Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Quote from: DenakDW on Aug 15, 2020, 04:05 PM
Honestly, this album cover reveal is soooo boring. i hate the wait.

Ha, we've been waiting for over four years. What's one more week?

Vesanic

I can definitely sense the ongoing frustration and I definitely don't blame you. Just wait a little more. We have a teaser, which is possibly evolving given the comparison between today and yesterday. It's coming very soon I'm sure.

EDIT: The label has removed some stuff on reddit, you can be sure they're looking at us as well. SharingLungs has been up since the mid 2000s. Let's not compromise that by being impatient. This is a band. It's their music. Let them do what they want on their own terms if you're truly a fan and respect what they do.

Vesanic

About the teaser, here's my two cents: when they dropped the summer 2020 tour poster, I thought that artwork had a meaning to it since they were going to be promoting the album on that tour. The image seems fitting too.

Vesanic

Deftones facebook banner has been updated with a "Deftones" on black.

Formant

I'm speculating (until the image evolves into something contradictory) that the two photos were a part of the same photoshoot, and Maddocks maybe applied the same edits/filters/whatever. May even be the same woman, in terms of modeling.

It'd make thematic sense for their tour poster to have a similar mood/composition to the album cover.

Vesanic

@sharinglungs Sorry mate, if they shut this place down I'm going to riot. Discussing it is fair, just no post of the graphic.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 15, 2020, 04:57 PM
@sharinglungs Sorry mate, if they shut this place down I'm going to riot. Discussing it is fair, just no post of the graphic.

No worries, just checkin... although, if you saw the image.. it fits right?

So question on the Reddit takedown... was that just an image of whats on the deftones.com site or was it something else?

Vesanic

@sharinglungs

It does. I suspected it could be the artwork all along. We'll see though.

It was the image of the Deftones website but there were previous takedowns (album name, song titles, etc.).

Gaz

The label will not shut this place down, chill

sharinglungs

I wonder why they would take down images of the teaser ? I could see if someone posted the actual artwork.. but just strange that they would remove the teaser..

Vesanic

Quote from: Gaz on Aug 15, 2020, 05:08 PM

You'd be surprised what labels and content security can do.

There Will Be Blood

They have threatened it before.

Roidragee

Damn they really want things super quiet now huh. I mean I guess we're almost there for the reveal

Gaz

Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Aug 15, 2020, 05:11 PM

They have threatened it before.

Well I'm not involved with what you guys have to deal with from them, so if you think they are serious, then I get it

Inkblades

I mean, the label shoulda maybe realized Deftones fans are VERY passionate and would go super sleuth on this one. You're basically putting a puzzle in front of us and then saying "But don't solve the puzzle!" I mean, that's kinda the fun of it. Whatever.

There Will Be Blood

This is Warner Records guys... They go though every Deftones post on YouTube to see if you're stealing their music and flag you. They're super sensitive about it.

mono

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 15, 2020, 05:31 PM
You're basically putting a puzzle in front of us and then saying "But don't solve the puzzle!" I mean, that's kinda the fun of it.

That's the fun of this thing

Inkblades

I understand fighting music leaks 100%. They are obviously justified and have every right to protect their product. But again, the image on deftones.com is like a puzzle. Don't get mad when people start solving the puzzle. You're basically telling Deftones fans not to be passionate and excited. Just my opinion.

sharinglungs

Yep, They're even crawling the facebook groups too...

as I've heard of even unlisted videos on youtube getting taken down, only being shared in facebook groups....

There Will Be Blood

Just be patient, At least we can see the wheels are in motion. It's coming soon.