Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 10, 2016, 04:00 AM
I'm usually hypercritical of how Chino's voice sounds on a track, but the fact that his voice sounds more weary and weathered actually fits the music of Gore perfectly.

I agree. He sounds really good to me though for the most part...for his age and after all the years singing, I think he still sounds pretty good in studio though in general.

IN WAVES

Prayers/ Triangles, Acid Hologram, Doomed User, Hearts/Wires, and GORE are f*cking awesome!

Xenon and (L)MIRL are growing on me. I think they're ok.

Everything else I wasn't too big of a fan of. I know everyone seems to like Phantom Bride, but I'm not feeling it, yet. Maybe later.

from_musings

I've looked through the entire cd booklet, and also checked all the vinyl's info. it says nothing about the main riff to xenon being played by Josh Homme. i mean,it is him isn't it?

Vesanic

That'd be news to me. Where you got that from?

gwenudo

My top albums list has changed. Heres mine now.

S/T
WP
Adrenaline
ATF
SNW
Gore
DE
KNY

I placed Gore 3rd to last, but thats not because i dont like it, i love it, honestly in my opinion it blows DE and KNY out of the water. Also SNW is 4th to last, but honestly everything starting from SNW and above is pure gold to me. Gore is a great album by all means, but if im being honest, Gore isnt a deftones record, its Chino Moreno album. And thats not a bad thing! Its just, Its still missing the deftones sound to me, i realized this after i started listening to the entire Deftones Collections remasters over and over again without even desiring to listen to Gore again. I tried getting back to Gore and i enjoyed it, but in my head i kept wanting to listen to the beautiful sounds of S/T .. And the reason DE and KNY are at bottom is because i feel its too mainstream.. Not only that but i only like a few tracks from both of those albums. Also, everything from Gore and above i can listen to without skipping a song

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

HooiserBowhunter

I can't wait to see them on Jimmy Kimmel. They will probably play Prayers/Triangles. In my opinion they should play something like a shortened version of Hearts/Wires for more public appeal. I feel like if I was going to play one song off the album to expose people to them it would definitely be Hearts/Wires.

pinata89

Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Apr 10, 2016, 06:19 PM
I can't wait to see them on Jimmy Kimmel. They will probably play Prayers/Triangles. In my opinion they should play something like a shortened version of Hearts/Wires for more public appeal. I feel like if I was going to play one song off the album to expose people to them it would definitely be Hearts/Wires.
When is the Kimmel performance again?

77years

Play "Gore"

sharinglungs

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 10, 2016, 06:27 PM

Monday night.

jciraheta

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 10, 2016, 05:35 PM
My top albums list has changed. Heres mine now.

S/T
WP
Adrenaline
ATF
SNW
Gore
DE
KNY

I placed Gore 3rd to last, but thats not because i dont like it, i love it, honestly in my opinion it blows DE and KNY out of the water. Also SNW is 4th to last, but honestly everything starting from SNW and above is pure gold to me. Gore is a great album by all means, but if im being honest, Gore isnt a deftones record, its Chino Moreno album. And thats not a bad thing! Its just, Its still missing the deftones sound to me, i realized this after i started listening to the entire Deftones Collections remasters over and over again without even desiring to listen to Gore again. I tried getting back to Gore and i enjoyed it, but in my head i kept wanting to listen to the beautiful sounds of S/T .. And the reason DE and KNY are at bottom is because i feel its too mainstream.. Not only that but i only like a few tracks from both of those albums. Also, everything from Gore and above i can listen to without skipping a song

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
your right but i think that the deftones sound of the eraly days is over, somehow its just a chino album or not , like he said they are not the same persons anymore,  if this is not the last album i expec even softer things later

kurtone

Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 10, 2016, 06:38 PM

Monday night.

