Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quietcolor

Gore is the shit. End of story. & for those who are rocking the 180g vinyl like I am- the experience is so heightened its ridiculous. Hard for me to listen on anything other than disc at this point because the rest sounds soulless.
it's so simple to look at every little thing i do wrong. it's so simple to overlook every little thing i do right.

Jerry_Curls

^ I was playing side 2 of disc 1 (Geometric Headdress/HW) and as soon as it finished, my dad was like...

"Is that the new deftones?? Wow, it sounds amazing"

Deftones... Transcending generations.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

sooniletugo

That's awesome. My dad stumbled upon Diamond Eyes by himself after hearing YSTB on the radio and he raved about it, especially Royal, and he checked out White Pony too and thought it was even better, but he wasn't a fan of KNY. However, he did come to a live show after that and had a great time, although he was disappointed they didn't play Royal or Elite. Which I saw them play the previous time mwahah. :D

Hinojos

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but may I have accidentally stumbled on the font used for the song titles on the back of the booklet and the album cover if anyone is interested:
Bodoni XT
http://www.dafont.com/bodoni-xt.font?text=GORE%2C+PHANTOM+BRIDE

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I really dig this record. Expected not to enjoy it like I still do as i dont really enjoy the last 2 records (minus a few moments/tracks)... Also get a vibe from a couple few songs like Chino is singing to his band and or us fans ??? I feel this on other records as well but not like this one. Im prob way off but hearing the title track I imagine C telling Sergio as Sergio is writing his ass off on this record and even this track ".....your now running this gang" or "one of the gang" even to himself maybe? its just the imagination working this way. May fav thing about C's lyricism is just this. He mentions togetherness a lot and slipping/cruising etc....away together and in other songs on recent records too. LMIRL blows me away. Hearts grew on me a lot though i don't enjoy the first few minutes as much as others do. it does feel frankensteined together in that way TO ME but i come to love it altogether i guess. from 4 min and on i get goosebumps still. I have a lot more to say abt the record but for now i want to close with and get something out I've been dreading to say or even give in to and realize.....It was hard to get that "Deftones record about to drop real soon" feeling I've gotten the last 18 -19 years until i heard clips and talks of how great it really is around feb/march. I for the first time now, worry that either i may lose that passion (the deep down bottom of my heart, drop anything im doing hang up on whoever im talking to even my boss feeling to catch a glimpse of whats to come because theres one chance. Or idk, drive to 4 - 5 stores from 2-5am on april 8th desperately to find Gore on the shelf already and can't sleep bc i know in 2 hours the shelves will stock up and ill be sleeping missing out like there is no more time in my life to get it and hear it properly again lolzz... was this way with Wutang and Janes Addiction growing up along with Deftones and a few others. Watched these other bands/groups I still am fond of slowly die or fade away with shitty material or breakups and fear that now with DT for some reason for the first time ever like I do right now. Even tho I never fell in love with KNY that record still told me they were still 100% into this and stuck together like glue after all these great years. But four years went by and I guess four years from now seems scary this time. A lot of things like age, taste, success and however they take it, etc when i think about don't give me a great feeling like it all used to and i hope I'm wrong. I fucking love this band. Any music lover i meet or have known, i almost push this band on them lolzz.... to the point i probably sound like im part of the band and an agenda! And after all though, I'm just like u guys. only as connected as u all are in being a fan.  I remember defending WP to my peers bc where i grew up it wasnt the defining and career making album critics and fans say it was. ST especially. I was 19 i think in 2000 and until recently had the same if not better fire burning my ass which DT lit up under me. Im no writer, maybe i cant explain exactly the way it sits with me but i hate it. hell it could be my age and taste. But i dont think so :) LONG LIVE THE GREAT DEFTONES and may I be wrong please god
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

