Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicklav

Quote from: invalidses on Apr 06, 2016, 11:19 PM
Quote from: nicklav on Apr 06, 2016, 11:04 PM
Quote from: invalidses on Apr 06, 2016, 11:02 PM
personally, I'm really impressed with the album from start to finish. its a beautiful piece of art. every album has been a wild ride.

at 15 years old adrenaline struck a chord.

at 35 gore hits again.

deftones have been providing the soundtrack of my life. i got to tell them all that on the taste of chaos tour in sacramento.

I was at that show! Did you see the guy who flipped off Pelican during their entire set? Note: I should say that it wasn't me doing that haha! It was just interesting to see this dude standing out on his own flipping off a band.

i was on the stef's side of the stage that night. it was definitely one for the ages.

That's the side I was on too. Glad you got to experience it like that.

77years

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 06, 2016, 11:21 PM
Lemme rate..keep in mind i am older than 90% of you and my tastes have changed a lot more after my mid/late 30's and into my 40's again

WP
Gore
ATF
ST
DE
Adrenaline
KNY
SNW

I almost put Gore at the top only because it brings me back to a 90's/2000 era and i miss that chunk of time of my life. I used to be very picky with what I listened to and wasnt very open to new music..i would barely recommend anything to anyone, and kept it to myself.
I gave an old navy friend a taste of it thinking he wouldnt dig it because of his tastes and boy was I wrong. He feels the same way about the 90's vibe to it..pretty cool if i may say so

Anyways thats my 2 cents. Thanks

I'm older and I say SNW is awesome as fuck

But your list is pretty accurate

SCUM

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 06, 2016, 11:21 PM
Lemme rate..keep in mind i am older than 90% of you and my tastes have changed a lot more after my mid/late 30's and into my 40's again

WP
Gore
ATF
ST
DE
Adrenaline
KNY
SNW

I almost put Gore at the top only because it brings me back to a 90's/2000 era and i miss that chunk of time of my life. I used to be very picky with what I listened to and wasnt very open to new music..i would barely recommend anything to anyone, and kept it to myself.
I gave an old navy friend a taste of it thinking he wouldnt dig it because of his tastes and boy was I wrong. He feels the same way about the 90's vibe to it..pretty cool if i may say so

Anyways thats my 2 cents. Thanks

same as you..older than most here. your list is virtually the same as mine except GORE hasn't bumped ATF...yet. the more i listen thou..it's getting closer and closer..

invalidses

Quote from: nicklav on Apr 06, 2016, 11:24 PM
Quote from: invalidses on Apr 06, 2016, 11:19 PM
Quote from: nicklav on Apr 06, 2016, 11:04 PM
personally, I'm really impressed with the album from start to finish. its a beautiful piece of art. every album has been a wild ride.

at 15 years old adrenaline struck a chord.

at 35 gore hits again.

deftones have been providing the soundtrack of my life. i got to tell them all that on the taste of chaos tour in sacramento.

I was at that show! Did you see the guy who flipped off Pelican during their entire set? Note: I should say that it wasn't me doing that haha! It was just interesting to see this dude standing out on his own flipping off a band.

i was on the stef's side of the stage that night. it was definitely one for the ages.

[IMG removed to save everyone else /img]
[IMG removed to save everyone else /img]

That's the side I was on too. Glad you got to experience it like that.

thanks! i love going to see them live. saw them open for 311 wayyyyyy back when and i was instantly hooked.

i was lucky enough to go backstage often in my time as a fan. it actually got to the point where they started to remember/recognized me and the gf i mentioned... once we were playing roulette at the grand siera nevada in reno after a show... they joined us and started betting with us. to be honest though i think they remembered her more than me. haha!

chi actually said 'i remember you guys' at the free show in chavez park. he talked to the woman about horses. he was the best.

blondie

i've only heard this album for one day, but i've already put it above an album from my youth that i've loved for 20 years, and has many wonderful memories attached!!!

::)

cbpunk16

Gotta say the intro of (L)Mirl gives me chills every time. Loving this album more and more with each listen! Slowly creeping up as my second favorite from them behind ATF.

77years

Quote from: cbpunk16 on Apr 06, 2016, 11:36 PM
Gotta say the intro of (L)Mirl gives me chills every time. Loving this album more and more with each listen! Slowly creeping up as my second favorite from them behind ATF.

My favorite track. Cannot wait to hear that intro live

gwenudo

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 11:33 PM
i've only heard this album for one day, but i've already put it above an album from my youth that i've loved for 20 years, and has many wonderful memories attached!!!

I'm trying too hard to roast on people and trying so hard to bring them down because my views are different from all of them, also my favorite list is
Adrenaline
Adrenaline
Adrenaline
Adrenaline
Adrenaline
Adrenaline
Adrenaline
Adrenaline

But thats just my list because i cant seem to grow along with the band, i am too stuck on the past to appreciate my absolute favorite bands music yay
Was it like it seemed?...

blondie

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 11:38 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 11:33 PM

I'm trying too hard to roast on people and trying so hard to bring them down because my views are different from all of them, also my favorite list is
Adrenaline
Adrenaline
Adrenaline
Adrenaline
Adrenaline
Adrenaline
Adrenaline
Adrenaline

But thats just my list because i cant seem to grow along with the band, i am too stuck on the past to appreciate my absolute favorite bands music yay

just leave it to me. you suck at this.

SCUM

anyone got a pic of the actual cd/disk?

gwenudo

Quote from: SCUM on Apr 06, 2016, 11:41 PM
I forgot to ask this yesterday, and box as well from the inside

77years

I posted mine but took it down today. Bright pink-ish with very faint "Deftones - Gore" on it. Really striking

SCUM

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 11:42 PM

yea just wanna see the color of the disc itself

77years

THAT IS A SECRET. Very intense. I sent a pic to Ballzdeep tho

77years

Quote from: SCUM on Apr 06, 2016, 11:43 PM

Light pinkish gray like the Gore posters

E-Money

Do we have lyrics to the last 5 tracks yet?

shine down unshy

Quote from: nicklav on Apr 06, 2016, 11:05 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 11:04 PM
i got to tell them all that on the taste of chaos tour in sacramento.

how awkward was the silence afterwards?

What's your problem?
Bebo?  Bebo.

SCUM

Quote from: 77years on Apr 06, 2016, 11:44 PM
Quote from: SCUM on Apr 06, 2016, 11:43 PM

Light pinkish gray like the Gore posters

nice..does it say gore?

77years

Quote from: E-Money on Apr 06, 2016, 11:45 PM
Do we have lyrics to the last 5 tracks yet?

Posted those yesterday too with the booklet, also something Ballz has if you need. I took everything down

gwenudo

This just in, Stephs prototype new guitar that he'll use on the new record titled Mamadas due out Summer 2020 .. or Winter 2020 .. most likely Spring 2021 though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk