Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty1921

When that mid-song riffs comes in in Pittura, I'm sold. This is some serious jam!

DenakDW

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 07, 2016, 10:54 AM
Almost 500 pages and it's not officially released yet. What a time.

I'm having a hard time figuring Geometric Headdress out. Shit just feels uselessly elaborate to me.

I was feeling the same but now it's on my top 3
Chorus is awesome! But i do feel like it would have been better to make that song longer.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

ANattyRat

Yay, my pre-order has been dispatched, should be here tomorrow and then I'll have to go on a long drive somewhere!

sooniletugo

Pittura must be played live, loud and proudly

shoop

You guys trollin or what? :/  Out of all the songs, you choose that one to be played?

gwenudo

Quote from: shoop on Apr 07, 2016, 01:35 PM
You guys trollin or what? :/  Out of all the songs, you choose that one to be played?
Its oddly really damn good >_<
Was it like it seemed?...

ANattyRat

They're not playing just one song, haha, they can play the whole album, I won't be opposed. Not sure why people want it to open the show though.

77years

Phantom bride premier tonight on Beats1. I wonder if they'll be talking about the track & Cantrell... I have to admit that was the one I didn't like at first but it really really hit me. The guitar goes great with the swelling chorus.

77years

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 07, 2016, 01:40 PM

They're not playing just one song, haha, they can play the whole album, I won't be opposed. Not sure why people want it to open the show though.

It's ODD and it kicks severe ass

ANattyRat

Quote from: 77years on Apr 07, 2016, 01:42 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 07, 2016, 01:40 PM

It's ODD and it kicks severe ass

It is odd, haha, the beginning especially. Awesome lyrics though. Ugh, I hope they don't ignore so many of the songs live like they did with Koi No Yokan.

shoop

Not saying it's bad, just an odd choice to want to hear live out of the entire album in my opinion. I'd probably rather hear that track live the least out of them all actually.

shoop

I'll sign a petition to hear Phantom Bride live complete with a Stephen saxophone solo though

gwenudo

Quote from: shoop on Apr 07, 2016, 01:47 PM
Not saying it's bad, just an odd choice to want to hear live out of the entire album in my opinion. I'd probably rather hear that track live the least out of them all actually.
It would be kick ass if the show started with Gore, imagine this.
The lights go dark, crowd goes wild, and out of nowhere those alarming beeps begin with red lights flashing each time it beeps, it goes on for like 15 seconds, then abe comes in and does his little thing, and then the rest of the band.. Plus they always open with a bang!
Was it like it seemed?...

77years

Gore = Ritual de lo Habitual in many ways

First half is individual stand-alone freakout tracks, second half a cohesive whole

Psychological mindfuck intensity

Sad epic choruses, soaring melodies

Career-defining

shoop

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 07, 2016, 01:53 PM
The lights go dark, crowd goes wild, and out of nowhere those alarming beeps begin with red lights flashing each time it beeps, it goes on for like 15 seconds, then abe comes in and does his little thing, and then the rest of the band.. Plus they always open with a bang!
That would be sweet. The song kinda gives me an encore vibe too.

77years

Niceeee

That will be an intense live track

77years

Quote from: shoop on Apr 07, 2016, 01:58 PM
That would be sweet. The song kinda gives me an encore vibe too.

Yeah go out with a huge bang, those final chords ending the show

ANattyRat

Hell yeah, man, that's awesome. I just hope they play a lot of these songs live, there are so many songs that deserve to be heard in a live setting. Is anyone here going to the show on the 11th? It's supposed to be a special set, so likely to be the entire album (minus the Cantrell solo? Haha), but could also be a few Gore songs and maybe some rarely-played songs. Either way, someone there needs to have the whole thing recorded.

Also: https://www.instagram.com/p/BD5lxeYwu29/?taken-by=deftonesband

Don't know if they'd already planned this or if the album's leaked so they're releasing songs here and there?

LG95

The lights go dark, crowd goes wild, and out of nowhere those alarming beeps begin with red lights flashing each time it beeps, it goes on for like 15 seconds, then abe comes in and does his little thing, and then the rest of the band..
I could float here forever

77years

(Seriously) potential show opener: Acid hologram