Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharinglungs

If y'all want a wild ride, read the Gore thread from Page 1... it's pretty much the same thing going on reveal wise.

N0S3BLEED976

they're going to keep being on our asses even when the album came out, lol. 'nobody talks about deftones on the internet!'

Inkblades

kleptoned

Vesanic

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Aug 15, 2020, 08:48 PM
they're going to keep being on our asses even when the album came out, lol. 'nobody talks about deftones on the internet!'

I can definitely get on yours as your comments from the last couple of years have been almost nothing but cynical garbage. Quit the attitude.

Fc29

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 15, 2020, 08:56 PM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Aug 15, 2020, 08:48 PM

I can definitely get on yours as your comments from the last couple of years have been almost nothing but cynical garbage. Quit the attitude.

cynicism is my favorite kind of humor :( sorry if i made anyone uncomfortable

Yossarian

Maybe labels marketing want everyone to experience artism of slowly appearing dots. Other possiblity is they look after numbers of visitors and submitted emails.

"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Vesanic

They definitely have an eye out. This is beyond Diamond Eyes, which was their second most hyped record after White Pony if memory serves well.

Roidragee

They know how special this album will probably be so they're being more cautious maybe

Penicks

yo warner suck my tiny lil dick you corporate cunts

ANattyRat

I can't even remember how they revealed Gore, feels like an eternity ago. But I'm guessing their play here is to slowly tease the album artwork and then when it's fully revealed, it'll be revealed along with the title, release date and maybe a single. Hopefully a single, but I guess there's no guarantee.

Yossarian

Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 15, 2020, 09:26 PM
I can't even remember how they revealed Gore, feels like an eternity ago. But I'm guessing their play here is to slowly tease the album artwork and then when it's fully revealed, it'll be revealed along with the title, release date and maybe a single. Hopefully a single, but I guess there's no guarantee.

I think they did slow reveal over days for Gore and DE as well. Never liked it. Deftones art needs no gimmicks.
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Inkblades

The Gore reveal was on IG. This new reveal feels more ominous and old school with it being on their website instead of through their social media.

Shadow46/2

Do you think it's every time someone signs up to their mailing list it reveals a new pixel?

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Aug 15, 2020, 09:46 PM
Do you think it's every time someone signs up to their mailing list it reveals a new pixel?

no these are static images

Inkblades

If I remember correctly, the DE cover reveal was in quick Youtube videos with the Diamond Eyes instrumental playing over it.

I easily like this reveal the most out of the three because it's very unique and different.

Inkblades

Yeah, you have to keep casual fans in mind. Not everybody is as OBSESSED as we are. For instance, a buddy of mine likes them, but I don't think he got around to listening to Gore until like a year after it came out.

Gaz

Prayers/Triangles was played by Zane Lowe on Beats if I remember correctly

sharinglungs

It was indeed. We also got a 30 second teaser before the album art teaser, but they seem to be almost on the same track for revealing this album as they were for gore... Except they're not putting pieces of the art work on Instagram.

That was almost like a trend back in 2016 to make one big image in IG by splitting it into 9 pieces.