Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Never in a million years would I have guessed that the guitar intro in Hearts/Wires (the same part in in the Marc Mojo instagram studio clip) was from Sergio's bass.

gloomsquadron

I'm sure this post will be scoffed at , forgotten and ignored, but Jesus.  This site has officially hit the wall.  We're really picking on Chino's hair and fans in the crowd who have receding hairlines and yelling "Chino?"  I'm 38, going on 39, and my hair is receding.  I also yell Chino every chance I get at every live show i get to go to. The reason I fell in love with Deftones 20 years ago was the fact that every fan was included.  You could go to a show and no one would judge you or make fun of you.  The people who DID were pushed aside and marginalized.  I've been to shows where Chino stopped songs to help girls fallen in pits.  Where crowd surfers were hurt.  Eh, you know what, fuck you guys.  I was going to work really hard to respond to all of this hatred, all of this silliness, but man, I come from a world where music used to save your life.  You used to write letters and spend money on records to meet your heroes.  Love you Deftones and Chi and every bad ass dude who picked me up off the floor at a show.  I've been a member of sharing lungs for 15 years, because i can find information about the band I LOVE.  Now it's just a place for people to say dumb shit.  Cool for you.  Chino now has blonde hair.  When you're 40 and you're wife is fat and gross, or you're 40 and you're single, sign back on sharinglungs and make your judgements.  Or not.

Inkblades

Not sure if this was posted.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21547-gore/?mbid=social_twitter

Lol, 7.8. I was two points off.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 12, 2016, 05:03 AM
Rubicon was amazing live

Were you there?

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 12, 2016, 05:13 AM
Never in a million years would I have guessed that the guitar intro in Hearts/Wires (the same part in in the Marc Mojo instagram studio clip) was from Sergio's bass.

Me neither, haha, it took me of watching the video to realise that.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 12, 2016, 05:22 AM
Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 12, 2016, 05:03 AM
Rubicon was amazing live

Were you there?

Yup! I was wearing a black King Woman shirt.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

77years

So cool.  The new songs sound brilliant live

punkflop01

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 12, 2016, 05:18 AM
Not sure if this was posted.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21547-gore/?mbid=social_twitter

Lol, 7.8. I was two points off.

Rating apart, that's actually a pretty decent review of the album. Feel like the Pitchfork reviewer for once actually kind of knows what he/she is talking about.

Jerry_Curls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrjkjeSBtEk

Pretty awesome footage of RUBICON.... That moment at 3:37 tho.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

ANattyRat

Oh thank god, we have Rubicon too! Sounds awesome. Gore has a lot of songs that you can see being played live, so hopefully lots of them will have their chance at that. Hearts/Wires and Rubicon do make excellent live songs, for sure.

So...Chino doesn't play guitar on Rubicon on the album? Or you think he just didn't play it live because maybe he wanted some songs where he didn't have to stick to his guitar?

el perro

There
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 12, 2016, 08:15 AM
Oh thank god, we have Rubicon too! Sounds awesome. Gore has a lot of songs that you can see being played live, so hopefully lots of them will have their chance at that. Hearts/Wires and Rubicon do make excellent live songs, for sure.

So...Chino doesn't play guitar on Rubicon on the album? Or you think he just didn't play it live because maybe he wanted some songs where he didn't have to stick to his guitar?

There is a second guitar on the record but it's not really integral to song. More decorative. Personally I prefer without because I don't like seeing Chino restricted by a guitar, and Frank does some cool things which the second guitar distorts.

Far away

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 12, 2016, 04:13 AM
Quote from: Far away on Apr 12, 2016, 04:03 AM
Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Apr 12, 2016, 03:37 AM
Quote from: shine down unshy on Apr 12, 2016, 03:23 AM
Hoooooly shit he dyed his hair back to blonde!

-time machine to 1997-

midlife crisis? lol

Reading this shit here and deftones familia... What's with the hate/judgement? It's just fucking hair and it looks good. Maybe he's bored and wants to have fun again.

