Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

I appreciate your opinion! However you don't seem to understand how this is not a one-person decision or move. We're several on reddit, and this goes waaay beyond me.

Drop-Dead

Ok guys, been talking with Vesanic about this. I've been through countless leaks over the past 20 years, die hard fans didnt stop buying an album or supporting the band because a shitty leaked track but surely I didn't changed the layout to dark colours to turn SharingLungs into a russian leak forum, so don't get confused with the looks of it. Here's my point of view...We're a community, everyone is free of talking about that reddit or something leak. You'll probably be listening to a leaked song, let's not pretend nobody clicks on that download link, we know how things work. We can't forbid you to do that. Because of this LEAKS AREN'T A TABOO SUBJECT BUT SHARING DIRECT LINKS HERE IS! So please don't share them.
Feel free to talk but please respect the band and each other.

GR1X7S

Emotions are high and patience is growing thin but I'm happy that we got to hear a few minutes of new material to really get the hype train goin.. 

Vesanic

Cheers Nuno.

For the sake of understanding, I don't claim a bad quality leak will have an impact on the record/ticket sales to the point it'll throw them into an abyss. I'm not delusional.

We're also in a time where nobody can tour, and that's the biggest part of their income. If monitoring leaks can help them get extra crumbs, provide a little more for their touring crew, or anything of importance, sign me up: public leaks are not allowed on this forum. Again, they never were, they never will be.

If your concern was to actually hear the leak, you'd do your research and dig it up for yourself. It's 2020. This is the last time I'm explaining my stance on this. I've received enough shit since I joined the community in 2006 and been involved deep enough to know what to expect: it's still not going to change.

Thanks to all of those who respect the policy and are helping out. As far as I'm concerned, I really appreciate it.

EDIT: I didn't want to be called out for hypocrisy, so I made private the DeftonesLive video where I shared Abe's clip. If you're curious, it's still up on their official Instagram (video section).

nicklav

Lockdown the forum just to be safe! Existing members only until album release.

Roidragee

Anyone who's heard of the new tracks, Stef's tuning is for sure lower than drop E based off those heavy songs right? I couldn't tell based off the quality but the guitar sounded either in Drop E or lower than that on those tracks. I remember Sergio saying they played in a new tuning for the album

rumors

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 27, 2020, 08:08 PM
We are waiting :) it's all we can do really.

Also, ain't shit happening until @rumors pops his head in.
;) ;) ;)

Formant

Quote from: Roidragee on Jul 29, 2020, 02:39 AM
Anyone who's heard of the new tracks, Stef's tuning is for sure lower than drop E based off those heavy songs right? I couldn't tell based off the quality but the guitar sounded either in Drop E or lower than that on those tracks. I remember Sergio saying they played in a new tuning for the album

Yes, he is! It is clear from his TC Electronic video months ago (where he is playing his pink 8 string) that he is a half step down. Rehersal pictures on the band's Instagram also show him playing power chords from the lowest string. And on the clip Abe showed weeks ago, that riff is just an Eb power chord.

So probably not in a drop tuning at all, but a half step down. Tuned like Meshuggah, essentially-- so F-Bb-Eb-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb.

Probably too obsessive on my part, but that's what the album wait has done for me!

(God knows what he's got going on if he's using a 9 string)

976-EVIL

Rumors is in the room? Oh my! And yes kinda feels like WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON!

Easy we are all on the same Team....
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

sharinglungs

Quote from: rumors on Jul 29, 2020, 03:19 AM

;) ;) ;)

:)  don't think we ever forgot about you homey!

Roidragee

is rumors popping up a good thing or something? I'm kinda new to this place  ;)

sharinglungs

Quote from: Roidragee on Jul 29, 2020, 03:59 AM
is rumors popping up a good thing or something? I'm kinda new to this place  ;)

Let's just say, whenever they show up, stuff happens.

No one knows who they really are, but it's either a band member or a part of the deftones team.

Inkblades

;) ;) ;)

Now it's a motherfucking party. All we need is tokyodrifter to drop by and it will be a full on fiesta.

Penicks

;) ;) ;)
oh shit son

976-EVIL

God help me, Let's Go!
You Guys make me laugh...
Beyond Excited for New Tones!!!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

DenakDW

maybe tomorrow? maybe friday? god, i can barely wait.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

Gaz

It's always good when rumors pops back up!

DeftonesNZ

I'm just excited there's stuff on the way, I got into a lot of different bands largely thanks to Deftones and how they opened my eyes to different genres etc. so there's always someone releasing something, but when new Deftones is on the way it's still different for me.

There's something special about it, sounds fucked up but when there's a lot bullshit going on in the world or just my own life hearing new Deftones or knowing something is coming is one of those treats that just cuts through all the shit and makes me feel like everything's going to be fine.

Yossarian

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jul 29, 2020, 08:57 AM
hearing new Deftones or knowing something is coming is one of those treats that just cuts through all the shit and makes me feel like everything's going to be fine.

Same... isn't this what "Koi no yokan" means?:)
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

ChubbyChino

the hype is almost as huge as my penis