Tuesday Night, the 12th

E-Money

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 10, 2016, 05:11 PM
Quote from: E-Money on Apr 10, 2016, 04:50 PM
Phantom Bride is so perfect. What a beautiful song. I hope they make an edit and release it as a single.. And hope they play it live. Skip the solo live I don't care... PB and Rubicon need to be played live 😳

Yep. Maybe Stef will surprise us all one day and play it just as proof that he can play a solo, haha. And then never again. But also (L)MIRL, they need to play that. Hell, there are so many songs on this album that deserve to be played live.

I hope so man. That would be awesome. Maybe they'll do an edit for it or something. Or maybe they will make their own part for the solo ... I'd be fine with both. I can see the crowd really loving that song and singing along.

sharinglungs

Quote from: kurtone on Apr 10, 2016, 06:42 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 10, 2016, 06:38 PM

Monday night.

Tuesday Night, the 12th

Right sorry for some reason I keep thinking today is Saturday...

HooiserBowhunter

I never watch Jimmy Kimmel how many songs do they usually play one or two?

gwenudo

Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Apr 10, 2016, 07:28 PM
I never watch Jimmy Kimmel how many songs do they usually play one or two?
Usually just 1 on tv but i think for S/T one time they played 2 on tv and a few more for the audience.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: E-Money on Apr 10, 2016, 06:42 PM
Phantom Bride is so perfect. What a beautiful song. I hope they make an edit and release it as a single.. And hope they play it live. Skip the solo live I don't care... PB and Rubicon need to be played live 😳

Yep. Maybe Stef will surprise us all one day and play it just as proof that he can play a solo, haha. And then never again. But also (L)MIRL, they need to play that. Hell, there are so many songs on this album that deserve to be played live.

I hope so man. That would be awesome. Maybe they'll do an edit for it or something. Or maybe they will make their own part for the solo ... I'd be fine with both. I can see the crowd really loving that song and singing along.

That seems like the easiest and most likely way we'll hear the song live.  Just edit the solo to make it doable for Steph, it shouldn't be too hard.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

CarloDefDonno

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 10, 2016, 07:29 PM

That seems like the easiest and most likely way we'll hear the song live.  Just edit the solo to make it doable for Steph, it shouldn't be too hard.
I don't think he can't play it. I think he just doesn't want to. It's not a difficult solo at all.

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Apr 10, 2016, 07:36 PM

I don't think he can't play it. I think he just doesn't want to. It's not a difficult solo at all.

not a musician but its obvious jerry's solo is in a completely different tune than steph's guitar. may be physically impossible to play the solo and have it sound accurate w/ the song

gwenudo

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Apr 10, 2016, 07:41 PM
Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Apr 10, 2016, 07:36 PM

not a musician but its obvious jerry's solo is in a completely different tune than steph's guitar. may be physically impossible to play the solo and have it sound accurate w/ the song
Not only that but at the end where it gets heavy, itll be difficult for steph to play solo and the chuggs lol chino could probably do the chuggs, but it wont be as heavy, or he could just do the solo but lets get real here guys lol

2MoreHours

Quote from: jciraheta on Apr 10, 2016, 03:47 PM
to be honest my opinion about the whole albul theme is :  DEAD , it seems that chino is tryingt to tell that  weather you belive and god , devir or waever we are jous making a journey that everydad i s getting shorter, cloresr to the finish

that my impression but i haven read all the lyrics tho

Look at the lyrics of Xenon.  I feel like it's about demons standing by waiting for you when you depart your body.  I don't know what I am as far as Christian, Atheist of whatever.  I just like to have my eyes open to spiritual things (if there is such a thing as a spiritual realm.)  This album just said some things to me that made me wonder if I want those messages going through my head all of the time.  It's great music so I'm torn...and I know I may seem way out there to a lot of people here.  Just wanted to state my opinion. 

Xenon

You're floating out astray
This cold and lifeless body
At this moment what you taste
Is the key of your evolving

We're the lions at the gates
We're the diamond in your brain
The desire in your veins
For the violence'
And the writers of your fate

Keep riding on this wave
The desire sweeps your body