Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cullision

This album is breaking my heart, they're going down a path I can't follow.

gwenudo

Deftones up next after commercial break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

gwenudo

Chinos blonde hair looks way better today

gwenudo

Only one song showed on tv, i knew it

pinata89

Gay...what is it? Prayers?

gwenudo

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 13, 2016, 04:37 AM
Gay...what is it? Prayers?

Ofcourse

ANattyRat

Prayers/Triangles. Ugh, they should've let us hear a newer one.

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 13, 2016, 04:39 AM
Gotta understand this is for the mainstream media, not the real fans

shoop

Hoping for Rubicon or H/W to be added to youtube as an online exclusive.

gwenudo

Quote from: shoop on Apr 13, 2016, 04:43 AM
Hoping for Rubicon or H/W to be added to youtube as an online exclusive.
Ive been refreshing since the performance lol

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 13, 2016, 04:41 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 13, 2016, 04:39 AM
Gotta understand this is for the mainstream media, not the real fans

I guessed that when I looked on Instagram and saw the majority of the clips were of Rocket Skates and Diamond Eyes. Sucks though, for the rest of us poor souls that are waiting impatiently for them to play lots of awesome songs, haha.

AnotherVaper

adrenaline through SNW is all 2007 for me.i listened to a burned copy of white pony an old friend gave me two or three years after he made me a copy. loved it and bought all the albums at that point in a week. out of high school, first decent job. DE is my first apartment and first time seeing the band. KNY my crappy studio apartment i had so many good memories in. this album, first apartment with my wife and moving to a house. absolutely love this record so much. its hitting me right in the feels right now. it was getting there for me on "getting it" but now its 5 days after the day it dropped and its there for me, at least. WE'RE THE LIONS AT THE GATES.

pinata89

Quote from: AnotherVaper on Apr 13, 2016, 05:07 AM
adrenaline through SNW is all 2007 for me.i listened to a burned copy of white pony an old friend gave me two or three years after he made me a copy. loved it and bought all the albums at that point in a week. out of high school, first decent job. DE is my first apartment and first time seeing the band. KNY my crappy studio i had so many good memories in. this album, first apartment with my wife and moving to a house. absolutely love this record so much. its hitting me right in the feels right now. it was getting there for me on "getting it" but now its 5 days after the day it dropped and its there for me, at least. WE'RE THE LIONS AT THE GATES.
Congrats man. This album grabbed me immediately, hope it stays that way

AnotherVaper

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 13, 2016, 05:09 AM
Quote from: AnotherVaper on Apr 13, 2016, 05:07 AM
adrenaline through SNW is all 2007 for me.i listened to a burned copy of white pony an old friend gave me two or three years after he made me a copy. loved it and bought all the albums at that point in a week. out of high school, first decent job. DE is my first apartment and first time seeing the band. KNY my crappy studio i had so many good memories in. gore, first apartment with my wife and moving to a house. absolutely love this record so much. its hitting me right in the feels right now. it was getting there for me on "getting it" but now its 5 days after the day it dropped and its there for me, at least. WE'RE THE LIONS AT THE GATES.
Congrats man. This album grabbed me immediately, hope it stays that way

shin

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 12, 2016, 08:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrjkjeSBtEk

Pretty awesome footage of RUBICON.... That moment at 3:37 tho.

What the fuck is Sergio playing?!? Is it a 6 string bass or a baritone?

Someone tell me now!

Sergio really is shining on this record for sure, which is great. It feels like they are really coming back now after Chi. In a way this is the next White Pony, the 3rd album with the current line-up and we know that deftones just gets better with age and experience as a band.

So happy GORE everyone!

AnotherVaper

yeah, gore is bees knees for me. they've never disappointed me. i always get like this with album releases. i say oh its good. well its okay... then a few days later i say why did i doubt it?

AnotherVaper

Quote from: shin on Apr 13, 2016, 05:12 AM
Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 12, 2016, 08:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrjkjeSBtEk

Pretty awesome footage of RUBICON.... That moment at 3:37 tho.

What the fuck is Sergio playing?!? Is it a 6 string bass or a baritone?

6 string bass.

Hidalgo

am i reaching here, or can the beginning of hearts/wires be considered a guitar solo by Stephen? that along with the eros song Dallas, & goon squad

i think so, but he needs to do one that's not boarder line, & learn that phantom bride solo

ANattyRat

Quote from: Hidalgo on Apr 13, 2016, 05:23 AM
am i reaching here, or can the beginning of hearts/wires be considered a guitar solo by Stephen? that along with the eros song Dallas, & goon squad

i think so, but he needs to do one that's not boarder line, & learn that phantom bride solo

He doesn't need to, they've never had to, and it's never been something he's wanted to do, which is why they got Jerry to do the solo. Because Stef wasn't going to do one. They'd probably just skip the solo if they played it live. But hey, he might surprise us and give it a go.

Freedomsoldier17

After a week or so...

Prayers/Triangles...kinda sad the honeymoon effect I had on this song wore off but it's still amazing in sound. Grown to enjoy the bridge. Chorus and verses still epic. 5/5

Acid Hologram is heavy as shit. Although it isn't fast, I definitely feel like there may be some steph influences. Real dark and sinister in a great way. 4.5/5

Doomed User still pretty meh for me. I've grown on the vocals kind of, but the guitar riff is not resonant with me and it's still kinda forgettable for me. 2.5/5

Geometric Headdress is awesome, love the constant back and forth in Chino's vocals. And that chorus man, very catchy. And that ending riff, makes the song very memorable. But I agree with others in say Abe's drums are too far back, you can especially notice it in this song. 5/5

Hearts/Wires is great too. The intro is definitely interesting, it sounds kinda like it was done live and not mixed at all, but that produces a certain rawness. Verses chill and catchy. 5/5

I still don't like pittura much. Don't like the consistent high vocals. But that part from 2:24 to about 2:50 is neat, love that riff. 2.5/5

Xenon is also still skippable. The vocals in the verses are spacey and cool in a good way but that's it. That weird guitar riff isn't catchy imo and the chorus is still not doing anything for me. 2/5

(L)MIRL pretty good as well. That dark and foggy beginning and gradual come up. And that super space rock chorus, definitely feels like a progression from DE and KNY.  4/5

Gore has kinda grown on me as of late. The verses are space rocky in vocals but raw and sharp as well, that beginning riff. And that drop of heaviness sounds dope. The second half of the chorus still somewhat ruins the song for me though, like Xenon it just isn't catchy and doesn't register positively in my mind. And the outro is still boring, but those last tunes run very smoothly when going into the next song 3/5

Phantom Bride is still amazing, favorite song hands down. I love everything, the lyrics(which i can really relate to), the vocals(how Chino carries them back and forth), the backing atmosphere(that backing sound effect really makes the song, whatever it is). And the chorus, very catchy and resonant for me. Jerry's solo fits in super well, matches the tone of the song and isn't just something random. And the heaviness in the final minute, just holy crap, definitely Steph-esque. 5/5

Rubicon. Just great song. What particularly shines here for me is Chino's vocals. He shows serious range here. And the verses, with Steph being dark and heavy, very pleasing to my ears. The overall production is great, you can hear everyone in the band just jamming out and doing what they do...making good music. 4.5/5