Quote from: gloomsquadron on Apr 12, 2016, 05:17 AM
I'm sure this post will be scoffed at , forgotten and ignored, but Jesus.  This site has officially hit the wall.  We're really picking on Chino's hair and fans in the crowd who have receding hairlines and yelling "Chino?"  I'm 38, going on 39, and my hair is receding.  I also yell Chino every chance I get at every live show i get to go to. The reason I fell in love with Deftones 20 years ago was the fact that every fan was included.  You could go to a show and no one would judge you or make fun of you.  The people who DID were pushed aside and marginalized.  I've been to shows where Chino stopped songs to help girls fallen in pits.  Where crowd surfers were hurt.  Eh, you know what, fuck you guys.  I was going to work really hard to respond to all of this hatred, all of this silliness, but man, I come from a world where music used to save your life.  You used to write letters and spend money on records to meet your heroes.  Love you Deftones and Chi and every bad ass dude who picked me up off the floor at a show.  I've been a member of sharing lungs for 15 years, because i can find information about the band I LOVE.  Now it's just a place for people to say dumb shit.  Cool for you.  Chino now has blonde hair.  When you're 40 and you're wife is fat and gross, or you're 40 and you're single, sign back on sharinglungs and make your judgements.  Or not.

It was a joke. He can do whatever he wants with his hair, k? Im not judging anyone.
Cheers

also, thanks for the videos guys.

gwenudo

Quote from: gloomsquadron on Apr 12, 2016, 05:17 AM
Dude, chill. You ever heard of a joke? Take a joke man. Stop taking life so serious. Live a little. And also, please ... PLEASE.. Never compare us to that cancer group familia...thank you.
Was it like it seemed?...

gwenudo

Pretty sure he plays guitar on the album but i guess during rehearsal it turned out to be too hard to play and sing that song together. He shouldnt have played guitar on the album, now we have to hear frank do his parts on some songs

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 12, 2016, 09:09 AM

Pretty sure he plays guitar on the album but i guess during rehearsal it turned out to be too hard to play and sing that song together. He shouldnt have played guitar on the album, now we have to hear frank do his parts on some songs

How is hearing Frank a bad thing? Really, the more we get to hear Frank, the better, haha. I get you, but I think it was less to do with difficulty and more to do with having songs he can move around to. Otherwise the only song from the setlist he wouldn't have played guitar on would be Rocket Skates. Seems like he prefers having a mix. Which also leads me into agreeing with you that he shouldn't play so much guitar on the album. Not that I don't like it, but wouldn't that leave even less songs from Gore for them to play live to make sure that the setlist stays balanced?

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 12, 2016, 04:46 AM
Prayers/Triangles:
http://youtu.be/xDbkRbYliDo

Hearts/Wires (better quality/longer I think):
http://youtu.be/_3Ybwqt_pqI
They still need to practice Hearts/Wires.. Lots of messy parts, also the intro was complete rubbish, out of time and out of place, that should be #1 priority in their practice list lol

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 12, 2016, 09:18 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 12, 2016, 09:09 AM

How is hearing Frank a bad thing? Really, the more we get to hear Frank, the better, haha. I get you, but I think it was less to do with difficulty and more to do with having songs he can move around to. Otherwise the only song from the setlist he wouldn't have played guitar on would be Rocket Skates. Seems like he prefers having a mix. Which also leads me into agreeing with you that he shouldn't play so much guitar on the album. Not that I don't like it, but wouldn't that leave even less songs from Gore for them to play live to make sure that the setlist stays balanced?
Well the reason hearing frank could be a bad thing is because Frank will be too busy doing Chinos parts instead of his own magical noises he makes during songs that make the live performance more.. Alive lol. But yes Chino needs to stop the whole guitar thing.. I mean it started as just a cool little thing he did for white pony all the way to SNW.. Only a couple of songs with him on guitar ya know.. Then Diamond eyes came along and nope he just had to compete more with Steph lol Chino i love you, and your good at guitar yes and the ones youve recorded on guitar sound good, but stop trying to be the primary guitarist, you have Steph.. And Steph does no wrong. Keep using your beautiful voice to its fullest potential instead of limiting yourself for the pleasure of playing a guitar.

Far away

Rubicon sounds massive live. Damn that guitar.

77years

Considering that the Rubicon video is shot at the foot of the stage, which picks up nothing but the monitors, that's a pretty intense live track. Sergio is going absolutely nuts. I knew Abe would, all of them seem to be getting into it. Chino is having problems with his monitors,  but it sounds great. Can't wait to hear it in New Orleans

mono

Quote from: Far away on Apr 12, 2016, 09:46 AM
Rubicon sounds massive live. Damn that guitar.

totally agree, I like that Chino doesn't play the guitar, it's more concentrated on singing