the best press.  i can see bitchfork giving a back handed compliment to the album because they even won't be able to deny this album called "Gore" is some powerful shit. it will turn heads

True. And the Pitchfork review will be, err, interesting. The guy who has been giving middling reviews to Chino's side project releases is actually a big Deftones fan and seems to love KNY. I can't agree with him that KNY is better than classic Team Sleep songs performed live and Crosses, but hey, to each their own.

NYRexall

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 02:00 AM

And in only 3.5 minutes? This is going to really be something..

Inkblades

The heavy parts on Geometric > The heavy parts on Gore

;D

77years

Geometric headdress is so fucking weird

Acid hologram, however, which really does have an Afternoon w the Axolotls sound (same chords) is just way devastating

Those 2 tracks are SICK.  So hard to say which Gore tracks are "best"

pinata89

Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 02:06 AM

Acid hologram, however, which really does have an Afternoon w the Axolotls sound (same chords) is just way devastating

It really is! I keep bouncing around, they have their own awesome characteristics.

NYRexall

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 05, 2016, 02:03 AM

You can't wait? Dude, this is like sadomasochistic, reading everyone talk about this thing without yet hearing more than a few bars from that initial teaser. I'm like burning around the edges here  ;D

NYRexall

Just so you know, I'm seriously going to dick-punch you if I listen to this thing on Friday and it sounds nothing like Hum/STT/Cat. Wheel, etc.

cvthedrv

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 02:07 AM

You can't wait? Dude, this is like sadomasochistic, reading everyone talk about this thing without yet hearing more than a few bars from that initial teaser. I'm like burning around the edges here  ;D

dude, dont do it, the wait will worth the pain, trust me.

pinata89

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 05, 2016, 02:10 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 02:07 AM

I mean, i've already heard it...like 100x lol. I was just telling NYRexall he's in for a treat

NYRexall

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 05, 2016, 02:10 AM

Trust me, I'm not listening to any rip or stream or anything else until the 8th when I have the actual thing in my hands.

Because really, the only thing nearly as good as a new Deftones album is the hype run-up to it on SL..

77years

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 02:09 AM

Just so you know, I'm seriously going to dick-punch you if I listen to this thing on Friday and it sounds nothing like Hum/STT/Cat. Wheel, etc.

Lol.  "Rubicon" is directly influenced by "Broken Nose" from Adam & Eve

pinata89

Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 02:14 AM

The chord phrasing and structure reminds a lot of something Failure would write

77years

Acid Hologram sounds like a lost outtake from "Get Your Goat".  For real.  It hit me IMMEDIATELY

The ambient interludes between the tracks (intro to LMIRL etc) are very similar to the Tremolo EP

I'm not joshing. This stuff is very heavy influenced  but at the same time, it's them

NYRexall

NYRexall's top 11 Gore songs he really wants to hear:

1. Rubicon
2. Phantom Bride
3. Hearts/Wires
4. Geometric Headdress
5. Acid Hologram
6. (L)MIRL
7. Gore
8. Xenon
9. Pittura Infamante
10. Doomed User
11. Prayers/Triangles

I need to PM this list to myself so I can come back in three months and see how close the hype was to what I actually thought once I got familiar with them..

77years

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 05, 2016, 02:15 AM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 02:14 AM

The chord phrasing and structure reminds a lot of something Failure would write

Oh no doubt.  With a soaring vocalist.

NYRexall

Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 02:17 AM
Acid Hologram sounds like a lost outtake from "Get Your Goat".

Whaaaat? No fuckin' way...