Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N0S3BLEED976

Can't say i like the title. Gore was a cool one-word album name, the new one is kind of what I would expect from a cheesy prog-rock band

Inkblades

Around the Fur and Saturday Night Wrist are my favorite album titles because they are so aggressively weird and unique. The new album title isn't quite as weird, but I do like how it's a word that almost doesn't sound like a word at all.

God

Legend says... the inspiration comes from the unique or weird mexican 6ix9ine

Inkblades

You are aggressively unfunny.

laurapalmer

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jul 07, 2020, 12:12 AM
Can't say i like the title. Gore was a cool one-word album name, the new one is kind of what I would expect from a cheesy prog-rock band

I'm currently of a similar mindframe but I feel like it may slowly grow on me as a title in a way Diamond Eyes mostly did.

dCthestar

Quote from: Lincblade on Jul 06, 2020, 09:03 PM
Someone in the comments of the PRP article claims to have heard 4 or so songs already. Wonder if they're telling the truth?

"In the same way that DE was different and new from SNW or Gore sounded different than DE and KNY. I've heard 4 songs and so far from what I've heard if Anyone was expecting a heavy album or a Steph heavy album I hate to burst your bubble. This sounds more like a KNY & Gore mix but a lot better than Gore. Everyone is different though that's just my interpretation."

Don't see why they'd lie but 4 songs of a likely 10-11 song album isn't quite enough to say if it is or isn't Steph heavy. I don't believe it'll be Steph heavy per se. But I vaguely remember reading something awhile back saying that he was definitely more involved and had more of a presence this time around.
W

That is me on theprp. Citiumdc is the email I even used to sign up on here and I absolutely have heard 4 songs from the new album.  Also I wasn't trying to judge the album as a whole but someone asked me to expand on my opinion of the music I've heard so far and I extrapolated. There could very well be 5-6 heavier songs I haven't heard yet. That's completely possible. My buddy I showed a song to did say that he thought the first half of the song sounded like a little less heavy hexagram. Music is subjective I'm not trying to mold anyone's expectations but was just trying to answer questions asked. Thanks, I've been a fan since adrenaline so I'm glad to have found this community.

illthrowROCKS@U

I'm lost... where are people getting the album title from?
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

kurtone

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Jul 07, 2020, 06:57 PM
I'm lost... where are people getting the album title from?

Chino said it in an Instagram live interview. The interview has either been taken down or edited that part out.

Vesanic

Thanks everyone for sticking to the rules, I appreciate it.

Penicks

when it leaks u best share it here first nigga

Inkblades

I'm becoming a little concerned that both Chino and Abe's answers in recent interviews have been "Uh, September...I think?". We're only two months away from September, so you'd think they'd answer with more confidence if they had a specific date locked down. It feels like we're closer now that we have an album title, but until there's an official announcement, things still feel somewhat up in the air. Hoping I'm wrong.

Yossarian

Hello, I do understand you guys can't share title of coming album directly. Can you drop some clue though?
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Thanatos

Quote from: Penicks on Jul 07, 2020, 09:17 PM
when it leaks u best share it here first nigga

As a black man I find this offensive

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Yossarian on Jul 07, 2020, 10:20 PM
Hello, I do understand you guys can't share title of coming album directly. Can you drop some clue though?

For real. Someone earlier mentioned to use Google.. but no mention of it anywhere that I can find, and I've tried several different search combinations. Nothing.  :-\
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

LG95

I gave a pretty solid clue on the previous page.
I could float here forever

Vesanic

I'd just like to remind that the circulating name is only an interpretation on Chino pronouncing it on a live chat. The spelling could be entirely wrong, thus the meaning as well.

Besides, we don't know if the whole band or the label has actually validated it. Sure, it would be surprising if Chino had said a name that didn't get the go-ahead, but remember the self-titled was gonna be called "Lovers" and they changed their mind later in the process.

Who's to say they're not gonna do it this time too, especially with that leak?

Basically, us spreading the name right now would be borderline misinformation.

Hidalgo

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 08, 2020, 12:07 AM
I'd just like to remind that the circulating name is only an interpretation on Chino pronouncing it on a live chat. The spelling could be entirely wrong, thus the meaning as well.

Besides, we don't know if the whole band or the label has actually validated it. Sure, it would be surprising if Chino had said a name that didn't get the go-ahead, but remember the self-titled was gonna be called "Lovers" and they changed their mind later in the process.

Who's to say they're not gonna do it this time too, especially with that leak?

i was just thinking this. he may have said something with a different spelling, and it could get changed last minute. so it's not a for sure deal, until it's made official by them

Yossarian

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 08, 2020, 12:07 AM

But of course! In fact I only want to know this word so I can ultra hard avoid accidental mentioning it when speaking of new album.
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Roidragee

Did the album name ever get leaked for Gore before it got officially announced? I wonder if they'll just announce the name soon since some people already have an idea of the title name.

Vesanic

I don't remember to be honest. I think it was?