Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoop

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 07, 2016, 06:12 AM
Quote from: dopeybanana on Apr 07, 2016, 04:47 AM
I've been digesting the album via the - somewhat better quality - leak, and I have to say that 'Gore' definitely belongs at the top tier of the 'tones discography. It's very inventive, experimental and has an adventurous feel to it that wouldn't be out of place on the S/T or SNW, but shone through a more refined ATF/DE lens, if that makes any sense :P.

Inventive, experimental, etc...but I can't feel that Deftones vibe that's hard to explain. It doesn't sound like Deftones. I'd rather listen to a classic Deftones style album. :(

The vibe you're talking about doesnt exist because every album has been different. How can you (and other certain fans) keep wanting that "sound" when the band has proven time and time again that they don't want to recreate those sounds? They have evolved and so has the musical landscape.  Get over it. You won't get another ATF/WP.... Just listen to those albums you love and move on to liking another band. Every post you have on this board has been a bitch fest... I get bored.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

NYRexall

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 06, 2016, 04:12 AM
me vant nu treetwunty reep

pls nipizdesuka@STOLICHNAYA.ru

vee share wodka?

Sorry, I know this was from yesterday, but this fucking shit had me laughing so hard I almost pissed myself  ;D

RaptureWS

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 07, 2016, 07:35 AM
Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 07, 2016, 06:12 AM
Quote from: dopeybanana on Apr 07, 2016, 04:47 AM
I've been digesting the album via the - somewhat better quality - leak, and I have to say that 'Gore' definitely belongs at the top tier of the 'tones discography. It's very inventive, experimental and has an adventurous feel to it that wouldn't be out of place on the S/T or SNW, but shone through a more refined ATF/DE lens, if that makes any sense :P.

Inventive, experimental, etc...but I can't feel that Deftones vibe that's hard to explain. It doesn't sound like Deftones. I'd rather listen to a classic Deftones style album. :(

The vibe you're talking about doesnt exist because every album has been different. How can you (and other certain fans) keep wanting that "sound" when the band has proven time and time again that they don't want to recreate those sounds? They have evolved and so has the musical landscape.  Get over it. You won't get another ATF/WP.... Just listen to those albums you love and move on to liking another band. Every post you have on this board has been a bitch fest... I get bored.

First I'll say I absolutely love Gore and the direction they took. Will likely be my 2nd or 3rd fav when all is said and done. It does get a bit annoying when people say things that translate to "I want DE/KNY/ATF/etc part 2." That said, I know exactly what Brazil means when he talks about that sound or vibe that is often missing on Gore. It is very difficult to describe. Lotion to Digital Bath to WGTB to Rosemary......if you are a Deftones fan but had never heard (insert almost any Deftones song) you would still instantly know "this is Deftones". IMO songs on Gore aren't like that for the first time in their career. Again....I'm not bashing Gore. This album is magnificent to me top to bottom. I just wanted to say I understand what he means and help explain it.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

NYRexall

Quote from: HURRIANCE_6ASS on Apr 06, 2016, 04:01 AM
My wife Alexa join mail order program. Name of song phantom bride mean especially close to me.

I will take FLACS file to comrade-cntrl@specialRARs.ru

This one, too

krook

Don't you folks think the song Gore resembles Melanie just a bit?
I hate White Pony.

Divided_Spirit

Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 07, 2016, 06:12 AM
Quote from: Divided_Spirit on Apr 07, 2016, 04:53 AM

OK the clipping on the version I've been listening to is killing me, so if someone could hook me up with that glorious FLAC I would really really fucking appreciate it.

The flac clips just the same.Wait for the HD 24 bit version

Yeah I can't wait to have a listening party with Bigfoot,  the Easter Bunny, and President Trump....

GR1X7S

Just tracked my order and my vinyl is scheduled for delivery Friday. I was worried I would have to wait even longer to hear this beast on wax.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

colonelsausage

Anyone still holding out till Friday? I heard a few tracks from the vinyl rip but wanted to wait to hear it in better quality, yeh the cd rip is out but it's a day away so that ain't so bad lol can't wait to have it in my hands

Inkblades

I don't get how someone can listen to P/T, AH, DU, GH, H/W, (L)MIRL, Gore and Rubicon and say with a straight face that they don't have the Deftones "sound", which was already wide-ranging and diverse to begin with. Don't get me wrong, Gore is definitely taking them in a new direction, but the songs are still UNMISTAKABLY Deftones.

redeemer96

Deftones' albums ranking is as follows:
1. Deftones, KNY, Gore, DE, ATF, Adrenaline, WP (all at the same time)
2. SNW
3. LL
4? B&R

defsteve

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 07, 2016, 02:03 AM

Its doable guys, BUY THE DAMN ALBUM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote from: defsteve on Apr 02, 2016, 04:23 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 30, 2016, 06:53 PM

I agree. I was shocked when that guy a page or 2 back said if the album leaks he wouldn't buy the album.  Blows me away that someone who's a huge fan of this band would avoid purchasing their album.

