Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jciraheta

i listend pt like 100 times by now, the whole record just 2 times ,

and begins to seem that the hype is slowly dowgroading the album note for me ,  or it could be the opossit when i play the shit out of the album it will grow ,

right now , i  like a lot like 2 or 3 songs , 4 o5 are ok and 2 are very weak, well see with time...

77years

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 08, 2016, 12:25 AM
I haven't really read all the lyrics for (l)mirl but it seems like it's encouraging someone to commit suicide.  I like how the song sounds but it's kind of troubling to me.  Am I wrong?

I honestly thought it was about Chi, maybe telling Chi it was OK to let go. I know that's a weird thing to say but that's how I read it

LG95

Seriously, I know we've only been listening to this album for five days and even less in HQ, but Rubicon is one of the best songs they have ever written. It's totally floored me. I think everything else on this record is either good or really good but that song has left me lost for words. The epic feel of the intro, the superb shift in tone with the verse and that chorus - my goodness it makes me feel like I'm floating on fucking air, it's so good. I'll be amazed if I hear a better chorus this year.

What a song.
I could float here forever

sharinglungs

I haven't really read all the lyrics for (l)mirl but it seems like it's encouraging someone to commit suicide.  I like how the song sounds but it's kind of troubling to me.  Am I wrong?

To me it sounds like relationship problems and that he wants to remove all contact and start over.

IMHO: Chino was having major relationship issues during the recording of this record, it's very present in the lyrics in a lot of songs... and even Doomed User, he has said that when he recorded the vocals for it, he was having a very bad day. So maybe this was his way to get his frustrations out.

77years

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 08, 2016, 12:30 AM
Seriously, I know we've only been listening to this album for five days and even less in HQ, but Rubicon is one of the best songs they have ever written. It's totally floored me. I think everything else on this record is either good or really good but that song has left me lost for words. The epic feel of the intro, the superb shift in tone with the verse and that chorus - my goodness it makes me feel like I'm floating on fucking air, it's so good. I'll be amazed if I hear a better chorus this year.

What a song.

Agreed

jciraheta

and to be more specific right now

i love PT , AH , HW ,  those are excellente , ...gore, phanton bridge , rubico, Geometric headdres , seems very good ,

the others  will have to grow and doomer used still doesnt feel it to much ...

Lurid Vega

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 08, 2016, 12:11 AM
didn't they write or record something like 16 tracks this time around? Anyone think we might hear a B-Side from this record?

They haven't put out a B-side that blew me away like "Lovers".. I'm dying to hear what they chose to cast aside.
I think Chino said he only laid vocals down on Crest though

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Lurid Vega

Quote from: 77years on Apr 08, 2016, 12:33 AM

What a song.

Agreed
Also agreed. Acid Hologram is seriously up there in my top Deftones now to

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

77years

To me there is no weak song on this record, not even close

NYRexall

So why did that Mr. Blonde guy lose his shit like that yesterday? Somebody wouldn't hook him up with the leak or something? Haaaahaha what a whiny little bitch

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: 77years on Apr 08, 2016, 12:42 AM
To me there is no weak song on this record, not even close

Exactly. I just can't figure out which one I want to listen to.. so I just listen to the whole thing again.. over and over. It's a beautiful cycle

77years

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 08, 2016, 12:43 AM
So why did that Mr. Blonde guy lose his shit like that yesterday? Somebody wouldn't hook him up with the leak or something? Haaaahaha what a whiny little bitch

The oldest argument in rock music: "I liked _____ (band) before they got popular"

Sigh

ANattyRat

Nah. I mean, for one, the only explicit reference to suicide is, "So I put this gun to my head," in which case he's talking about his own suicide.

I think it's just about a relationship he wants to completely tear away from. Not talking about his own marriage, of course, haha. Just that he writes whatever comes to him based on how the music itself makes him feel, so could be about anything, but yeah. A very dark song, I suppose you could say it's similar in meaning to Digital Bath, definitely got a sinister vibe throughout it. But then in the chorus/towards the end it sounds/reads like it's kind of he's happy, so he's free of her. Or maybe he's killed her and chosen to embrace his inner serial killer, who knows? Haha.

NYRexall

Quote from: 77years on Apr 08, 2016, 12:51 AM
The oldest argument in rock music: "I liked _____ (band) before they got popular"

Sigh

Seriously? He called out the forum owner by name for that? Haaaaaahahahahaha hissy fit

gwenudo

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 08, 2016, 12:54 AM

Sigh

Seriously? He called out the forum owner by name for that? Haaaaaahahahahaha hissy fit
Dont think Ves is forum owner, but hes an admin i believe lol unless Nuno gave Ves everything
Was it like it seemed?...

RaptureWS

Quote from: 77years on Apr 08, 2016, 12:33 AM

What a song.

Agreed

Yep. The honeymoon phase is just about over for me and I can safely say now that Rubicon is an all-timer. I could never, ever pick one favorite Deftones song. I could pick 4 or 5 though and Gore has added two more to that list-Rubicon in particular and Geometric Headdress as well.

It's been 5 days or so since I first heard Gore and I still can't stop thinking about how great it really is. It almost like I am trying to convince myself that it's not as good as I think it is, because how can something be THIS good?? I keep telling myself "you're just being a fanboy" but then I listen to it again and it's like "nope nope nope this shit is dope dope dope".
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

shine down unshy

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 12:56 AM

Sigh

Dont think Ves is forum owner, but hes an admin i believe lol unless Nuno gave Ves everything

Thats some Willy Wonka type shit right there.

gwenudo

Quote from: shine down unshy on Apr 08, 2016, 01:02 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 12:56 AM

Sigh

Thats some Willy Wonka type shit right there.
I know Ves has been here since like i was in middle school or some shit maybe even elementary, but i do believe everyone telling me once Nuno is owner
Was it like it seemed?...

sooniletugo

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 08, 2016, 01:01 AM"nope nope nope this shit is dope dope dope".

Love it. Agree with y'all about the album and Rubicon in particular.

AJPV24

http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2016/04/07/deftones-gore/

Another great review. I really like this site writting style, thanks to them I came to know many really good bands.