Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinata89

Quote from: SCUM on Apr 16, 2016, 12:25 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 15, 2016, 09:51 PM
I think my honeymoon phase with Gore might be ending.  :'( Oh, it was sweet while it lasted.

same. still is on my rotation thou. been listening to SUMAC and autolux.
You digging the new Autolux? It was a grower, but a very solid album

pixElsblUr

Hey bro, sorry, I got busy didn't realize you posted till today, um really, I like the whole album in general, love the riffs on Acid Hologram, I think they are fucking dope! saw the performances on yt from jimmy, Chino was on q, I really like how he handled Prayers/Triangles...

This is why they are my favorite band, they never disappoint, every new album is it's own, they don't recycle their sound, they put effort in to their art and I appreciated that... all good with you I hope man.  peace.

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Apr 15, 2016, 03:55 AM
Quote from: pixElsblUr on Apr 15, 2016, 02:59 AM
I been digging it

sup old timer!  what's your favorite (and least favorite) track(s)?

from_musings

Quote from: Bergerac on Apr 14, 2016, 11:54 PM
Left my feelings on his review at the top of the comments under 'klojinum'.

Quote from: klojinum

Where to start...

Rather than give a legitimate review, you've let your listening be tempered by the pressure to review it.

You don't truly elaborate on any of the passages bar the guitars on Acid Hologram. I mean, I like Sunn 0))), but you talk about the fucking layers of sound on their tracks in great detail even though they're playing a single note for 8 minutes. Naturally that's a joke, but there's an alarming grain of truth in it.

You didn't explain why you dislike the melodies or the instrumental writing, comment on the drums or bass at all other than to complain about the 'overall' production.

You spent most of the review slamming the fans of the band, making absolutely irrelevant comparisons to bands like Staind, and talking about 'Nu-Metal' like Deftones were ever a part of it - rather than being misfortunately surrounded by it.

You've rubbished the context of the songs as 'melodrama' without really divulging what makes you feel that way and the point comes across more like you simply don't like it for being 'downbeat'. If there even was a point made.

What is the fucking point in waiting for you to critique an album that's worth at least talking about seriously, in between months of damned Pop and Hip Hop reviews of albums with absolutely fuck all to say for themselves?

Gore isn't exactly my favourite album, S/T will remain the peak of their emotional resonance for me, and as others have said, I'm fine with people disliking the album. On the few forums I frequent I've been quicker to speak to the people who were unhappy with the album than the sycophants who loved it purely because it was 'Deftones'. The album took three listens to gel with me and my first listen was incredibly underwhelming though I've come to like it since. According to you however, I can't ascertain 'quality'? I can't take that seriously. We're talking about the band that wrote songs like 'Knife Prty'.

I've seen hardcore Deftones fans reveal their great disappointment with more reserve and dignity than this. This video marks the point for me where you've stopped doing 'reviews' and just spat childish shit about the intended audience because you were in a bad mood when you listened to it.

Is that supposed to be a review?

Unsubscribed.

I took the liberty of posting it here, hope you don't mind  8)

Vesanic

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Apr 15, 2016, 01:02 AM
Also, the Prayers/Triangles video looks like an iPod commercial.

It's exactly what it is. They're Apple clients now too.

pixElsblUr

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 16, 2016, 06:51 PM
Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Apr 15, 2016, 01:02 AM
Also, the Prayers/Triangles video looks like an iPod commercial.

It's exactly what it is. They're Apple clients now too.

my exact thoughts dude

Seven

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 16, 2016, 05:55 PM
Quote from: Bergerac on Apr 14, 2016, 11:54 PM
Left my feelings on his review at the top of the comments under 'klojinum'.

Quote from: klojinum

Where to start...

Rather than give a legitimate review, you've let your listening be tempered by the pressure to review it.

You don't truly elaborate on any of the passages bar the guitars on Acid Hologram. I mean, I like Sunn 0))), but you talk about the fucking layers of sound on their tracks in great detail even though they're playing a single note for 8 minutes. Naturally that's a joke, but there's an alarming grain of truth in it.

You didn't explain why you dislike the melodies or the instrumental writing, comment on the drums or bass at all other than to complain about the 'overall' production.

You spent most of the review slamming the fans of the band, making absolutely irrelevant comparisons to bands like Staind, and talking about 'Nu-Metal' like Deftones were ever a part of it - rather than being misfortunately surrounded by it.

You've rubbished the context of the songs as 'melodrama' without really divulging what makes you feel that way and the point comes across more like you simply don't like it for being 'downbeat'. If there even was a point made.

What is the fucking point in waiting for you to critique an album that's worth at least talking about seriously, in between months of damned Pop and Hip Hop reviews of albums with absolutely fuck all to say for themselves?

Gore isn't exactly my favourite album, S/T will remain the peak of their emotional resonance for me, and as others have said, I'm fine with people disliking the album. On the few forums I frequent I've been quicker to speak to the people who were unhappy with the album than the sycophants who loved it purely because it was 'Deftones'. The album took three listens to gel with me and my first listen was incredibly underwhelming though I've come to like it since. According to you however, I can't ascertain 'quality'? I can't take that seriously. We're talking about the band that wrote songs like 'Knife Prty'.

