gwenudo

Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Apr 07, 2016, 11:20 PM
Is the album a digipak??? That sucks!

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk
Whys that bad?
Was it like it seemed?...

sharinglungs

http://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/gore-deftones/0093624926467

anyone willing to take one for the team and see if there's a difference in the 24/96 version? I can't purchase or I would have.

CarloDefDonno

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 07, 2016, 11:20 PM
Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Apr 07, 2016, 11:20 PM
Is the album a digipak??? That sucks!

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk
Whys that bad?
They get damaged much more easily. I bought Boards of Canada's "Tomorrow's Harvest" in digipak and it got completely scratched. When a normal case gets scratched you can just replace it with another one.

Lurid Vega

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 07, 2016, 10:48 PM
It's cool to see DE getting a good bit of love in this community

To me, that's the safest record they ever did. Especially when compared to the three that came before it. Don't get me wrong, DE is a terrific album; Sextape, 976-Evil, Beauty School, Rocket Skates and the title track would all definitely be on my personal Deftones GH collection. It just sounds like an album of Deftones sounding like Deftones

Totally disagree with people who say that KNY is just a continuation of what they were doing on DE though; if anything, KNY is the band picking up right where they left off with SNW, only way more focused and on the same page creatively. From the sound of it, Gore is the masterpiece they've always been trying to make.

Bands like Sevendust, FFDP, Staind and a thousand other bands who make virtually the exact same record over and over and over should feel ashamed when they listen to Gore and KNY
Dude I love Diamond Eyes.. might be my top album from them. Risk is one of my fav songs,...ever. YSTB and Rocket Skates holds some of Abe's best moments...ever. This site completely underrated that album.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

sooniletugo

You're right but digipak look and feel nicer. And I find normal cd cases scratch so easily without even doing anything to em. Just keep it safe. If you take it your car just slip it in a lil disc pocket, that's what I do now.

+1 for Diamond Eyes love

gwenudo

Its out in stores in texas now, just bought mine at a big chain store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFTNSHXGRM

Having had this album for almost a week.. Its been on non-stop play. In my room, in my car, at work..

Now that the new has worn off a tad.. I can not fucking get over how beautifully amazing this album is. It gives me chills.. Geometric Headdress is still probably my personal favorite. It comes at you heavy, hard, smooth, and sexy.. everything that I love about deftones.

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 07, 2016, 11:30 PM

What store? I haven't found it yet.. but I live in a smaller city in Louisiana.. Monroe, LA to be exact.

gwenudo

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 07, 2016, 11:41 PM

What store? I haven't found it yet.. but I live in a smaller city in Louisiana.. Monroe, LA to be exact.
Bought mine at Hastings, saw it at walmart though

OcTCaNnIBaL22

Re sing, Re string, Unwind

Inkblades

The best thing DE has going for it that some of the other albums don't is you can hear Frank on almost every song. The man is an absolute God of sound and should be revered as such.

I like Diamond Eyes, but some of the songs are a little commercial for me, though. It's funny that Chino was slagging Coldplay in the press, because Sextape basically is a Coldplay song.

coreystevens88

Am I the only board member left that hasn't listened to the whole album yet?  Waiting until UPS arrives tomorrow to do it properly the first time.

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 07, 2016, 11:42 PM

Bought mine at Hastings, saw it at walmart though

Word. I need to buy dog food anyways.. guess I'll see if my Wal-Mart is cool or not

sooniletugo

Can't wait to buy a copy tomorrow. I didn't even think to look today, maybe I could've got it early after all.

Lurid Vega

Having had this album for almost a week.. Its been on non-stop play. In my room, in my car, at work..

Now that the new has worn off a tad.. I can not fucking get over how beautifully amazing this album is. It gives me chills.. Geometric Headdress is still probably my personal favorite. It comes at you heavy, hard, smooth, and sexy.. everything that I love about deftones.
Me also man, I am trying not to wear it out but Acid and Rubicon. .....I can't stop....

DFTNSHXGRM

I've called around town and every store I call.. the lazy fucks don't know or care to look -_-

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: Lurid Vega on Apr 07, 2016, 11:49 PM

Me also man, I am trying not to wear it out but Acid and Rubicon. .....I can't stop....

I don't care about wearing it out.. I listen to all of their albums all of the time, and I love each one of them just as much as I did when I got them. I'm enjoying this new album so much though.

That being said.. I really need to give the new M83, Autolux, and Moderat albums some love

I'm also hearing whispers that the new Weezer album is actually decent.

sooniletugo

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 07, 2016, 11:47 PM
The best thing DE has going for that some of the other albums don't is you can hear Frank on almost every song. The man is an absolute God of sound and should be revered as such.

I like Diamond Eyes, but some of the songs are a little commercial for me, though. It's funny that Chino was slagging Coldplay in the press, because Sextape basically is a Coldplay song.

He said in one interview that Sextape was his attempt at making a Smashing Pumpkins song. But yeah I was surprised that he dissed Coldplay like that, after admitting to liking Bieber. I've enjoyed the recent Coldplay songs I've heard.