Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaz

So here's a question, that I want people to answer honestly and truthfully

Who actually knows more than they are letting on? there must be someone.......

N0S3BLEED976

Vesanic

Quote from: Gaz on Aug 13, 2020, 09:23 AM
So here's a question, that I want people to answer honestly and truthfully

Who actually knows more than they are letting on? there must be someone.......

lol get em

Gaz

sharinglungs

If I had to guess, there's probably one maybe two people not named rumors or tokyodrifter that might know something, not everything, but something.

This will be our first Terry Date produced album since 2003.

That's the year I graduated high school.... Bruhhhh

Vesanic

Damn. Mentioning the last-released as opposed to the last-made (Eros) really puts it into perspective.

sharinglungs

Every album they've made with Terry was absolute fire... This is why I have high hopes for the new album.

There Will Be Blood

Don't you guys love going to bed and waking up knowing we are one day closer to a new deftones record? I think about that every day to get me out of this horrible covid 2020 year. I guess it's therapy to look forward too .

Gaz

Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Aug 13, 2020, 10:14 AM
Don't you guys love going to bed and waking up knowing we are one day closer to a new deftones record? I think about that every day to get me out of this horrible covid 2020 year. I guess it's therapy to look forward too .

Yes this. The build up is always good, constantly checking for updates, hell I've been doing it since White Pony and still get a kick out of it!

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: Gaz on Aug 13, 2020, 10:20 AM
Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Aug 13, 2020, 10:14 AM

Yes this. The build up is always good, constantly checking for updates, hell I've been doing it since White Pony and still get a kick out of it!

So glad as a kid my first concert was the back to school tour in 2000. Was taproot, incubus and deftones headlined. I'm blessed to have seen say isn't so/ 7 words!  Damn that was 20 years ago .

Vesanic

Hard to say what's gonna happen and when. If it was this Friday like some of you think, it'd probably be just a coincidence but.. it's gonna be exactly 20 years since this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Muceb2s1s

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 13, 2020, 10:50 AM
Hard to say what's gonna happen and when. If it was this Friday like some of you think, it'd probably be just a coincidence but.. it's gonna be exactly 20 years since this happened:

Bro that's historic

Gaz

Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Aug 13, 2020, 11:26 AM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 13, 2020, 10:50 AM

Bro that's historic

I like the interview Chino did afterwards, and when asked what he would do with the key, he said he would snort a load of drugs off it. hahahahaha

wbasmith

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Aug 13, 2020, 08:46 AM
Quote from: Gaz on Aug 13, 2020, 07:58 AM
Hype is on fire, I love it

I can't eat, I can't sleep because of this hype. I'm not sure if I can handle it anymore.

Genuinely haven't eaten in 2 days

Sicario

For all of ye elder statesmen. Is this the most hype you've seen for a record? I know Gore was hyped up prior to release. But prior to that what was the board like when an album release was imminent?
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

rainnyx4

Quote from: Sicario on Aug 13, 2020, 02:57 PM
For all of ye elder statesmen. Is this the most hype you've seen for a record? I know Gore was hyped up prior to release. But prior to that what was the board like when an album release was imminent?

I'm always hyped for a new Deftones album, because they're my favorite band of course. But I tend to get more hyped depending on how good/bad the last album was. Was pumped for a new album because of how great WP and KNY were (my favorites along with Adrenaline) but then severely disappointed by S/T and Gore. But, this band hasn't really ever disappointed twice in a row in my experience. S/T->SNW->Eros (which I don't think was going to be as great as everyone on here seems to think it would have been based upon what we heard and what the band stated, Smile to me is incredibly uninspired) ->DE was their weakest stretch with both SNW and DE being good but not great albums. I view both SNW and DE as being transition albums before the band makes another sonic leap forward after some trauma or problems they experienced. If history is anything to go by, the new one will be another bridge like SNW and DE, giving hints at the sounds and greatness to come but not being quite the perfect album the one following it will be.

But I could just be full of shit, what the hell do I know?

Gaz

I feel more hyped for this than I did with Gore, for some reason I didn't expect much from that album at all. It's probably my least favorite record

ghostofemilydickinson

The hype is too real. 5 year lurker. Had to make an account. It's too much.

My theory: album was supposed to drop in September. Then Chino heard the new Hum album and rethought everything. Much rewriting to get that new Hum sound.

nicklav

The new Hum album is excellent, but that's an awful theory.

Sicario

I love the "long time lurker"comments. It's  obligatory at this point.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.