And it's more than just supporting the band monetarily.  Of course bands make more money from touring and merch than they do from album sales, but album sales do still have an impact.  The better the album sells, the more people hear of it when it hits the tops of the charts.  Then you get even more fans, people who otherwise may not have heard of the band, or had heard the band during the WP era and/or DE era and just lost track of them or are just casual fans.  A continuous influx of new fans is important to the lasting success of a band, it encourages the band to continue making good music for a longer period of time.

Just buy the record guys, no matter what.  It's not that expensive to purchase an album on iTunes, and you don't have to worry about anything dangerous getting onto your computer.

Boom.

I'm hoping this is a Top 5 US album. I would guess sales of over 70,00 but hopefully the album with a ticket for the tour pushes sales even higher.

Gwen Stefani hit #1 recently with sales of 76,000, so fingers crossed. Who wouldn't like to see Deftones hit #1 ?

For reference.

Deftones, Around The Fur #29 43,000
Deftones, White Pony #3 178,000
Deftones, Self-Titled #2 167,000
Deftones, Saturday Night Wrist #10 76,000
Deftones, Diamond Eyes #6 62,000
Deftones, Koi No Yokan #11 65,000
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Qwerty1921

In my opinion, composition-wise, it's hard to decide if I'd put Gore over KNY. Even though that last one doesn't really click with me, it's objectively a hella good composed record. You don't get universal acclaim for nothing. But I'd say...

Adrenaline: the sound of a young band, relentless and unapologetic. But also, repetitive and immature.

ATF: great, but lacks too much of the hypnotic side of Deftones for me to consider it their best

WP: Some 10/10 absolute classic material on there. Raw, trippy, drug-influenced level of creativity. But yeah, Elite - > Teenagers is sorta boring to me nowadays. Just personnal tastes.

S/T: absolutely love the mood of the whole record. But composition-wise, it gets repetitive and lazy at times

SNW: Pink CellPhone. Fuck that song. Oh, and Mein. Fuck that song too. And the messy tracklist. Fuck the messy tracklist

DE: would be a strong contender for their best one, if it wasn't for that absolutely cringeworthy phonecall effect on Chino voice (Beauty School, Prince)  :D

KNY: composition is honestly spot on. But somehow, the vibe and melodies have never clicked that much with me. Sorta the opposite of S/T.

Gore: right now -> FUCK ITS SO GOOD HYPE, HYPE

77years

On acid hologram are they spinning a microphone above the drums? I brought this up about 100 pages back, it sounds eerily similar to other songs that have used that technique. It also does something pretty psychedelic to the mix once it's done

shoop

Quote from: krook on Apr 07, 2016, 08:08 AM
Don't you folks think the song Gore resembles Melanie just a bit?
Not at all

NYRexall

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 06, 2016, 10:05 AM

And to that NYrexall guy (or whatever his sn is)... Chill out with the hype. I have a feeling you won't like it and you'll hate us all

To that Jerry Curls guy (or whatever his sn is)... I already hate you for thinking I'm not going to love every moment of this record when I finally hear it

shoop

Quote from: 77years on Apr 07, 2016, 10:11 AM
On acid hologram are they spinning a microphone above the drums? I brought this up about 100 pages back, it sounds eerily similar to other songs that have used that technique. It also does something pretty psychedelic to the mix once it's done
I don't hear it. I've yet to listen to the album with headphones though

NYRexall

So it's the eve of the album and for the first time in their near 30 year history, there have been no music videos released to support any of the songs

Way to drop the ball on this album, Warner Bros. Good to know you clueless suit fucks care about your artists

Wasn't there supposedly a video in production of them standing in a room miming P/T? What's the point now? That was the first single over two months ago. So lame..

shoop

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 07, 2016, 10:37 AM
So it's the eve of the album and for the first time in their near 30 year history, there have been no music videos released to support any of the songs

Way to drop the ball on this album, Warner Bros. Good to know you clueless suit fucks care about your artists

Wasn't there supposedly a video in production of them standing in a room miming P/T? What's the point now? That was the first single over two months ago. So lame..
My guess would be Friday for the video. Pretty fuckin dumb indeed to wait this long, and I wouldn't even be surprised at this rate if it didn't drop Friday. Can't wait for some pro-shot footage of the Kimmel performance either. P/T by the way has grown on me so much the past few days.. unreal. The only two tracks that haven't really clicked with me yet so far are Pittura and Xenon. The rest keep sounding better and better by the day.

worship

You are crazy, Xenon is beautiful!

Maybe I'm wrong but I remember they filmed a video for something from KNY, and they didn't like it so they just didn't release it?