Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlaggot

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 06, 2016, 04:09 PM
Yeah I'm completely fine w the direction they're going.  I've always wanted them to do a very mellow spacey album full of songs like Digital Bath, Rx Queen, Sextape, Rosemary, Hearts/Wires, etc.  Would love that.

This. The best stuff they've written since S/T has been the moody songs. Hell the only good songs off of SNW were the soft ones (Cherry Waves, Beware, Xerces). Sure they've had a few good bangers since then like Rocket Skates, Royal, or Poltergeist but they're very few and far between.

An album with the passion/atmosphere/sexiness of songs like Smile, Sextape, Rosemary, Hearts/Wires, Cherry Waves, etc would probably end up being my favorite of theirs of all time.

luisch

Yeah I'm completely fine w the direction they're going.  I've always wanted them to do a very mellow spacey album full of songs like Digital Bath, Rx Queen, Sextape, Rosemary, Hearts/Wires, etc.  Would love that.

This.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

blondie

i'm not sure why chino is crying about the album leaking. i'm gonna bet almost everyone is going to have the album through spotify or some other streaming service. having a cd is an inconvenience and just archaic. having the vinyl version is for a niche crowd.

stop acting like you don't know what's up, chino.

Freedomsoldier17

I disagree, I think the constant duality between mellow and aggressive in their songs and albums alike is what has made them who they are.

77years

This was an album that was delayed from last summer, ostensibly for mixing reasons, but also probably for marketing reasons. Everyone who will buy it will buy it. I will probably make up for a third of the forum on my purchases alone.

If anything the band did a phenomenal job keeping it under wraps until this late in the game.

phil for real

Quote from: jlaggot on Apr 06, 2016, 04:54 PM

This. The best stuff they've written since S/T has been the moody songs. Hell the only good songs off of SNW were the soft ones (Cherry Waves, Beware, Xerces). Sure they've had a few good bangers since then like Rocket Skates, Royal, or Poltergeist but they're very few and far between.

An album with the passion/atmosphere/sexiness of songs like Smile, Sextape, Rosemary, Hearts/Wires, Cherry Waves, etc would probably end up being my favorite of theirs of all time.

Yeah def.  Like I said, I've just never been a Deftones fan for the heaviness.  It's the spacey, haunting, beautiful, dark sounds that draw me in.  I don't mind a heavy riff or whatever, but it's all about the mood.  They just write good songs.  I'm just not into heavier bands anymore either.  Doesn't do it for me.  It's much more difficult to write songs like they have from White Pony to now than song that are purely heavy.  Much more impressive.

77years

And godDAMNNN Sergio on Xenon....

Capt Snow

Dude you don't know what you are talking about, RATS and Rapture are amazing songs.

redeemer96

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 06, 2016, 04:51 PM
Quote from: redeemer96 on Apr 06, 2016, 04:49 PM
So is the V0 quality version Ive been seeing everywhere a direct CD rip or what kind is it?

Been listening nonstop, while not the best its one of their best albums nd Im sure most people here will agree.

Ripped directly from CD.  A member on here (who shall remain nameless, unless they choose to throw their name out that is) was fortunate enough to get their hands on a copy.  He had a friend (also on this forum) do all the dirty work in creating the file and it was distributed from there with the help of a few other forum members.

Gotcha, I know who you are talking about lol. Mr.lungs sent me a different quality which sounded great with my headphones but weird through my speakers

phil for real

Quote from: Capt Snow on Apr 06, 2016, 05:08 PM

Dude you don't know what you are talking about, RATS and Rapture are amazing songs.

I hate the way those songs are produced.  Horrible.  I love the verses in Rats.  Would have been a much better song if they would have stayed w the dreamy sounds they captured on the verses, but the screaming parts just don't really do it for me. 

BlackDiamondSkye

I am really digging this album so far (still shitty vinyl rip though). I usually like their heavier/more energetic songs just because they have a unique style to tackling heaviness, like a mixture of rock and metal with some style added in. Loved songs like Leathers and Graphic Nature on the last album for those reasons.

This one has taken me a bit of time to sink in, but I love the diversity in this album. I fully believe this group has the greatest discography ever, there is a Deftones song for anyone.

Freedomsoldier17

regardless of what one thinks of an album...I think it's an absolutely awesome feeling to dive into new material which you've been waiting on for years for the first time.  While I was listening I was so excited and at peace.

phil for real

Yeah Gore is just a great album.  As I've said before, Deftones didn't become Deftones to me until White Pony.  They truly found themselves on that album and from that point on have been spectacular.

77years

Quote from: BlackDiamondSkye on Apr 06, 2016, 05:15 PM
there is a Deftones song for anyone.

I love that thought. Very few bands are like this

2MoreHours

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 06, 2016, 05:10 PM
Quote from: Capt Snow on Apr 06, 2016, 05:08 PM

I hate the way those songs are produced.  Horrible.  I love the verses in Rats.  Would have been a much better song if they would have stayed w the dreamy sounds they captured on the verses, but the screaming parts just don't really do it for me.

I love Rats and Rapture too.  They are just so heavy and almost make me feel like I'm about to go insane.  They pretty much touch on every point on the emotional spectrum which few bands do.

E-Money

Hey Luisch what's good with those rubicon lyrics!?!? Thx bro

mono

true this

kleptoned

Hearts/Wires has a Chris Isaak "Wicked Games" vibe with alot of the effects in it... Is it just me???

77years

This album is a stone-cold masterpiece

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: 77years on Apr 06, 2016, 05:04 PM
This was an album that was delayed from last summer, ostensibly for mixing reasons, but also probably for marketing reasons. Everyone who will buy it will buy it. I will probably make up for a third of the forum on my purchases alone.

If anything the band did a phenomenal job keeping it under wraps until this late in the game.

Yeah really.  I myself count for at least 8 or so copies.  I preordered the 180g vinyl, I ordered 6 tickets for me and my family which each came with a download link that will be used, and I'll probably end up buying the CD on Friday anyway just to play in the car.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem