Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooniletugo

LMIRL chorus is gorgeous. Love the screamed part too. Every chorus on the album is absolutely stunning IMO. I don't think there's another tones album where I like every song so much.

2MoreHours

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 08, 2016, 01:39 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 01:31 AM

Somebodys mad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fuck him, im pretty sure, he doesn't have half of my deftones collection.

Fuck that guy...seriously!  Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should stay quiet. If you don't like this album or if you downloaded it early it doesn't make you any less of a fan.  I would rather hear some critical reviews than a bunch of dick sucking praise.

mono

Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 08, 2016, 01:48 AM
LMIRL chorus is gorgeous. Love the screamed part too. Every chorus on the album is absolutely stunning IMO. I don't think there's another tones album where I like every song so much.

There's a lot of work in the chorus of this record, really. Super catchy lyrics and rythms.
Hope the instrumental version see the light soon

Raswid

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 07, 2016, 11:01 PM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 07, 2016, 10:13 PM
Had a friend who picked up the vinyl today in the UK. They sold out already
You mean just the vinyl, or the CDs too?

I was in Rough Trade in London just before closing.  Bought two CD's. They had a lot more on the shelf. Vinyls too.

NYRexall

As the hour of April 8th finally approaches, let us look back on these times and smile at some of the highlights of this journey:

- the maddening scramble for a poor low-quality vinyl rip

- Boris the sneaky fuckin' Russian leaking said low quality rip to the world outside SL

- 2 More Hours becoming yet another rallying cry during a Deftones album season

- NYRexall defying the odds and standing as the lone "no leaks for me, thanks" holdout who has yet to hear any of this mesmerizing album you all speak of

- the abundance of SL one-post leak beggars (yet again)

- Mr. Blonde having an online nuclear meltdown, then taking his ball and going home (K bye)

- 77 Years dickteasing NYRexall about how Gore sounds like every noteworthy underground 90s band and then some

- the thirst for 320 being so incredibly real

- Sharing Leaks

- BallzDeep's hilarious Russian imitation

- that guy Blondie trying to argue that Adrenaline is the best Deftones record, like, ever

These have been strange, interesting times, ya'll. I hope we don't have to wait another three and a half years to do it again

GR1X7S

I'm glad I haven't been spoiled on the gatefold art. The wait is almost over.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

gwenudo

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 08, 2016, 02:01 AM
As the hour of April 8th finally approaches, let us look back on these times and smile at some of the highlights of this journey:

- the maddening scramble for a poor low-quality vinyl rip

- Boris the sneaky fuckin' Russian leaking said low quality rip to the world outside SL

- 2 More Hours becoming yet another rallying cry during a Deftones album season

- NYRexall defying the odds and standing as the lone "no leaks for me, thanks" holdout who has yet to hear any of this mesmerizing album you all speak of

- the abundance of SL one-post leak beggars (yet again)

- Mr. Blonde having an online nuclear meltdown, then taking his ball and going home (K bye)

- 77 Years dickteasing NYRexall about how Gore sounds like every noteworthy underground 90s band and then some

- the thirst for 320 being so incredibly real

- Sharing Leaks

- BallzDeep's hilarious Russian imitation

- that guy Blondie trying to argue that Adrenaline is the best Deftones record, like, ever

These have been strange, interesting times, ya'll. I hope we don't have to wait another three and a half years to do it again
Man how the hell you forget the most important memory? TACOS

FUCKING TACOS
Was it like it seemed?...

RavinVsFlud

New amp and box being installed in my car tomorrow. Buying the album at Best Buy (even though those bitches wouldn't sell me a copy early. I tried. Fuck it)

So fucking stoked to hear this shit through a fucking boomin system without the shitty rip!

NYRexall

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 02:05 AM

Man how the hell you forget the most important memory? TACOS

FUCKING TACOS

I never said that list was definitive. By all means, please feel free to add your own personal highlights  ;D

NYRexall

Quote from: 77years on Apr 07, 2016, 01:54 PM
Gore = Ritual de lo Habitual in many ways

First half is individual stand-alone freakout tracks, second half a cohesive whole

Psychological mindfuck intensity

Sad epic choruses, soaring melodies

Career-defining

That actually is a pretty accurate -- and interesting -- description that I can visualize..

BallZDeeP

hows everyone doing on pre-release hour?

77years

Memory: me walking out of the store Tuesday afternoon literally shaking with the CD in my hand

gwenudo

Quote from: 77years on Apr 08, 2016, 02:12 AM
Memory: me walking out of the store Tuesday afternoon literally shaking with the CD in my hand
The Legend was bornnnnnnn
Was it like it seemed?...

BallZDeeP

Quote from: 77years on Apr 08, 2016, 02:12 AM

i will never forget that day

2MoreHours

Anyone picking up B-sides on record store day?  Considering my store doesn't have any Deftones on vinyl and weren't even going to have Gore until I asked for it, I think I have a good shot at getting B-sides next Saturday.  They have already listed everything they will have and that was on their list.  I wouldn't be surprised if they only get one copy so I'll be in line early.

2MoreHours

77 you are a living legend!  I am eternally grateful for your kindness and for Ves and Ballz and anyone else I may be leaving out.  Also the guy that hooked us up with the vinyl rip of the 2 or 3 songs before that.  Can't remember his name but if anyone does, throw him a shout out.

snakcharmr

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 08, 2016, 01:51 AM

Somebodys mad

Fuck that guy...seriously!  Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should stay quiet. If you don't like this album or if you downloaded it early it doesn't make you any less of a fan.  I would rather hear some critical reviews than a bunch of dick sucking praise.
We were treated poorly because dont had 527 posts, and we cant obtain a link to the cd rip or FLAC files. I visit the site for so long but I dont have the urge to post every thought...

sooniletugo

Smile, you're all set! Surprise you're now one of the gang!

77years

Important trivia question, the guy hooked me up because I gave him what album in January?

2MoreHours

Quote from: snakcharmr on Apr 08, 2016, 02:19 AM
Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 08, 2016, 01:51 AM

Somebodys mad

We were treated poorly because dont had 527 posts, and we cant obtain a link to the cd rip or FLAC files. I visit the site for so long but I dont have the urge to post every thought...

I created this account some time this year so fuck anyone saying you have to have 527 post counts.  Come in here and mingle and show some damn interest.  I am married and work full-time so don't say I don't have a life.  I just love Deftones and was anxiously awaiting this album.  Now that it's out and I don't rank it at the top of my list, don't bash me and say I'm not a fan.  That's all I'm saying.