Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

LG95 · 2749 · 263911

Offline LG95

• Ohms
Maynard's apparently interviewed about it in that feature.
I could float here forever

Offline Inkblades

• Ohms
  • I think you know the truth.
The fact that they are posting about the Revolver article on their social media makes me think we're not getting any real news today and I doubt tomorrow, either. Bummer.

Offline Sleeping_Giant

• Genesis
There will be no announcement this week since WP Anniversary Crap is more important...I hope SNW Anniversary will be celebrated the same way.

Offline Roidragee

• Genesis
We probably won't hear much about the new album in August because of WP stuff. Hope I'm wrong

Offline Yossarian

• Urantia
  • whiteponyxxx
We probably won't hear much about the new album in August because of WP stuff. Hope I'm wrong

Actually, from record labels business view it might have sense to create buzz around band on occasion of anniversary first. Activate some dormant listeners, create PR hype and only then release new material in hope of getting better reach for it that way. Hope Im wrong too.
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I donít know where it comes from."

Offline sharinglungs

• Ohms
Not to sound like a conspiracy or anything, but one of the cover artists for revolver just released a new single in conjunction with the magazine cover...

So it's not impossible to think deftones could do something similar next week maybe?

Or tomorrow?

Offline Inkblades

• Ohms
Not to sound like a conspiracy or anything, but one of the cover artists for revolver just released a new single in conjunction with the magazine cover...

So it's not impossible to think deftones could do something similar next week maybe?

Or tomorrow?

Doubtful...unless rumors wants to prove me wrong.

BTW that artist you're talking about is Greg Puciato from The Dillinger Escape Plan and The Black Queen. His singles have been solid so far - I'm looking forward to his album.

Offline Lincblade

• Headless

Or tomorrow?

Doubtful...unless rumors wants to prove me wrong.

BTW that artist you're talking about is Greg Puciato from The Dillinger Escape Plan and The Black Queen. His singles have been solid so far - I'm looking forward to his album.

Iím a huge DEP fan. Havenít met many fans of theirs, if any in my personal life. Greg is a cool dude.

Offline sharinglungs

• Ohms
I think the only glimmer of hope we have is that rumors has been around, which means we are getting close.

Offline LG95

• Ohms
They're not going to drop a single out of nowhere. They'll tease it at least a couple of days before.
I could float here forever

Offline Roidragee

• Genesis
What if rumors was just joking and wasn't serious in the reply

Offline Yossarian

• Urantia
  • whiteponyxxx
They're not going to drop a single out of nowhere. They'll tease it at least a couple of days before.

Leathers and Hole in the earth were released this way, so maybe...
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I donít know where it comes from."

Offline sharinglungs

• Ohms

Then hopefully we'll get a teaser trailer like we did for rocket skates.

Tease on Friday, release single Tuesday.

I don't think it'll happen this week, but we're all dreamers.

Offline Sal_Ameigh

• Urantia

Then hopefully we'll get a teaser trailer like we did for rocket skates.

Tease on Friday, release single Tuesday.

I don't think it'll happen this week, but we're all dreamers.

Remember a few years ago when Aphex Twin released an album on The Dark Web?
8)

Offline Inkblades

• Ohms
Maybe TokyoDrifter forgot his password

Never.

Hi Camilo, how's it going? When are you guys going to announce this thing? Don't make us wait too long now!

Offline 976-EVIL

• Pompeji
  • Deftones till I Die !!
Yeah what Inkblades said!!!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Offline sharinglungs

• Ohms
I think it might be real, because Chino loves "Earth" as a topic lol.. .

Offline 976-EVIL

• Pompeji
  • Deftones till I Die !!
Damn it, I hate I am so technically inept!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.