I've seen hardcore Deftones fans reveal their great disappointment with more reserve and dignity than this. This video marks the point for me where you've stopped doing 'reviews' and just spat childish shit about the intended audience because you were in a bad mood when you listened to it.

Is that supposed to be a review?

Unsubscribed.

I took the liberty of posting it here, hope you don't mind  8)

Yawn...
zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Vesanic

"I'm fine with people disliking the album"

Lol how fucking nice of you. I dig the album but that's truly a despicable statement. Open up, dude.

one weak

haven't been this psyched about deftones in 10 years. i might even go to a show this time around.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Seven on Apr 16, 2016, 05:21 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 15, 2016, 02:12 AM
Comments have been disabled on the video.... lol

U are wrong boy, open your eyes! A light 4/10! It's hard though!

They showed up as disabled on my phone that day, not sure why.

Anyway, you're quite the character aren't you?
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

from_musings

Quote from: one weak on Apr 16, 2016, 10:03 PM
haven't been this psyched about deftones in 10 years. i might even go to a show this time around.

that's awesome

fireflyry

Quote from: Seven on Apr 16, 2016, 05:21 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfsooZS6v50&feature=youtu.be

I don't share the same opinion as theneedledrop. I like gore.
But this totally smack the pseudo hadcore fucktards Deftones fans!
These goofy, morons usually come with comments as "Consider quality over quantity" or when someone compares a band/lead singer to Deftones/Chino " he's DEFINITELY not as creative as Chino, not in a billion parallel universes." LMFAO @ the mark 08:44.. But the whole review smack these awful fans, they just suck dick, seriously though. you stupid schmuck.

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 15, 2016, 02:12 AM
Comments have been disabled on the video.... lol

U are wrong boy, open your eyes! A light 4/10! It's hard though!

Gore.I dig it.

theneedledrop....where to start on this dude.

He's a great blogger but he's in no way shape or form a music critic. He does great in depth reviews...on albums he digs. The ones he doesn't.....after clearly 2-3 listens at most he sums it up, pans that shit and turfs it. If it's even close to being a distant relation or even having distant 3rd cousin association with anything "nu-metal" or that whole 90's scene he so clearly and automatically abhors it will never get a fair or non-subjective review unless it concerns one of the bands he dug that sold FUCK ALL albums and nobody gave two shits about at the time.

I dig his opinion but it's highly subjective and anything but critique. It's a blog.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Vesanic

Quote from: fireflyry on Apr 17, 2016, 11:15 AM
Gore.I dig it.

theneedledrop....where to start on this dude.

He's a great blogger but he's in no way shape or form a music critic. He does great in depth reviews...on albums he digs. The ones he doesn't.....after clearly 2-3 listens at most he sums it up, pans that shit and turfs it. If it's even close to being a distant relation or even having distant 3rd cousin association with anything "nu-metal" or that whole 90's scene he so clearly and automatically abhors it will never get a fair or non-subjective review unless it concerns one of the bands he dug that sold FUCK ALL albums and nobody gave two shits about at the time.

I dig his opinion but it's highly subjective and anything but critique. It's a blog.

That's why it works. It's easy. It's part of YouTube's fast-food joint. And his intro line is cheesy as hell. People like cheesy.

elite54

Can anyone confirm or deny that Chino or Stephan fucked his wife? People dislike bands all the time, but this sounded personal. Also, is his alias Andrew Bryant from Pitchfork?

SCUM

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 16, 2016, 05:22 PM
Quote from: SCUM on Apr 16, 2016, 12:25 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 15, 2016, 09:51 PM
I think my honeymoon phase with Gore might be ending.  :'( Oh, it was sweet while it lasted.

same. still is on my rotation thou. been listening to SUMAC and autolux.
You digging the new Autolux? It was a grower, but a very solid album

it's def a grower - i agree. i'm digging it thou. i'm glad they continue to evolve with every album instead of doing the same shit expected

cvthedrv

i really like how many people dislike this album, all of my deftones albums are the ones which are underrated, and i feel kind of good with that.

pinata89

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 17, 2016, 07:16 PM
i really like how many people dislike this album, all of my deftones albums are the ones which are underrated, and i feel kind of good with that.
Ditto.

pelican fly

you should. this stuff is gonna sound great in a nice venue.

Gore is their best album since SNW.

E-Money

Quote from: pelican fly on Apr 17, 2016, 08:44 PM

you should. this stuff is gonna sound great in a nice venue.

Gore is their best album since SNW.

Absolutely.

Seven

@firefly - Yeah, I got you, check theneedledrop review - Slipknot- .5: The Gray Chapter. He loves the first albums of Slipknot, etc.. I just take his opinion as someone else on sharing lungs, I prefer this type of opinion that some manufactured opinion on the media.

Seven

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 17, 2016, 07:16 PM

Underrated? "highest charting album ever in the UK.  Other countries so far that they've charted their highest ever include New Zealand, Germany, and the Netherlands," and so on and on.

Always the same moron.