btw, i did however change the life of a young man, 20 years old i think....I have an apprentice on my job right now who carpools with me and never heard DT. Asked who it was one day. Another day...asked again over a text when he was out at night with some friends and i hooked him up slowly from then on. over a month period he was introduced to the catalogue in order and swears this music just made his life more enjoyable and claims they are his favorite band now! I dont know how it feels to hear it all at once or even over a couple years but i sure hope it's something enough to stay with him because he is genuinely happy with this, like asking questions about lyrics which nobody can answer and he liked that even more when i explained that to him and hearing which songs he likes most and he says it changes every listen! thats what ive gotten out of them to over a long period but i realize I have more than half my life wrapped up in Deftones when it comes to memories. He straight up has all this heavenly material going at once and i am so interested in how that feels and how he feels about it. He says hes obsessed and said to me "thanks fucker!" I cant concentrate!He and myself are both amazed that he never knew they existed. And im not sure what else he is into besides the crap of todays generation like wayne,drake etc whatever their genre is. Isnt rap or hip hop if u asked me anyways. All i know is he seems done with those things and all i did was offer him a ride 2 hours a day listening to DT one day and he cant wait to get into the car every day and sit in on my bose sound  in the wife's new Lincoln ;D To relate back to topic.....GORE IS A CLASSIC

Ashtiel

Quote from: Hinojos on Apr 23, 2016, 11:11 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but may I have accidentally stumbled on the font used for the song titles on the back of the booklet and the album cover if anyone is interested:
Bodoni XT

Didot is the actual name of the font used for Gore's title.

Hinojos

Quote from: Ashtiel on Apr 24, 2016, 07:07 AM
Quote from: Hinojos on Apr 23, 2016, 11:11 AM
Bodoni XT

Didot is the actual name of the font used for Gore's title.

Yeah that looks more like it but idk, both fonts are very similar. Mine is like a bolder version.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

PITTURA....I am especially convinced C is talking to the music they make or music in general in this one. Anyone else hear this too? And other tracks on Gore? And now that I've kind of dissected and analyzed this album a little at this point, I am hearing that in a lot of their previous material from C lyrics that I thought of a certain way totally different before, they r starting to seem this way to me as well! it's crazy! :P again my favorite thing about his lyricism.

cvthedrv

am i the only one who loves to death pittura?, man that middle guitar par is awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hinojos

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 24, 2016, 10:37 PM
am i the only one who loves to death pittura?, man that middle guitar par is awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee

I love it too for sure, the part that stands out for me is when Chino sings "To bathe in your sunlight." The way Chino sings the word "light" is crazy clean and technical even for his standards haha.

illthrowROCKS@U

Pittura is one of my favorite songs on Gore after Acid and Lmirl. The bridge is ridiculous!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Shadow46/2

It seriously went from my least favorite to possibly my favorite. A classic.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

sooniletugo

Agreed. It's totally epic. quite like one of the later parts of Palms - Mission Sunset.

ANattyRat

Yeah, Pittura Infamante is a great song. The opening part was unexpected, I remember thinking I'd accidentally hit 'shuffle' and it went onto a random band. Another song with lyrics I think are brilliant.

mono

Maybe not the best of the album, but I really like it a lot! I totally agree with the "middle guitat" love!

pelican fly

better than their last 3 records as a 'complete' album
love the vibe and how it all goes together

cvthedrv

first time listening the vinyl, sounds amazing!!!

Dryalex12

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 25, 2016, 01:27 AM
Yeah, Pittura Infamante is a great song. The opening part was unexpected, I remember thinking I'd accidentally hit 'shuffle' and it went onto a random band. Another song with lyrics I think are brilliant.

Im not gonna lie i though my cd was on shuffle too an it switch to a MCR song.....but i heard chino's voice

Ashtiel

Doomed User and Gore have helped me to appreciate Deftones' heavier stuff (ATF/Adrenaline) era, funny how that turns out. I wasn't too fond of Doomed User when it came out but once you actually get into it...shit.